artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

dontshavepubicH

ppl complaining about the plot and costumes!! :dies:

Edited by dontshavepubicH

She was also going off of a high after btw and all the superstardom last tour. I just hope all the negativity since the release of ARTPOP hasn't affected her touring. I haven't seen a lot of videos or gone to to the show yet so I can't make judgements.

HORRORHOLIC

I'm trying not to spoil myself before my show (May 20th) but many of the designs and concepts seem very Katy Perry.  No shade, just seems like such a 180 change from Gaga.

I hate to say it, but it's almost like a watered down teenage dream tour  :rofl:

Burger

To be honest, I think a lot of fans have literally no idea of what they want out of this tour. A lot of the griping and moaning and crying comes from that. People are like "well what did you expect? It's a 'rave'." Some fans here just don't know at all what they want. They know for sure that they want to pout about something, they're just trying to figure out what to be upset about first. On a positive note, I think it speaks to Gaga's presence in a flattering way. The fact that people are always expecting her to outdo Jesus is truly something. It's not so much that she's disappointing you guys, it's has more to do with peoples' God-like perception of her and her projects. 

That's very true. And if it was anyone else it would be a different story.  But like I said before, it's not just anyone else and Gaga, and she's set the bar really high for herself on previous tours. 

If people can appreciate other artistes whose shows don't have plots, I don't see anyone criticizing Beyonce for mostly just putting on a great show by singing and changing outfits, I'm sure you all can deal with Gaga doing something different.

kaojen

My experience started out with going to Fort Lauderdale the night before and renting a room. I suggest this if you're going to line up the next morning.

My partner and I ended up being at the BB&T arena at 10 AM sharp. There were about fifty monsters in the GA line and about twenty or so in the early admission line. It was rather breezy and quite comfortable. Everyone there was super nice, and my partner of five years (who isn't a monster) was impressed by the sense of community the monsters showed. There were people expressing themselves through clothing, people handing out free supplies to monsters like water and sun tan lotion, and people just enjoying being in a nonjudgmental environment. The BB&T employees were having fun with us, too!

At about two or three, there were easily a 200 monsters behind us and about 75 monsters in the early admission line. When four came around, the BB&T arena staff told us we had to put our chairs and umbrellas in the car. By the time the gate opened for the early admission people at five, that fun nonjudgemental environment turned into complete hell.

There were no barriers or queues developed by the arena staff. It was pure chaos. People who showed up at 5 PM easily scooted into the non-existant because there was no organization at the front gate! When they decided to let the GA people in, it literally was every man for himself. People were shoving like mad men and at one point, the crowd was pushing so hard that the whole crowd itself was about to tip over! Push and shove! Push and shove! It was absolutely terrifying. It was really poor management on the arena's part, and I truly hope your arena handles the situation better. This was by no means reflective of Gaga's concert itself.

Once we got to the arena, all of the monsters who pushed their way through to the front of the "line" outside, rushed to the front stage. When we got there, half of the pit area was full. We ended up in the main pit right in front of the center cat walk. It was perfect! Gaga used the catwalks more than the front stage. I would suggest being near that center cat walk for optimal view. Either side of it would be fine.

There were the typical people pushing to reach "their friends"in the pit. It was quite irritating to see people who just got there just barge their way through, but I guess every concert has inconsiderate people...

I thought the cat walks were gorgeous. It was very modern and quite nice to look at. However, the "castle" itself was cheap looking.

Starlight came on at about 8PM and played until almost 9PM. It was painfully long. I assume that most of the other dates with actual openers will not have to deal with the cringe-fest that is Starlight for more than thirty minutes. I definitely preferred her MB opening, but that's not saying much.

When Gaga came on, it was all better. She was absolutely gorgeous in her Angel-esque Koons outfit. Her stage presence and vocal were, of course, on point. She really utilizes the whole set up, but I think she ended up favoring the cat walks more. My personal favorites were: ARTPOP, Fashioin! (surprisingly), and Born This Way. The acoustic Born This Way did not kill the vibe at all. The vocals gave me chills. It was outstanding! I was not impressed by the Swine performance. I was looking for CrazyGa (i.e. throw up, squealing, etc.), but I just got NormalGa.

The setlist was kind of bazaar. Aura and Venus were in odd spots, and it didn't flow. She ended with Swine (a song no one knows other than monsters). She should have ended with Applause. Also, there was no concept or plot. She did mention that she was trying to find "light" at some points, and I thought it would tie in somehow, but it didn't. Furthermore, I left the concert feeling like I didn't get a true "Gaga" moment. There was no interaction with the crowd, no "living dress"moment, no "hybrid motorcycle" moment, no "fire cone-bra" moment, no "blood" moment. It was rather just a normal pop star show, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I expect more from Gaga. Perhaps, she's her own demon in that sense.

On another side of things, the outfits were interesting! I loved every single one! The wigs were on point too! I was happy she did one on-stage change. Only Gaga would let her boobs hang loose in front of thousands upon thousands of people...

Overall, the concert will be great for any Gaga fan, and you will have a blast. You can tell Gaga really had a blast, too! She clearly missed being on stage. But I left the arena longing for a bit more. Hopefully she fine tunes the concert, like she does with all of her world tours.

All of this. Your posts are always so fair!  :worship:

Hey friend!!!

Did you leave before the encore of Gypsy? She concluded the storyline of the show there, saying basically that the light she was searching for was in her fans all along. (It's hard to hear over the screams).

Psychedelic

I have watched youtube videos of almost the entire show already. And in my personal opinion this is one of her best shows ever, equally good as The Monster Ball or probably even better, and of course 1k x better than the BTWB, which is frankly too overrated, imo it's her worst show, and one of the most boring shows I've ever been to (even tho BTW is my favorite album, but the show didn't do justice).

On the other hand this show is colorful, fun, dynamic, the staging is beyond amazing... and thank God screen visuals!!!

The projections on the greek castle are so cool, the outfits are crazy yet not so uncofortable for her to move and dance freely. The setlist is perfect (although adding Dope would be great), she chopped some songs but you barely realize about it, because she did right this time, great mixes, great interludes, impressive lighting and awesome show in general!

I am very PLEASED!!!  :omgexcited:

HORRORHOLIC

If people can appreciate other artistes whose shows don't have plots, I don't see anyone criticizing Beyonce for mostly just putting on a great show by singing and changing outfits, I'm sure you all can deal with Gaga doing something different.

But that's what separated Gaga from other artists. She never just put on a regular show, she's always brought things to the next level and that's what made her who she is. So people are gonna expect her to do that.

That said, I would love to seer her do a full acoustic album/tour one day. I think she's either at her best when she goes all out with the theatrics or when she performs 100% stripped down. 

Edited by HORRORHOLIC

HORRORHOLIC

I think it speaks to Gaga's presence in a flattering way. The fact that people are always expecting her to outdo Jesus is truly something. It's not so much that she's disappointing you guys, it's has more to do with peoples' God-like perception of her and her projects. 

Exactly!!!

Pure Adrenaline

I have watched youtube videos of almost the entire show already. And in my personal opinion this is one of her best shows ever, equally good as The Monster Ball or probably even better, and of course 1k x better than the BTWB, which is frankly too overrated, imo it's her worst show, and one of the most boring shows I've ever been to (even tho BTW is my favorite album, but the show didn't do justice).

On the other hand this show is colorful, fun, dynamic, the staging is beyond amazing... and thank God screen visuals!!!

The projections on the greek castle are so cool, the outfits are crazy yet not so uncofortable for her to move and dance freely. The setlist is perfect (although adding Dope would be great), she chopped some songs but you barely realize about it, because she did right this time, great mixes, great interludes, impressive lighting and awesome show in general!

I am very PLEASED!!!  :omgexcited:

finally opinion that I can't laugh at  :applause: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

lol I could write a book from my experience yesterday. GA line is a **** show so get ready for that. Our wrist bands say "Entering Arena At Your Own Risk" which pretty much sums up everything. The BB&T center lacks organization and I don't think their staff really gave one ****. I probably could have easily gotten in without a ticket. But seeing that concert made up for the horror of waiting. It was beyond amazing. Partynauseous had me dead on the floor, hearing that for the first time is something I'll never forget. Oh and the girl that puked all over the GA floor before the show even started  :toofunny:

HORRORHOLIC

Oh and the girl that puked all over the GA floor before the show even started  :toofunny:

Gaga should have brought her on stage  :millie:

Pitch

Its pretty obvious her budget was VERY limited for this tour. She really tried to make it look like its not low-budget, but she just couldn't. I love her so much, and I will attend this show and scream as hard as I can, but this tour is nowhere near at the level of TMB or BTWB. Its not because she's lazy or uninspired like some of you said, its just that her album flopped, and she didn't have enough money to do the crazy stuff we are used to. I really hope she can improve from the first show. Even if she doesn't have money, at least please fix the setlist, that would be a good start towards a better concert. It's still miles better than anything from Katy Perry and Rihanna tho...

This is what I'm thinking as well

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Stefani328

lol I could write a book from my experience yesterday. GA line is a **** show so get ready for that. Our wrist bands say "Entering Arena At Your Own Risk" which pretty much sums up everything. The BB&T center lacks organization and I don't think their staff really gave one ****. I probably could have easily gotten in without a ticket. But seeing that concert made up for the horror of waiting. It was beyond amazing. Partynauseous had me dead on the floor, hearing that for the first time is something I'll never forget. Oh and the girl that puked all over the GA floor before the show even started  :toofunny:

Gaga' s impact  :toofunny: