Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

I think the tour is just very messy. But I do understand it was the first show. But still. The setlist makes NO SENSE. Why wasn't the Fiber Optic Wig in appearance. Where were all the sets. Where was one of your most rave-like songs Judas? And why did you perform Telephone, but not Born This Way studio? There are just some things in the show that don't make sense. & don't even start with the Mary Jane Holland performance. My BTWB was canceled and wasn't rescheduled, and now I'm paying $115 to watch Gaga do some choreo with three tacky chair? No. I'm paying to see a show. But I do understand it'll evolve and get better as time goes on. Hopefully she'll reevaluate things by June 28. 💇💅

RileyMint

Why didn't she use Cypher? Or Bubble dress 2.0? Fiber-optic Wig? There was so much potential. I think most fans had a good idea of what they expected. Performance Art and Technology. "Spreading love with every new invention." (These things have been at the center of her talking points throughout this era.) Also, what was the point of her collaborations with Jeff Koons, Marina Abramovic, and Robert Wilson? Where is the Art, Performance Art, and Theater? I thought all of that was supposed to come together with the tour?

Edited by RileyMint

Shaney

This tour does nothing but slay.

Werk Gaga, werk it real good queen.

tumblr_n533eeJIAY1rlt6ieo4_250.gif

Why didn't she use Cypher? Or Bubble dress 2.0? There was so much potential. I think most fans had a good idea of what they expected. Performance Art and Technology. "Spreading love with every new invention." (These things have been at the center of her talking points throughout this era.) Also, what was the point of her collaborations with Jeff Koons, Marina Abramovic, and Robert Wilson? Where is the Art, Performance Art, and Theater? I thought all of that was supposed to come together with the tour?

This tour lasts through next year boo.

Expect lots of change.

daviddarko

Why wasn't the Fiber Optic Wig in appearance. ...

:lmao:  c'mon guys. is this for real?   

Wait to see the concert with your our eyes!

Edited by daviddarko

Sachasuperstar

Why didn't she use Cypher? Or Bubble dress 2.0? Fiber-optic Wig? There was so much potential. I think most fans had a good idea of what they expected. Performance Art and Technology. "Spreading love with every new invention." (These things have been at the center of her talking points throughout this era.) Also, what was the point of her collaborations with Jeff Koons, Marina Abramovic, and Robert Wilson? Where is the Art, Performance Art, and Theater? I thought all of that was supposed to come together with the tour?

You got a good point....

Psychedelic

I think a lot of people are missing the point of a lot of the criticism she has received during the ARTPOP era. It's not about the lightness of the subject matter compared to the darkness of her previous work, it's about how well it's executed. She did the "simple and fun" thing tremendously well during The Fame, but she did it in an innovative and interesting way. It is about the quality of her work, not the subject matter.

If you are going to be a highly regarded performance artist and pop provocateur you can't have people pay good money to see you just bop around on a cat walk like you are Rihanna or Katy. If you are going to call your show an artRAVE then you can't just hot glue a Koon's ball to your tits and call it art. There needs to be something else there, there needs to be something behind the glitter.

The tour, much like the album it's promoting, is a little disappointing. 

But, I'm sure great things lay ahead for Gaga. 

Well, I have to admit I agree with your point of view. But I blame it on the hype (I call it bragging  :creepflop: ) she gave us with all those 'art statements'. When she just could've said something like 'it's called ARTPOP because I make POP music and to me that's ART'. 

She probably should've kept it simple since the begining and people would've understood it better. Execution of the ARTPOP message was messy in every possible way and that affected the promotion too and that's no lie!

HORRORHOLIC

That's the reason people were expecting something so different. Everything seemed so perfect building up to the tour, the itunes festival and ARTRAVE performances were amazing, the collaborations and technology gave us something to look forward to. Everything seemed to be a tease/preview of what the actual tour would be. But there doesn't seem to be any of that. Maybe she will start adding some of those things as the tour goes on ?

MessyTop

I think a lot of people are missing the point of a lot of the criticism she has received during the ARTPOP era. It's not about the lightness of the subject matter compared to the darkness of her previous work, it's about how well it's executed. She did the "simple and fun" thing tremendously well during The Fame, but she did it in an innovative and interesting way. It is about the quality of her work, not the subject matter.

If you are going to be a highly regarded performance artist and pop provocateur you can't have people pay good money to see you just bop around on a cat walk like you are Rihanna or Katy. If you are going to call your show an artRAVE then you can't just hot glue a Koon's ball to your tits and call it art. There needs to be something else there, there needs to be something behind the glitter.

The tour, much like the album it's promoting, is a little disappointing. 

But, I'm sure great things lay ahead for Gaga. 

AMEN!! i agree! 100%

daviddarko

Well, I have to admit I agree with your point of view. But I blame it on the hype (I call it bragging  :creepflop: ) she gave us with all those 'art statements'. When she just could've said something like 'it's called ARTPOP because I make POP music and to me that's ART'. 

"...my ARTPOP could mean anything..."  :usrs:

AMEN!! i agree! 100%

BTW ERA IS OVER! FACE IT! 

She will not change because of you and your tantrums in every thread

Edited by daviddarko

DrewStevens

- What part of "This tour is unlike anything we've ever done! Get ready to PARTY" do you don't understand?
- When did she say recently that the tour is an "art expedition"?
- Why a party would have a storyline?
She promised a rave party, that's what we got.

Again fans created false expectations from nowhere and obviously they are disapointed. It's not Gaga's fault, it's your fault.

GagaStefi

Is it True That Petga Was Apart of artRAVE? Supposably She Was Telling People To go Get Drinks.

:lmao: c'mon guys. is this for real?

Wait to see the concert with your our eyes!

yah! I've seen enough!