💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Party/ ear plugs for the ArtRave?

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MahoTheMnstr

my mom obviously didn't care about me when i was little  :awkney:  she'll be fine, if you are close to the speakers you will lose your voice and your hearing for like a day, but it's no big deal, it's normal it goes away 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

I have a question for the concert attendants here, since I never been to one.

My daughter will join me in going to the ArtRave and we have GA tickets for Antwerp.

After watching some footage I was wondering if it's maybe not too loud for her ears.

Would you suggest using party/ear plugs cause I wouldn't want her hearing to get damaged :ohno:

Yes, I would get ear plugs for her. You can get them in fun colors that will look good at the "rave" atmosphere, maybe to match her outfit! :)

It's a practice that you can start her on to protect her hearing on down the road. It's like teaching kids to use sunscreen now, to avoid skin cancer in the future.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/may/13/should-wear-earplugs-to-concerts

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-17952110

Luc

How old is she? :confused: I wouldn't think a two hour concert would damage your hearing permanently, unless you go to them constantly for long periods of time :huh: My hearing's fine and I've been to 5-6 concerts :shrug: But your throat will hurt after the concert because of the shouting and screaming :laughga:

Exposure to 90dB for 1h+ does hurt your ears. A concert is probably 95~115 dB, depending on where you stand.

I suggest you just take them with you, and when you notice that it's too loud you tell her to plug them in :yes:

Edit: And I suggest to get them yourself too. Set a good example; ear damage is just as bad on your 11th as on your 33th.

TheQueen

I brought my 11 year old (at the time) sister to see The Monster Ball and she was fine, unless she has sensitive ears then I think she'll be fine. Maybe bring them just incase she needs them throughout the show.

swine killer

lady gaga would suggest dr.dre 's headphones. :derpga:  (without listening to the music then).

I would recommend headphones/ear muffs than ear plugs. Ear plugs can be harmful if you put them in wrong. and if she happens to drop them while it's loud, it becomes just a mess. Mess to find them among crazy monsters on the floor, and mess for the ear. Plus you can not use them dirty. So ear muffs are probably best choice. You can spice them up a bit. You still going to artRAVE  :ohwell:

Torsoface

Definetely ear plugs. I was pissed at BTWB myself because i didn't bought them and all I could hear was mess and my ears died  :awkney:

prince

Like everyone has said before me i'd take ear plugs just in case, even if no damage occurs it could be uncomfortable from all the shouting but hopefully Gagas voice will soothe that out  ;) 

skaxboy

Definetely ear plugs. I was pissed at BTWB myself because i didn't bought them and all I could hear was mess and my ears died :awkney:

Most of the time the workers will give them out for free! Like of you see a guard, just ask them and try should have little ear plugs to give out. At least the arenas I've been to.

djparky

I tend to wear ear plugs most of the time now- I find it takes the top end off and also stops any of the post concert headaches/ ear ringing that I used to get- the downside is you can't always the crowd- for young kids it's a definite

MonsterMum

Hey guys I only came back now but I read all your posts.

Thanks for your replies and we'll buy party plugs for her. Ear ringing is something temporarily but in some cases it could stay and I would not forgive myself if I did that to her knowing a simple 10 euro earplug could have prevented that :shrug:

In reply to some: 

Before, women would smoke during their pregnancy cause it would not cause any harm and we drove around without seatbelts but when we know better we should do better so party plugs it is.

NewYorkCity

If she is really little then yes I would. But I think like over 4 years old she will be fine.

When I saw Britney Spears kids when I went to her concert in 2011 they had little earmuffs on (but they were very near the stage). It was so cute. :haha:

Yeah but they are exposed to a lot of concerts if they go with her on tour so it's normal...

I think that it won't damage her ears but if you feel insecure about it you can take them and if she complains about it being too loud you can put them on her ears...

I have been to a lot of concerts and discos since I was a kid and my ears are fine...

Definitely something to consider. Most concerts I've been to have been very loud, and I wasn't able to hear clearly for a few days. If she is young then I'd especially say yes. At least bring them just in case she ends up not liking the volume. Have fun!

MonsterOfSpain

I was 11 when I went to The Born This Way Ball and my ear is perfectly fine

RAMROD

Hey guys I only came back now but I read all your posts.

Thanks for your replies and we'll buy party plugs for her. Ear ringing is something temporarily but in some cases it could stay and I would not forgive myself if I did that to her knowing a simple 10 euro earplug could have prevented that :shrug:

In reply to some: 

Before, women would smoke during their pregnancy cause it would not cause any harm and we drove around without seatbelts but when we know better we should do better so party plugs it is.

Glad you have decided on party earplugs,

and hope it will enhance the experience too! :zilla:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived