Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Influenced Every Modern Pop Star

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

Lately there has been a lot of talk among the fans and the media about how Gaga is fading. But her influence could still be spotted everywhere. I think that it is very obvious that almost every major pop star was influenced by Gaga (whether or not they want to admit it). And with this Katy situation, I personally feel like Gaga is finally speaking up about her true place in pop culture. Gaga, while not the inventor of everything that she has done, changed the music industry by reintroducing and popularizing crazy high fashion, theatrical performances, movie-like music videos, electronic dance music, and innovative online interaction with fans. Artists like Kesha, Usher, Pitbull, Katy, and many others, changed or styled their sound to electronic dance music after the success of songs like Just Dance and Poker Face. Consequently this later paved the way for the harder EDM sound that we have now. To continue, artists like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and many more, began naming their fanbases after the whole "Little Monsters" phenomena. And nearly all pop stars traded their classical s-xy fashion styles, for the crazier and artsier outfits. Finally, many here are saying "why is Gaga complaining, Nicki Minaj wore the green wig first anyways". But honestly, Nicki wouldn't even have worn those crazy green wigs, if it wasn't for Gaga paving the way for crazy looks to the mainstream world in the first place. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HANZ

In the future people will admit that :worship:

but now they like to pretend it isn't true, even when they have the receipts in their faces

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

aaronyoji

i agree except for the point about her popularizing electronic music. especially if you're gonna use just dance and pokerface as your examples. the fame is hardly edm, its hardly dance music, she just came at the right place at the right time. even the black eyed peas where making more electronic oriented music than gaga at the time. 

JaysAMess

Gaga wasn't the first artist to name her fanbase/have a name for her fanbase though.

TEANUS

Agree with everything. Katy can have her #1s, Gaga has already made her impact and had her success. Largest grossing tour by a doubt headlining artists, huge sell-out tours, selling 1 million in a week, 7 Pop Radio #1s, 14 top tens etc. She has nothing yet to prove. Katy still has to prove that she is more than a corporate money making creation

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Quark

Yes BEP also contributed to the rise of EDM, but Poker Face and Just Dance were as electronic dance as Boom Boom Pow or as I Got A Feeling in my opinion. And of course, these songs are not as hard as the EDM songs that are popular right now, but they were the start of EDM's true rise to mainstream.

i agree except for the point about her popularizing electronic music. especially if you're gonna use just dance and pokerface as your examples. the fame is hardly edm, its hardly dance music, she just came at the right place at the right time. even the black eyed peas where making more electronic oriented music than gaga at the time. 

Archived