Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

gagaconvert

10342781_10203857962195479_8123934825458

LOL  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Cool confetti though. I hope she uses all of them for each show! I want one of each for my scrapbook  :party:

Edited by gagaconvert

Nullvoid

Excuse you, I attended the BTWB.

All I am saying is that Gaga is capable of something far greater but she is not maximising that to full use. She doesn't have much time left.

Where is Gaga going? You act like she's dying

GovernmentHookah

Same. I think my fiancée is tired of me talking about Gaga all the time lol.

Lol!  I internalize my feelings for Gaga so I think I'd like to get it out with people with a similar infatuation with her.

SMILE2NE1

I really don't want to be negative but from my comprehension of show reviews and personal digestion of the videos, I sometimes question if her mass appeal during TFM (by which I became a fan) was simply a product of her team at the time...

I mean, look at how good these were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbvOAwRM5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7xdGEO1cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqL2lhgmIo

The artRAVE has serious staging issues. She used to know how to build up a show. I.e.TMB: silhouette --> dancing in the back --> teasing as she went down the steps --> building up to a dance song with the car piano and then everything lights up during Just Dance

It was great staging that gave the show a good sense of buildup and release throughout and flow. This tour...lacks that. I mean the intro is cool but I mean, walking down the catwalk during song 1...um no.

Willeo Soeurs

:usrs:  u guys need to stop complaining, some of you are lucky enough to catch her as she's touring your area, we here in Asia aren't that lucky (for now)

This is what a RAVE supposed to mean, simple, energetic and a place where you dance  :ohwell:

This is a syndrome in the gaga community, everyone is expecting her to do better than before and way more daring. But as a fan from TF, after watching some artRave videos, i can see that she's having more fun than before.

:omgexcited:

HORRORHOLIC

Enough with people saying "it's a rave" No it's not a rave, it's a Lady Gaga concert. Do you really think people paid hundreds of dollars to see a rave ?

MANiCURE

Enough with people saying "it's a rave" No it's not a rave, it's a Lady Gaga concert. Do you really think people paid hundreds of dollars to see a rave ?

IziDominique

I think ya'll should be GRATEFUL that Gaga has created an amazing show for you.. Look at us Asian monsters, esp. the Philippines (we're actually praying&hoping that she will still have the artRAVE soon here). seeing Gaga live is a great opportunity TBH!

codymonster

I really don't want to be negative but from my comprehension of show reviews and personal digestion of the videos, I sometimes question if her mass appeal during TFM (by which I became a fan) was simply a product of her team at the time...

I mean, look at how good these were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbvOAwRM5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7xdGEO1cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqL2lhgmIo

The artRAVE has serious staging issues. She used to know how to build up a show. I.e.TMB: silhouette --> dancing in the back --> teasing as she went down the steps --> building up to a dance song with the car piano and then everything lights up during Just Dance

It was great staging that gave the show a good sense of buildup and release throughout and flow. This tour...lacks that. I mean the intro is cool but I mean, walking down the catwalk during song 1...um no.

Watch clips from the first monster ball. You'll cry. There is still lots of time for her to come up with things. Once she gets more comfortable and has the routines drilled into her head, she'll come up with some poses/speeches that will make it more iconic. Give her time.

blahblahblahhhh

Excuse you, I attended the BTWB. 

All I am saying is that Gaga is capable of something far greater but she is not maximising that to full use. She doesn't have much time left.

So?

You're not gonna love her when she becomes less successful and commercial?

They paid to see Gaga,

Not the storyline. 

I would pay to see her in a bar as well.

Because, you know, it's Gaga I love. A human being. Not the props nor the storylines.

djparky

wow alot of negativity after one show...from what little I;ve seen of YT footage and pictures it looks fine to me...aside from Gaga, Kylie & Madge (for example) concerts don't have "stories" so lack of this time doesn't matter to me. I always got the impression the idea was to get people dancing at the show

the stage seems to have been designed to get as far into the arena as possible- there's no point in doing if you're not going to use it alot

it's also hard to keep doing something new when you've used up a decades worth of ideas in the first 3 years of your career,

there's also the financials- you can bet that after the fiasco of the last tour that Live Nation will want to make money off this tour and that affects budgets for staging, lighting etc  and whilst all that is part of the show isn't a concert supposed to be about the music not the pyrotechnics??

TMB caught a moment in time, it will never be quite like that again, so best to stop comparisons

jcOMFG

OMG I JUST REALISED THAT THERE'S NO FOG ON THIS TOUR :omg:

The decay. Selling my tickets tbh.

:derpga:

Now seriously, it is weird right? She always loved it! And I think it could be great on the main stage with that castle

There's definitely fog! At least on the piano stage by the ARTPOP Zone, I remember seeing fog pour down the sides of that stage