💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

RileyMint

Okay, so I do completely agree that we need to see high quality video of the show before we make a decision. Also, the tour is going to improve after each show. Going by the images, I do have to say that everything looks kind of tacky. I never considered her tour outfits to look like "costumes" before, but most of these really look like a "costume". I also completely agree that the stage is looking rather underwhelming. The biggest thing that is bothering me is how much she spoke of trying to become a performance artist during this era and I have yet to see any performance art... 

GypsyPrince

Pissed about the tour being boring and dull in comparison to her latest tour efforts + it not having a piano segment.

BTW acoustic says hi.

Beginning of Gypsy says hi.

One or two songs on the piano during a RAVE is good enough.

Phoenix

Why do fans have to defend everything she does? Do you know what a REAL rave is? I can assure you, it's not a Lady Gaga concert. Gypsy would never be played at a RAVE. LMAO. When people pay to see Gaga, they expect to see a break in all the hoopla. A pause on the "faux rave" she is emulating. They want to see her striped down moments where she KILLS the piano, talks to them softly and creates a bond between them. Then after the "intermission" she can go back to all the flashing lights. The show needs a piano/ballad section. Period. Not everything Gaga does it gold. Not everything is perfect. Constructive criticism is okay. Thankfully this is just the first show so she has plenty of time to change some things. Hopefully she is reading this thread.

P.S. it's still the ARTPOP BALL. 

She played Gypsy 'cause she always plays all the songs from the album which she's promoting on the current concert. I do say if I don't like something. I'm just sick of people saying it should have more piano versions. I admit that stage could have been better, I like everything but the white fluid thing didn't amaze me + I don't like the fact that there's no a story/plot. But it's okay. :) 

💎

Married the Night

She played Gypsy 'cause she always plays all the songs from the album which she's promoting on the current concert. I do say if I don't like something. I'm just sick of people saying it should have more piano versions. I admit that stage could have been better, I like everything but the white fluid thing didn't amaze me + I don't like the fact that there's no a story/plot. But it's okay. :)

Dope is on the album and that is what I am saying she should have played...

Edited by Married the Night

Phoenix

Dope is on the album and that is what I am saying she should have played...

That's what I was talking about. She played 14/15 songs? If I'm right, not sure tbh? Dope does not fit AT ALL in the rave theme. 

💎

MessyTop

Okay, so I do completely agree that we need to see high quality video of the show before we make a decision. Also, the tour is going to improve after each show. Going by the images, I do have to say that everything looks kind of tacky. I never considered her tour outfits to look like "costumes" before, but most of these really look like a "costume". I also completely agree that the stage is looking rather underwhelming. The biggest thing that is bothering me is how much she spoke of trying to become a performance artist during this era and I have yet to see any performance art...

Thank you. You are 100% right

JEANBO

If you think ARTPOP ball is a rave party, you're wrong. It's just a pop concert trying to be rave. Damn good pop concert may I add, but not rave. :)

Married the Night

That's what I was talking about. She played 14/15 songs? If I'm right, not sure tbh? Dope does not fit AT ALL in the rave theme. 

But neither does gypsy lol

If you think ARTPOP ball is a rave party, you're wrong. It's just a pop concert trying to be rave. Damn good pop concert may I add, but not rave. :)

Exactly. This.

seana39223

I can see her adding a new piano song halfway through the tour like what she did with You & I and Princess Die.

The fact all the reviews up to this point are only mentioning bizarre costumes and Gaga showing her titties just shows how in trouble her career really is :rip: Hardly any to no mention/review of vocals, music, stage, choreo :rip: Practically all reviews calling her out for copying one or more of the following people: Madonna/Katy/Britney/Cher :rip:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/05/lady-gaga-bears-breasts-on-new-tour-opener

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/pictures-lady-gaga-wows-crowds-3498432

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2620405/Lady-Gaga-kicks-ARTPOP-tour-outrageous-costumes-outlandish-wigs.html#ixzz30qnTepRO

http://www.mtv.com/news/1819963/lady-gaga-artrave-ARTPOP-ball-tour-recap/

MonsterOfSpain

I expected to come here and see people saying how much they like the show, not everyone complaining as always. You guys are never happy are you?

Married the Night

And neither does Fashion. LMAO

MonsterOfSpain

She didn't play JnD

MonsterMum

Agree totally with this as an older fan. Old school raves in the UK were never pretty, but were very messy & memorable! I would advise plenty of vodka (or whatever is your poison :party: ) and let your hair down. I can't wait until October in London :kisses: .

Thank you, glad someone got what I was on about.

In a way Gaga is recreating rave in a Gaga way. Ravers were some form of community like Monsters are. You were at the same place enjoying yourself. While being a unity you still have that awesome sense of freedom which I think is what she's trying to achieve with them see through catwalks and free walking space. I love it tbh. Can't wait either!

But I suppose if you want your fave to look clean and like a Queen this is not a place you'd be wanting to go lol.

Married the Night

I expected to come here and see people saying how much they like the show, not everyone complaining as always. You guys are never happy are you?

I think the show is great. It's the setlist that is jacked up.