💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV UK: Has Katy Perry watered down Gaga’s art

lego

Featured Posts

Slayer

Oh look, lots of exposure for Katy Keene. What a fortuitous coincidence.  :roll:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HappyDance.gif

Nothing really needs to be said, except Gaga's decision to call her out remains flawless, brave, and obviously the right decision. Keeneycats be crawling out of the GGD crevices trying to prove Gaga was wrong from the beginning, pretending they care about "kindness". Well, checkmate. Have a nice seat on "Katy's" puppet horse and sip some more of that green puke koolaid.

tokyodisko

Inspiration =/= using the same outfit. If this was about Gaga she would be dragged to the depths.

Also "I like God don't play with dice and I don't believe in coincidence" said Shakespeare.

I wouldn't have accused Katy for anything if she hadn't done all these combined in one Tour. How much coincidence? (Leave the wig outside, its indeed reaching).

Anyway what I said from the beginning is just that I agree that Gaga did the right thing to make a comment on it because that way she made sure she took the credits and not Katy. Her career and iconicness are at stake and even if you found it ridiculous, you don't have Gaga's career, neither do I, and we don't know her struggle to maintain everything she has today.

So with the first part this sounds like more of a personal vendetta against Katy and her fans rather than being realistic about Gaga and the fact that she has taken inspiration from and used the same outfit before. It happened to Gaga so everyone should have to go through it. Ah, okay. And on that note, I haven't seen a Gaga to anyone comparison since BTW, so it is kind of an extinct point. 

Shakespeare lived in the 1500s, a simpler, smaller population, without readily available tech/social media, and endless ways to express creativity, sooooo, that doesn't really apply here. Once again, if it did then we should be fair and drag Gaga for copying Kylie's tour ideas. Or Katy's seashells. Don't be delusional, you're young, so you have some time to learn.  :ohwell:

All these combined things? You mean two things. A horse, which makes sense considering it is in the title as well as used as a prop during the Grammy performance. It looks absolutely nothing like Gaga's and Gaga didn't invent it.

As someone else has said on this board- Gaga wasn't even the first to wear a meat dress.

The paint in her mouth thing was much more s-xualized than Gaga's and it's not as if Gaga was the first to use colorful liquid coming out of a mouth imagery in the past couple years- or paint splatters. Though I don't think it's close enough to be called a rip off, I see why people are upset about it. Aesthetically it's the opposite of SXSW. It looks like a normal paint party.

If Gaga wants credit for what she does then doing promo is the way to go about it, not some shady, stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess and she wanted to try to get in a headline as a victim rather than an annoyance. If she "had" to make a comment it should have been a tongue in cheek joke directly tweeted at Katy about it. Keeping it in friendly competition instead of hiding her inebriated self behind a keyboard- the same thing she was pushing for ages this era. Consequences of what we say online nonsense.

Levine

I need media to start showing the Katy Keene thing that's even more blatant than the prismatic comparisons. 

Not gonna happen. She's not interesting nor has the "clicks factor", no one is checking for her and people don't waste their articles on irrelevant subjects. 

NewYorkCity

If Gaga wants credit for what she does then doing promo is the way to go about it, not some shady, stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess and she wanted to try to get in a headline as a victim rather than an annoyance. If she "had" to make a comment it should have been a tongue in cheek joke directly tweeted at Katy about it. Keeping it in friendly competition instead of hiding her inebriated self behind a keyboard- the same thing she was pushing for ages this era. Consequences of what we say online nonsense.

Oh really, leave this site if you feel like that about her. LOL.

Btw,

katy.jpg

Bye.

Gagz

So with the first part this sounds like more of a personal vendetta against Katy and her fans rather than being realistic about Gaga and the fact that she has taken inspiration from and used the same outfit before. It happened to Gaga so everyone should have to go through it. Ah, okay. And on that note, I haven't seen a Gaga to anyone comparison since BTW, so it is kind of an extinct point.

Shakespeare lived in the 1500s, a simpler, smaller population, without readily available tech/social media, and endless ways to express creativity, sooooo, that doesn't really apply here. Once again, if it did then we should be fair and drag Gaga for copying Kylie's tour ideas. Or Katy's seashells. Don't be delusional, you're young, so you have some time to learn. :ohwell:

All these combined things? You mean two things. A horse, which makes sense considering it is in the title as well as used as a prop during the Grammy performance. It looks absolutely nothing like Gaga's and Gaga didn't invent it.

As someone else has said on this board- Gaga wasn't even the first to wear a meat dress.

The paint in her mouth thing was much more s-xualized than Gaga's and it's not as if Gaga was the first to use colorful liquid coming out of a mouth imagery in the past couple years- or paint splatters. Though I don't think it's close enough to be called a rip off, I see why people are upset about it. Aesthetically it's the opposite of SXSW. It looks like a normal paint party.

Everything you've said in this thread :legend: :applause:

tokyodisko

Oh really, leave this site if you feel like that about her. LOL.

Btw,

katy.jpg

Bye.

lol That was  FOUR years ago and why should Gaga sink to Katy's level? She shouldn't tbh.

I'm here because I love Gaga, but I don't have to like everything she does or defend everything she does when I think it's wrong. Opinions!!! Oh no! :O

Also she handled that very well. She is often very mindful.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1641494/katy-perry-explains-her-lady-gaga-blasphemy-tweet/

Miel

I like Katy, and I'm sure she means no harm, but I do feel kind of iffy about all of this.

Understandably, Gaga wasn't the first to - wear green hair, use a black/white patterned blonde multi-layere bob wig, utilize a mechanical horse on tour, or use paint/vomit art imagery. It's just that all seems a bit more than a coincidence that one popularized it, and another followed suit.

Not that I think it's bad on Katy's part, I just think it'd be bad if Gaga got **** for it while Katy didn't. Though, it seems Katy's getting flack for it now, in which I say- what's wrong with wearing inspiration on the sleeve? As long as credit is given where it's due.

3 points in and ready for more

NewYorkCity

lol That was years ago and why should Gaga sink to Katy's level? She shouldn't tbh.

I'm here because I love Gaga, but I don't have to like everything she does or defend everything she does when I think it's wrong. Opinions!!! Oh no! :O

One thing is not liking something that she has done, and another thing is saying that she's totally out of control and her carreer is over. 

"I didn't like what she said on twitter because I don't think the similarities are THAT important and it was wrong imo"

VS

"If Gaga wants credit for what she does then doing promo is the way to go about it, not some shady, stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess"

see the difference? Lots of ways to express opinions!

Yeah it is from 2010 but quoting your words:

"stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess and she wanted to try to get in a headline as a victim rather than an annoyance. If she "had" to make a comment it should have been a tongue in cheek joke directly tweeted at Katy about it."

TheOriginalOne

Nothing against Katy but it's nice to see the media on Gaga's side for once.

tokyodisko

Nothing against Katy but it's nice to see the media on Gaga's side for once.

I agree with this! It's been a while. I just wish it stemmed from her achievements rather than something comparing the two again. 

One thing is not liking something that she has done, and another thing is saying that she's totally out of control and her carreer is over. 

"I didn't like what she said on twitter because I don't think the similarities are THAT important and it was wrong imo"

VS

"If Gaga wants credit for what she does then doing promo is the way to go about it, not some shady, stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess"

see the difference? Lots of ways to express opinions!

Yeah it is from 2010 but quoting your words:

"stupid tweet that makes her look severely unprofessional and unlikeable. Tact- Gaga lost it. She can't maintain being iconic if all she does is tweet. Her career is a mess and she wanted to try to get in a headline as a victim rather than an annoyance. If she "had" to make a comment it should have been a tongue in cheek joke directly tweeted at Katy about it."

Putting words in my mouth. As I have said before and will say now, I have never and will likely never say Gaga's career is over. 

I do think it is messy right now. She's come off a very rocky era and her marketing/PR is atrocious. She needs her marketing blitz back. Go big or go home tbh.

Will it make you feel any better if I tell you that I was also very pissed at Katy when she said that? I was happy Judas was a single, because I hoped it would annoy her. 

So by also being annoyed at Gaga for pulling that kind of junk over a wig and prop I think was very immature and a poor choice. Religion is at least something that has immense ties to people. 

I think I'm being entirely fair for being annoyed at Gaga for what I was annoyed at Katy for. 

VforVendetta

Shakespeare lived in the 1500s, a simpler, smaller population, without readily available tech/social media, and endless ways to express creativity, sooooo, that doesn't really apply here. Once again, if it did then we should be fair and drag Gaga for copying Kylie's tour ideas. Or Katy's seashells. Don't be delusional, you're young, so you have some time to learn. :ohwell:

First of all what Shakespeare said is for all times, these things don't change. Never doubt a mind like this while you support Katy Perry.

As for the egocentric post you wrote, it doesn't really impress me, believe me. Let me tell you something, you can't use the 1 + 1 logic in everything. The way you introduce things, I would also agree with you but things are not like that. Of course Lady Gaga hasn't invented all those things. Gaga used all these things though in her previous Tour and Katy Perry, Gaga's biggest rival in the industry uses them in her next Tour. Gaga is NOT gonna sit back, yes, the industry is a warzone and Katy didn't think about Gaga when she took all these ideas from Gaga's previous Tour and performamce and she didn't think about her when she released Prism the same time as AP (but this is reaching as well, I know), she didn't think about Gaga when she shaded Alejandro.

Gaga is not hiding herself behind a keyboard, she is Touring the world, you and me hide behind the keyboard. Of course Gaga's career is a mess for you that have Katy Perry as a vision, its sad that Katy would kill for Gaga's career and I am not talking about #1s. The fact that Katy copied Gaga is not such an important think really. Gaga was always kind and even more than that to people that were kind to her and this is why everyone loves her in the industry even if she is very controversial. You keep talking about what Gaga should have done all the time but its easy to judge behind a computer screen.

tokyodisko

First of all what Shakespeare said is for all times, these things don't change. Never doubt a mind like this while you support Katy Perry.

As for the egocentric post you wrote, it doesn't really impress me, believe me. Let me tell you something, you can't use the 1 + 1 logic in everything. The way you introduce things, I would also agree with you but things are not like that. Of course Lady Gaga hasn't invented all those things. Gaga used all these things though in her previous Tour and Katy Perry, Gaga's biggest rival in the industry uses them in her next Tour. Gaga is NOT gonna sit back, yes, the industry is a warzone and Katy didn't think about Gaga when she took all these ideas from Gaga's previous Tour and performamce and she didn't think about her when she released Prism the same time as AP (but this is reaching as well, I know), she didn't think about Gaga when she shaded Alejandro.

Gaga is not hiding herself behind a keyboard, she is Touring the world, you and me hide behind the keyboard. Of course Gaga's career is a mess for you that have Katy Perry as a vision, its sad that Katy would kill for Gaga's career and I am not talking about #1s. The fact that Katy copied Gaga is not such an important think really. Gaga was always kind and even more than that to people that were kind to her and this is why everyone loves her in the industry even if she is very controversial. You keep talking about what Gaga should have done all the time but its easy to judge behind a computer screen.

Right, times haven't changed since then. I should listen to his works for everything. Sorry, as much as I love A Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth, I'm not living my life from one man's view on that.  :smh:

You're so right. Katy is desperate to be Gaga. She fashions herself around her. 

Egocentric? Because I'm saying something that aside from LMs is a popular opinion? So sorry for expressing it. Wear and ear condom next time.  :derpga:

I also have not stanned for Katy since OOTB ended. How presumptuous. I will however defend her against unwarranted and unnecessary hate. Of course since I am honest and realistic about Gaga and her career it must mean I stan harder for someone else.  :fail:  Solid logic. I find her PR/marketing one of the most fascinating things about her aside from the music. God forbid we all like Gaga for different reasons. Funny how the only posts you ever mention of mine are the negative ones, though if you look back I've actually created a number of positive Gaga threads and said a lot of positive things about Gaga until her tweet happened. Still loving artRave and Partynauseous.

You won't look at it from a non-biased way within the bigger picture, so we're going to have to agree to disagree.  :ohwell:

Archived