💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Influenced Every Modern Pop Star

Quark

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

Gaga changed pop culture forever. Some of the modern female pop srars are walking on the path that was constructed by Gaga's impact. But now they look original and Gaga looks pretentious. Gaga paved the way for them. Someday people will understand the real deal. They will understand that today's pop culture has been modified by Gaga.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilVenusian

Theirs a difference between popularizing something and actually having an “influenceâ€. Influence is timeless and classic, it takes more than just setting a few trends. Most of these things you are talking about are trends and didn't last past a few years.  Your just crediting gaga with way too much tbh (like paving the way for EDM :fail:). The only really influential thing shes done that will stand the test of time imo is The Fame Monster, which is already starting to build a legacy as a classic in the pop community. Silly things like fan nick-names and crazy costumes are going to mean nothing 20 years down the line. Im not trying to deflate gagas achievements, but if an artist gets a big head thinking that their some big influential icon, that’s when they feel like they have nothing to prove and get lazy. 

grenziel

Gaga wasn't the first artist to name her fanbase/have a name for her fanbase though.

Yes, but she popularized it again. (:

Gaga wasn't the first artist to name her fanbase/have a name for her fanbase though.

Yes, but she popularized it again. (:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

djBuffoon

Agree with everything. Katy can have her #1s, Gaga has already made her impact and had her success. Largest grossing tour by a doubt headlining artists, huge sell-out tours, selling 1 million in a week, 7 Pop Radio #1s, 14 top tens etc. She has nothing yet to prove. Katy still has to prove that she is more than a corporate money making creation

:tea: :tea: :tea:

God I can't step in this thread without trippin' on the boiling hot tea on the floor

Tropico

SPILL DAT TEA GURL AND EXPOSE DEM POP GURLS :trootea: :trootea: :trootea: :applause:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Donatello

*Gaga's team influenced every pop star.

Social media strategy - thanks to Troy Carter
Just Dance/Poker Face/Bad Romance - thanks to RedOne
Fashion TFM/BTW - thanks to Nicola
Choreo TF/TFM/early BTW - thanks Laurianne (Americano/Applause/etc most hated choreos)
Monster Ball interludes - thanks to Nick Knight
(and more)

Read up on all of these key people. For example, before Paparrazi, Gaga had all her outfits made by Haus from scratch. Nicola came along and revamped her style with high fashion brands. Gaga was always instructed exactly which designer made her clothes in case interviewers asked, which gave off the impression she was in control. This is why she had such a big impact post-Paparrazi and for TFM/BTW in terms of fashion.

Like Dada said, her success was a perfect storm - chance. She doesn't receive credit, because on her own she cannot maintain the standards she set. ARTPOP era, with her important collaborators all gone, is a perfect example of that.

Theirs a difference between popularizing something and actually having an “influenceâ€. Influence is timeless and classic, it takes more than just setting a few trends. Most of these things you are talking about are trends and didn't last past a few years.  Your just crediting gaga with way too much tbh (like paving the way for EDM :fail:). The only really influential thing shes done that will stand the test of time imo is The Fame Monster, which is already starting to build a legacy as a classic in the pop community. Silly things like fan nick-names and crazy costumes are going to mean nothing 20 years down the line. Im not trying to deflate gagas achievements, but if an artist gets a big head thinking that their some big influential icon, that’s when they feel like they have nothing to prove and get lazy.

This. 

LoveandMagic

I am pretty sure I saw or read an interview with Nicki Minaj were she credited her fashion choices as being influenced by Lil Kim. One of Kim's debut singles featured a vid where she wore all kinds of crazy colorful wigs and outfits. Something in which I think Kim continued to do throughout the 90's and early 2000's. Gaga may have influenced Nicki to do more dance stuff though, I'm not sure. Any Nicki fans here to clarify?

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

referee

i agree except for the point about her popularizing electronic music. especially if you're gonna use just dance and pokerface as your examples. the fame is hardly edm, its hardly dance music, she just came at the right place at the right time. even the black eyed peas where making more electronic oriented music than gaga at the time.

I was about to chirp in with this. But especially with David Guetta and Calvin Harris scoring billboard hits, I don't think we can call Gaga an innovator in that aspect.

As far as naming fanbases, she kind of brought it back from the past. The Grateful Dead named theirs Deadheads. I think she did influence all the other pop singers of this time to name theirs.

In the future people will admit that :worship:

but now they like to pretend it isn't true, even when they have the receipts in their faces

This is very true, it's just so hostile in the industry right now.

Gaga was one of a wave of young female synth-pop/dance acts that broke out in the UK, for example, in 2009, but she's been the only one to truly stand the test of time in such a way :legend:

Miss Piggy

Most of them would say they are inspired by Madonna then Lady Gaga. 

fever21.jpg

c693e0be494c16874128fbae87a5cef0.jpgec190491cb061af524d0c2832fa02b46.jpg

20110521-news-madonna-jean-paul-gaultier

xtinaexpresseshumannatu1+-+copia.jpg

20131213-news-madonna-beyonce-haunted-vi

lairofhk

Yea i agree to an extent. But she should stop acting like pop culture is her b---h, it was like...3 years ago tbh

Archived