Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

What I expected from ARTPOP (and hopefully ACT II!)

Anomaly

Featured Posts

Anomaly

Now that we've heard [part of] PARTYNAUSEOUS, I can safely say that that is the sound I was expecting from ARTPOP, and I hope we get more of it on ACT II.

I'm happy with what we got, but I think Gaga's original vision for this album was a bit different, and I think it sounded more like this:

-PARTYNAUSEOUS

-The second half of Swine

-Aura (Demo Version)

-Princess High/Stache

-Venus

-The chorus of Donatella

-G.U.Y. (NEIN ZEDD!)

-We haven't heard them yet, but I definitely think Onion Girl and Tinnitus (maybe even TEA) have similar high energy, heart-thumping, electronic dance rave sounds, too.

Which songs matched your expectations for ARTPOP, and which songs do you expect to hear similar sounds from on ACT II?

CyanLights

Agreed. PARTYNAUSEOUS is what i expected ARTPOP to sound like as well (not that im disappointed with the album)

PARTYNAUSEOUS really reminds me of those Versace snippets we got. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocSvwZNgD_E

IAmTheX

Aura and Venus were the ones that matched my expectations cos they're catchy still experimental

Yanko

aura venus g.u.y ARTPOP swine applause s-xxx dremas and dwyw thats my ARTPOP

gamazing

i agree. i dont even listen to j&d dope applause and fashion these songs r just meh

LStephens11

-PARTYNAUSEOUS :legend:

-The second half of Swine :legend:

-Aura (Demo Version) :legend:

-Princess High/Stache :legend:

-Venus :legend:

-The chorus of Donatella

-G.U.Y. (NEIN ZEDD!)

YES! I just put something similar on twitter last night. I'm so sad she doesn't perform Swine in full at artRave, it's the best part. I firmly believe the ARTPOP we received isn't the original ARTPOP concept - however, if it weren't for the hip we wouldn't've gotten Venus. But maybe this supposed Act II or next album will be what ARTPOP should've been.

Who knows though? I'm ready for new music though!

Dean Winchester

Aura and Venus were the ones that matched my expectations cos they're catchy still experimental

THIS.  I agree.  And i think Venus was probably the only one that she probably wasn't forced to change to make it more commercial.  No wonder she loves it so much  :toofunny: I bet her label wanted her to make Aura a bit more commercial, hence the change from the demo to the studio version.  

I need partynauseous in my life tbh.  

Anomaly

YES! I just put something similar on twitter last night. I'm so sad she doesn't perform Swine in full at artRave, it's the best part. I firmly believe the ARTPOP we received isn't the original ARTPOP concept - however, if it weren't for the hip we wouldn't've gotten Venus. But maybe this supposed Act II or next album will be what ARTPOP should've been.

Who knows though? I'm ready for new music though!

SHE DIDN'T?! Oh man, she better switch things up within the next month-and-a-half because that's the performance I was looking forward to the most. :(

And I agree with you; I also think that the second act of ARTPOP is going to be a second volume of songs that are more true to what her original vision of ARTPOP was supposed to be. Something she said in a recent interview makes me think that's exactly what she's planning to do.

monketsharona

From ARTPOP itself I don't think we have to expect anything about it. From Act II I hope we'll see the rebirth of Lady Gaga. I want her to return to all the successful things she has done before !

Though I don't think we need a full EDM new album. EDM is not so successful nowadays... 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I agree.  The Ratchet instrumental.. STache.. PARTYNAUSEOUS.  SExxx Dreams, Do What U Want, Swine, Aura (Demo), the rest I do not need tbh.

Really sad that this album could have been and WAS everything we thought it would be.

Agreed. PARTYNAUSEOUS is what i expected ARTPOP to sound like as well (not that im disappointed with the album)

PARTYNAUSEOUS really reminds me of those Versace snippets we got. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocSvwZNgD_E

SLAYED by the one that starts at :22. Especially the voice at the end. :legend:

It does sounds like DWUW a fair bit

LStephens11

SHE DIDN'T?! Oh man, she better switch things up within the next month-and-a-half because that's the performance I was looking forward to the most. :(

And I agree with you; I also think that the second act of ARTPOP is going to be a second volume of songs that are more true to what her original vision of ARTPOP was supposed to be. Something she said in a recent interview makes me think that's exactly what she's planning to do.

In the videos I've seen she performs just the first part and that's it and the performance is awkward... I think SXSW and Swinefest was better tbh :awkney: My show is in July and I hope she performs the second half then, it's my favorite part!

"Be that hawwwwwwwwwwwwg! Sweat it out you squealllaaaa!" :music:

Anomaly

In the videos I've seen she performs just the first part and that's it and the performance is awkward... I think SXSW and Swinefest was better tbh :awkney: My show is in July and I hope she performs the second half then, it's my favorite part!

"Be that hawwwwwwwwwwwwg! Sweat it out you squealllaaaa!" :music:

The Swinefest performance of Swine is my all-time favorite. I thought she was going to incorporate it into the artRave, but I guess not. :crossed:

ElfyAss

Hardcore trap songs in ACT II

The comeback of some hardstyle

and some Aura, G.U.Yesque songs  :manicure:

Archived