💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's unfair to just say "The music has dropped in quality"

Tropico

Featured Posts

This is what I meant by unfair. What you find as terrible lyrics someone might find as great lyrics. And the fact that you said "You can't deny it!" And "It HAS declined in quality" is completely a matter of opinion. Imo... NO! It hasn't. And that's fair for me to say. It would be fair if you said "IN MY OPINION ARTPOP has declined in quality". It isn't a fact. Music can not be labeled just like that. The only fact's are things like "The album is titled ARTPOP." "The album has 15 tracks." "The album has a song called Dope." Those sorta things are facts. Not what you said. That is OPINION. So no... I can only say that what you have said is unfair and an opinion.

a) if you wanna say what i said is an OPINION, that's fine, but you can't call my OPINION unfair then :toofunny:

b) sorry, but when a pretty alarming majority of fans--especially those in this thread--agree that the quality has declined, it's probably more than opinion. of course not a fact per se, but it's not just some random opinion that the lyrics are bad, there's some concrete "evidence" that this is true.

how can you say that things like "aphrodite lady seashell bikini garden panty",

"You'll be my (G.I.R.L)Guy I’m Romancing Loves to hold you (oh yeah)Know, you wear my make-up well",

"slap honey on a young pancake"

"let your body jiggle, love to see your ass go wiggle"

all of Donatella

the verses of Fashion!

i'm honestly, genuinely asking you how you can tell me those lyrics are good and defend them?

not trying to be a dick, i'm just arguing what a lot of gaga's fans--and those who aren't fans--have argued,as well :shrug:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AbuHassan1992

tbh you're just really rude.

that's your OPINION it's not a FACT stop saying it's like it's the LAW you believe in :giggle:

MonsterRocket

She co-produced TFM too though.

Well, but she said herself she started to take part pretty much more for Born this way.

MonsterRocket

OMFG! I am telling people OPINIONS IS OKAY! But an opinion is not INSTANT A FACT BECAUSE _______ SAID SO!!!!!

I saw it more as if he was saying "this is the facts." But I guess he could be giving his opinion. I'm not against that.

That is your opinion not a fact :fail:. Please don't act like what you believe is law. I believe Marry The Night by itself is better than the others you mentioned. But that is my opinion not a given fact.

What you are saying is totally what my point is. People give opinions and then act like it's a fact because they believe it is.

No, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. RedOne is more experienced as a producer than Gaga. THAT IS A FACT.

He's been producing songs way longer than Gaga. THAT IS A FACT .Of course she's amazing at writing songs, but not such a great professional producer. He knows better how to produce music, 'cause he's been doing it for so many years more than Gaga! C'mon, it's obvious, a great professional is always founded in experience . THAT IS A FACT.

I feel like Gaga's started to take full control of everything too soon. A doctor can't start to make surgeries in the first year of his degree. He has to learn a lot and listen to experienced doctors. If not, it will be a disaster. THAT IS A FACT.

Gaga has still a lot to learn. And, she should have a team who'd let her know that, and not avoiding telling her the truth.

Bambino

ARTPOP is a great pop album, end of story.

This. It's only about the proper promo.

VforVendetta

I agree. Imo TFM, BTW and ARTPOP are a lot above TF and BTW-ARTPOP are Gaga's most ambitious works.

theotherside

I'm gonna add my two cents. Hopefully people can respond in a civilized way that creates a mature conversation. I do feel like the quality of music in ARTPOP dropped from her previous albums. (excluding The Fame) The Fame wasn't that great if I'm going to be honest. The singles were amazing, but the album was just okay. The Fame Monster is amazing. Her voice, the lyrics, the sound, the themes... it was very well done. Born This Way was also amazing. It just had too much filler. If she had gotten rid of a few songs like Black Jesus, The queen, etc then I would argue it was a better album than The Fame Monster. But as an album, counting ALL the songs, I have to say the fame monster is better. Now going to ARTPOP, I feel like the "Failure" of BTW got to her. Even if she doesn't admit it, and even if you refuse to believe it, I still think it had an impact on the sound of ARTPOP. I feel like she tried following a trend. (EDM) But then she released the album after EDM had died down. ARTPOP definitely has some gems on it, but it's lacking the awesome sounds that her othr amazing songs have. I jut don'r feel like it's up to par with her other stuff. And I think that's why it's performing poorly. Of course, I don't care about how it's performing. Most of my faves don't even make it to the bubbling under charts. I just think ARTPOP was really lackluster. Maybe I expect too much. It's good, but it doesn't have that 'it' factor. A lot of the songs have already become boring to me. But some songs are flawless and deserve to smash (Applause, ARTPOP, dope) Of course, this all my opinion and I'm sure many of you disagree with me.

Edit: I also want to add that I think ARTPOP had a lot of potential to be huge. She needs a new marketing team. A lot of those songs easily could have been hits.

holy scheisse

I dont understand this constant hate for pop music. Who gives a **** if it's pop? It's just another genre, another factor of music and the music industry.

We could ramble on and on for hours discussing why and how ARTPOP lacked in many areas, but why is that such a bad thing?

Why is it all of a sudden forbidden to point out flaws in something?

Personally I feel like ARTPOP did 'drop in quality'. After the two long years we waited, ARTPOP was not the standard I expected. :later:

#ItsLikeACumShot

because "Flaws" in art is so subjective. Like who are you to say somebody else's art is flawed you know. you may not like it, but that does not make it flawed.

Optimus

It has tho. None of the songs on ARTPOP and BTW  are on the level of Alejandro, let alone  Bad Romance 

I'm gonna add my two cents. Hopefully people can respond in a civilized way that creates a mature conversation. I do feel like the quality of music in ARTPOP dropped from her previous albums. (excluding The Fame) The Fame wasn't that great if I'm going to be honest. The singles were amazing, but the album was just okay. The Fame Monster is amazing. Her voice, the lyrics, the sound, the themes... it was very well done. Born This Way was also amazing. It just had too much filler. If she had gotten rid of a few songs like Black Jesus, The queen, etc then I would argue it was a better album than The Fame Monster. But as an album, counting ALL the songs, I have to say the fame monster is better. Now going to ARTPOP, I feel like the "Failure" of BTW got to her. Even if she doesn't admit it, and even if you refuse to believe it, I still think it had an impact on the sound of ARTPOP. I feel like she tried following a trend. (EDM) But then she released the album after EDM had died down. ARTPOP definitely has some gems on it, but it's lacking the awesome sounds that her othr amazing songs have. I jut don'r feel like it's up to par with her other stuff. And I think that's why it's performing poorly. Of course, I don't care about how it's performing. Most of my faves don't even make it to the bubbling under charts. I just think ARTPOP was really lackluster. Maybe I expect too much. It's good, but it doesn't have that 'it' factor. A lot of the songs have already become boring to me. But some songs are flawless and deserve to smash (Applause, ARTPOP, dope) Of course, this all my opinion and I'm sure many of you disagree with me.

Edit: I also want to add that I think ARTPOP had a lot of potential to be huge. She needs a new marketing team. A lot of those songs easily could have been hits.

I really agree with you! Well, except for TF. I totally see why people don't think it's good, but I argue it's overall her second best/most consistent album. It's cheeky, it's clever, it's not over-the-top, it's not pretending to be anything artistic (like BTW and AP), it's fun, it's GREAT quality pop music, imo. AP is not great pop music; it's sort of like a guilt pleasure you don't want people to know you like. But it was totally cool and different to like TF because it WAS cool

Ronk

ARTPOP is my favorite album.  There has been no loss in quality.  It does appeal to different tastes than before, and some may perceive that as a loss in quality.  But to me the quality has even improved, which is quite an achievement since her earlier work was outstanding.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Born To Slay

To be fair Black Jesus and The Queen were bonus tracks

Archived