💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will Cheek to Cheek really help Gaga?

GypsyHaus

Featured Posts

ARTPOPchamp

OH MY GOD GypsyHaus, just stop with your crap already. Not everything Gaga does is "too help" her career, how many times do Gaga or Monsters have to say it, Gaga doesn't give an eff if she has public approval. Haven't you learned anything from Gaga in the past 6 years? She's not one of those popstars or celebrities who sits around calculating the next move to get noticed or accepted. Gaga is Gaga is Gaga. She doesn't give a flying f**k about approval or doing things to get to the top.

All this concern certain Fans, I'm not going to use the term Monsters, because the real Monsters are there for Gaga no matter what, the fans are the ones who are only there at certain times... Stop being so concerned about what the General Public thinks, who cares? Most of the time the GP has proven WRONG on many things, they are wrong about Gaga too. If Monsters and Fans give Gaga good feedback, others will follow suit.

Gaga makes her music and art because she loves it, she doesn't make it for public approval. Duh.

"I don't care if I sell 1 record or 100 million records, I'm always going to make music because its what I love." - Gaga

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

No. It wont do as well as ARTPOP or anywhere close to it.

But i seriously dont give a ****, i just want some flawless JazzGa. 

destructivelove

What are you talking about, it only has 1 top 10 song .__.

Anyway, I guess it will help her expand her demographic amongst older people while tuning out her younger audience, because honestly I doubt it's gonna sound good, but each to their own.

I don't expect big promo for it though, and only a lead single. I heard that jazz albums are not about single releases but more about album sales, but we'll see

. ...excuse me Dope says hello... :awkney:

Creyk

. ...excuse me Dope says hello...

U suck with shade since it just shows you didn't bother to properly read the thread :awkney:

This was already discussed 2 times :awkney:

:awkney:

Ronk

Yes, because it will bring many jazz fans into her fanbase.  And people who avoid pop will finally see how well she can sing.

I live outside the space time continuum.

giskardsb

Keep in mind that what Gaga and Tony do are generally show tunes... the most popular form of Jazz.  Duets II hit #1 on the Billboard 200, and Duets and Duets II have sold millions worldwide.  So don't discount the potential of this album, just because the average modern pop fan has little appreciation for other genres.  Most of the "GP" knows that Gaga has a good voice and will give the album a chance.  I won't be surprised at all if this album tops ARTPOP's sales.

GypsyHaus

OH MY GOD GypsyHaus, just stop with your crap already. Not everything Gaga does is "too help" her career, how many times do Gaga or Monsters have to say it, Gaga doesn't give an eff if she has public approval. Haven't you learned anything from Gaga in the past 6 years? She's not one of those popstars or celebrities who sits around calculating the next move to get noticed or accepted. Gaga is Gaga is Gaga. She doesn't give a flying f**k about approval or doing things to get to the top.

All this concern certain Fans, I'm not going to use the term Monsters, because the real Monsters are there for Gaga no matter what, the fans are the ones who are only there at certain times... Stop being so concerned about what the General Public thinks, who cares? Most of the time the GP has proven WRONG on many things, they are wrong about Gaga too. If Monsters and Fans give Gaga good feedback, others will follow suit.

Gaga makes her music and art because she loves it, she doesn't make it for public approval. Duh.

"I don't care if I sell 1 record or 100 million records, I'm always going to make music because its what I love." - Gaga

I classify myself a monster cause I don't care how Gaga charts, which I've stated previously. But this is a Gaga forum which a lot of people are forgetting obviously, and these kind of things will be discussed.

Never once did I say 'I hope it helps her career', cause if she's happy with her career, why wouldn't I be? I started this thread in retaliation of people saying Cheek to Cheek will do well, and I gave my opinion and they gave theirs.

This was not to discuss the GP's 'acceptance' of her, so you're entirely missing the point.

LilVenusian

I think it definitely will widen her audience and make her some easy moolah but i dont think it will really affect her pop career too much. Unless it is some roaring success and outsells ARTPOP.  Her label would definitely take notice and probably encourage her to do more stripped back, organic music. Apart from the commercial aspect of it, shes bound to get a decent amount of critical acclaim,   getting the respect of those dusty old white male critics and correcting ARTPOP's damage to her average career score on metacritic  :fan:

wahkeenasitka

How is ANYONE supposed to know or make useless predictions this far in advance of a release of an album that nobody has listened to yet. 

Microscope

Does it really matter tho?

She made the album with artistic vision. Not to slay the charts :smh:

It's a JAZZ album, baby. It's not Pop music.

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

Archived