💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

jcOMFG

Plus where's the ART? ArtRave, right???

A lot of the costumes are very reminiscent of surrealism or even elements of Warhol and Leigh Bowery artistic concepts

Where's the art....do you people have eyes? Did you see her costumes? The stage? The Lighting? The videos on the giant screen? Did you attend this show? It's ALL ART.

My goodness; take it as face value for now until you see it with your own eyes. How can you seriously judge (full of vitriol tbh) a tour that just got started, and one that you haven't even seen yourself? 

retroglamx

I don't know, I love Gaga's concerts but the stage seems to high and empty for me, idk.

I guess I got used to the huge castle. However, I feel like this stage is less distracting and keeps all eyes on Gaga, which is good.

I didn't like the Kawaii outfit, it seemed very uncomfortable. The Seashell girl wig is the big Swinefest one, which is a little bit to big, the VMAs one is a little bit more aerodynamic I would say.

The leather outfit makes her body look awkward and disproportionate. It should be a skirt instead of pants.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

crybrowz

I don't understand why everyone is so upset with the artRAVE :wtf: From what I saw it looks really fun and rave-like. I'm very satisfied with everything from what I saw and I can't wait to see my shows :party:

I can care less on how large or small that castle is.

The lights and lasers are award-winning.

The stage is fun, colorful, and poppy.

This is Gaga stripped off of her other grander theatrics like the BTWB castle.

She's keeping it easy, remember she broke her hip.

For an opening night, she did amazingly good.

She owned that stage.

An hour and 45 is quite enough.

Her costumes are beautiful, though some need replacements.

She could do a little tweaking with her setlist.

She lived up to the "rave" part.

An onstage bar, transparent runways, a new wig per act, runways that extend to the audience, and amazing lights and vocals? ONLY GAGA.

Over-all: 9/10 based on videos and photos. I'll give her another score when I see it live. Can't wait!

cdm87

With the videos and pictures that I've seen so far, wow, I really can't help to say; the main stage design is so disappointing, and no plot?!  :wtf:

One of the aspects that made TMBT so dynamic was that she changed the set very frequently. It looked like a really expensive tour, but yet a professional one. This was one of the reasons why TBTWB received so much hate when the stage was revealed. It was so immobile. Compared with TMBT, she couldn't really extend her creativity with the plot and stage with a stationary block of styrofoam. She had to build her ideas around that castle, and hence, that kinda limited her creativity. 

And now, with this tour, she has decided to carry on with the negatives from her previous shows.

I thought she was a performance artist. Even musicals/plays have more interesting set designs than this. 

The colour scheme for this tour could have been complimented by really cool set designs. Take Mysteryland as an example. 

mysteryland-festival-2013-netherlands1.j

mysteryland.png

Even a stationary stage can look good, if you know how to put proper props to use.

Bregenz-Festival-stages-02.jpg

Heck, even Kitty Brucknell's stage for her performance for X-Factor was much more interesting than Gaga's. Yes, X-Factor! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDnIghe135A

I thought this was called the ARTPOP Ball. But where is the art? Ok, let's not even go there. Let's first try to find the "pop" in ARTPOP. This is neither art NOR pop. Even FBT, TMBT and BTWBT are more "ARTPOP" than ARTPOP. From what I have seen so far, this tour is based on music and cool lights. If I really wanted to experience those 2 things, I could just go to a club. But based on the current concept of the tour, what makes a club different from a Lady Gaga concert, will be the sole deciding factor of fans' decisions to buy a ticket for the show.

Lady Gaga better buck up in the right direction. She already went in the wrong direction by releasing stagnant music that took her such a long time to produce. I will always respect her for her talents, and I will always respect her for the things that she sticks up for, but if the next project that she puts out doesn't meet my expectations, I will have to turn my stan card in. An artist's talents and his/her philanthropies are not enough for me to stan for. I want to stan for a musician because of his/her music. And that applies to Lady Gaga as well.

Nice Mysteryland photos... I think TOMORROWLAND takes the prize for best stage design, i went 2012, and that thing was ENORMOUS! wish they would design for gaga! haha

PARTYNAUSEOUS :cry:

WHY DON'T WE HAVE MORE JAKARTA SONGS

**** IT'S LIKE A TRAP J-POP SONG???

I know right??? It's amazing!!!

No offense but...even though I haven't heard the whole thing

PARTYNAUSEOUS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jewels n' Drugs

No contest lol

GagaMyBlood95

I can care less on how large or small that castle is.

The lights and lasers are award-winning.

The stage is fun, colorful, and poppy.

This is Gaga stripped off of her other grander theatrics like the BTWB castle.

She's keeping it easy, remember she broke her hip.

For an opening night, she did amazingly good.

She owned that stage.

An hour and 45 is quite enough.

Her costumes are beautiful, though some need replacements.

She could do a little tweaking with her setlist.

She lived up to the "rave" part.

An onstage bar, transparent runways, a new wig per act, runways that extend to the audience, and amazing lights and vocals? ONLY GAGA.

Over-all: 9/10 based on videos and photos. I'll give her another score when I see it live. Can't wait!

:applause:

dontshavepubicH

Can't believe how many people are complaining! And most of you are judging based on LQ videos instead of the actual experience!

I can tell you personally that having been there, the one thought that stuck in my head the most was "she's back!!!"

This tour is fantastic, the energy that we've come to expect from Gaga is most certainly still there, the vocals and visuals are on point, the plot is pure campy Gaga goodness, and the rave element is incredibly fun and refreshing.

I highly recommend waiting until you see it live before you start slinging around such harsh judgement and negativity.

Or you know, just give me your tickets if you're so insistent that "it's a flop" and you don't wanna go anymore.

Cuz I sure would adore to see this very show over and over and over again! ;D

Zoey Brooks

Gaga is a being that has landed on planet Venus and invited us along in the quest for a "missing light" that she is searching for through music and fashion

this changes everything tbh  :excited2:

Married the Night

There are some issues I have with this show. Mostly the setlist. She should have cut out Fashion for sure. Edge of Glory, Dope and Marry the night should have been performed. Acoustic shorter versions so she could interact with the crowd. Does she not realize that most of America never got to hear her sing Edge of Glory? Her best song?

Also, the tour looks amazing but I loved some of the moments of the BTWB. Like the meat dress, Born this Way birth scene, the unicorn and the gaga cycle. So far this ranks as her 3rd best tour, IMO.

Scrat

Yes people ! Keep hating on this show as usual and send your tickets so I can buy one for my date !  :omgexcited:

Seriously even if there's some cons for me (as always), this show seems so awesome, it is really a rave, a huge party, it's crazy, I really hope I could go.  :ohno: