💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

EarnYourLeather

Haha thank you :)! Too bad she didn't call anyone from GA to go backstage :'( What were you wearing?

Plain clothing haha

aebloomfield

Did the voice-over say "this is lady gaga performing her biggest hit: bad Romance" as she was about to perform it?

Did the voice-over say "this is lady gaga performing her biggest hit: bad Romance" as she was about to perform it?

Yes and it was adorable!

Stefani328

Such an amazing experience. I had the LMZ and located myself up front to the right next to the catwalk. Here are some pics..

14118716824_9a4bb869da.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/intoxicated6

Your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing  :)  I'm happy you had such a great time.

Nullvoid

All I'm reading is Bitch Bitch Bitch... No one is forcing anyone to buy her albums or her tour tickets.. You think this tour is underwhelming then don't go it's that simple..

MonsterMum

- What part of "This tour is unlike anything we've ever done! Get ready to PARTY" do you don't understand?

- When did she say recently that the tour is an "art expedition"?

- Why a party would have a storyline?

She promised a rave party, that's what we got.

Again fans created false expectations from nowhere and obviously they are disapointed. It's not Gaga's fault, it's your fault.

Too true. People really need to stop comparing and just go in with an open mind.

She promised you a party/rave and that's what she's doing.

If you wanted a story line, visit Broadway, she doesn't need to do the same thing every tour. I think she was right when she said she was being hold to an insane standard, not fair.

DrewStevens

Too true. People really need to stop comparing and just go in with an open mind.

She promised you a party/rave and that's what she's doing.

If you wanted a story line, visit Broadway, she doesn't need to do the same thing every tour. I think she was right when she said she was being hold to an insane standard, not fair.

And people who argues that storylines and theatrical acts are her thing need to go back in time to remember that Gaga is not famous for being predictable, she is famous because she changes all the time and she breaks the rules.

MonsterMum

And people who argues that storylines and theatrical acts are her thing need to go back in time to remember that Gaga is not famous for being predictable, she is famous because she changes all the time and she breaks the rules.

Unless she changes a thing they like then the fun is over :teehee:

Harry Potter

even if gaga changed something, they will still find something to complain. :manicure:

This. People just LOVE to complain

ladygaga1984

I must confess that I have been quite critical of ARTPOP in general, mainly because of the video mess. I must say though that the tour looks absolutely great. It´s simple and it focusses completely on Gaga. She didn't stop through most of the concert (how does she do it?) and it looks like she had a lot of fun. People also seem to have enjoyed it a lot. Can´t wait to see her in October! :) Yes, Marry the Night and Judas are missing from the setlist, but maybe she will add them later. It´s also great that she really used the whole stage. Anyway, congratulations to Gaga for putting such an amazing show! :worship:  I´m glad I have booked nice seats and can take my whole family to see her live! I´m confident it will be a lot of fun. 

Edited by ladygaga1984

Dangerous Man

With the videos and pictures that I've seen so far, wow, I really can't help to say; the main stage design is so disappointing, and no plot?!  :wtf:

One of the aspects that made TMBT so dynamic was that she changed the set very frequently. It looked like a really expensive tour, but yet a professional one. This was one of the reasons why TBTWB received so much hate when the stage was revealed. It was so immobile. Compared with TMBT, she couldn't really extend her creativity with the plot and stage with a stationary block of styrofoam. She had to build her ideas around that castle, and hence, that kinda limited her creativity. 

And now, with this tour, she has decided to carry on with the negatives from her previous shows.

I thought she was a performance artist. Even musicals/plays have more interesting set designs than this. 

The colour scheme for this tour could have been complimented by really cool set designs. Take Mysteryland as an example. 

mysteryland-festival-2013-netherlands1.j

mysteryland.png

Even a stationary stage can look good, if you know how to put proper props to use.

Bregenz-Festival-stages-02.jpg

Heck, even Kitty Brucknell's stage for her performance for X-Factor was much more interesting than Gaga's. Yes, X-Factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDnIghe135A

I thought this was called the ARTPOP Ball. But where is the art? Ok, let's not even go there. Let's first try to find the "pop" in ARTPOP. This is neither art NOR pop. Even FBT, TMBT and BTWBT are more "ARTPOP" than ARTPOP. From what I have seen so far, this tour is based on music and cool lights. If I really wanted to experience those 2 things, I could just go to a club. But based on the current concept of the tour, what makes a club different from a Lady Gaga concert, will be the sole deciding factor of fans' decisions to buy a ticket for the show.

Lady Gaga better buck up in the right direction. She already went in the wrong direction by releasing stagnant music that took her such a long time to produce. I will always respect her for her talents, and I will always respect her for the things that she sticks up for, but if the next project that she puts out doesn't meet my expectations, I will have to turn my stan card in. An artist's talents and his/her philanthropies are not enough for me to stan for. I want to stan for a musician because of his/her music. And that applies to Lady Gaga as well.

lol. you can jump off the ship rn. good bye, Gaga doesn't need your complaints.

Most of the people who complained didn't attend the first tour so we shouldn't care about them. :smh:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Dangerous Man

Yes, about her costumes... Tours are mainly about promoting your music and singing, if they don't even review or mention that :rip: She's a singer

Lol. People already know Gaga can sing. And you are expecting reviews about her vocals?

I can't at these haters, hope you enjoy the Prismatic tour. lol.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."