💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

Jonathan2244

Anyone Happy She Sang all of Paparazzi was epic. Gaga dont you dare cut it ^ for my show ;p

MrFameKills

Man, i love it. Not as much as the BTWBall, but then again i haven't seen it live yet. I remember how lame the BTWBall seemed from the first videos we got, but it was ****ing amazing live.

I'm sure it's the same with the artRave, it's made to be experienced live! Can't wait for September :excited2:

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

Luc

Can't wait tbh. It's way more pop and dancy than the BTWB, which I don't really like, and I really think that BTW should be moved to the encore, because it kills the vibe. Such a boring performance. Otherwise, I think that the tour itself is really nice, a little more theatrics needed, and the fans need to ****ing dance their asses off. When Gaga asks you to jump, you ****ing do it :grr:

Anyways, the lights, vocals, dancing were really nice and she made great use of the stage. I think I know where I'm going to be standing!

Frankenztein

Potential, but as it is now it's boring. I love her shows a lot, because of all the moments where she makes me think "only Gaga would do that". This show is lacking in those kinds of moments. I could see this exact show being done from lots of of other pop artists. Nothing about it is special Gaga style (TFB- Disco Stick, weird dancing; TMB- syringe stairs, blood fountain; BTWB- her speeches, Black Jesus dancer, hybrid motor woman). 

What does artRAVE have? A cool stage, and flashy lights? I could get those two things from any other run of the mill pop star. Where was the theater, the performance art, the spectacle? I have hope it'll develop into something less snooze worthy in the future, but this is the first time I can say I was *bored* by a Gaga show.  

SS77

- Thank God for the videos and songs used as interludes. The interludes in the BTWB were boring as hell, it was just the band playing random notes for 2 minutes.

Boring? Random notes? Those interludes may not have had much in terms of visuals, but in terms of the auditory element, those interludes were incredible. Gives me chills and goosebumps every time since they were so dark and many of them (especially the one before HML) were based off of the "Electric Chapel" instrumental.

The powerful space chord intros and outros were also amazing.

Edited by SS77

I think the backtrack is WAY too loud, sounds like she's lypsyncing the chorus............

The show looks good tho.

DrewStevens

Boring? Random notes? Those interludes may not have had much in terms of visuals, but in terms of the auditory element, those interludes were incredible. Gives me chills and goosebumps every time since they were so dark and many of them (especially the one before HML) were based off of the "Electric Chapel" instrumental.

The powerful space chord intros and outros were also amazing.

I think the one before HML was good but the BTW one was boring and the ones between the last songs were boring too. The new interludes maintain the energy while the BTWB ones gave you time to sit and check twitter.

Edited by DrewStevens

cdm87

Ok, so before I write what I think, i'm going to say that YES! im a huge GAGA fan, been one since the very beginning, so forgive me for being honest.

Overall I feel that the show was a major let down, obviously opening night is going to be vastly different from the shows that will be presented in the months to come. The fact that Born This Way gets one song showcased is ridiculous, its as if she is trying to forget about the whole era. I just feel like there is no class or polish to this show, the stage (only the catwalks) are pretty amazing, the main stage is rather dissapointing! Whatever happened to amazing screens that move? I feel like the Monster Ball was far more technologically advanced. I think I read a few pages back something about an "EXPENSIVE SHOW"

well... This is what I call an expensive show...

5623251089_df7949e420.jpg

KYLIE's APHRODITE: LES FOLIES WORLD TOUR....

The difference between these two shows is that money has been utilized appropriately, you can see the amazing craftmenship that has gone into the show. I feel like they just did whatever they could to make everything look amazing in ARTRAVE, but honestly from photos it just comes off as rushed and cheap.....

i'll reserve better judgement for August.... needless to say, i'm no longer excited, and its upsetting that I feel this way.

Having said that...

tear me to shreds... go on!

8Bit Heart

I went to the BTWB and to be honest this looks like it ****s all over the BTWB. I can't wait for her to come to SIngapore. If she does, I'll probably get a seat so I can enjoy the lighting. The lighting during Swine is PERFECT. And that rave girl outfit? ***FLAWLESS.

SS77

I think the one before HML was good but the BTW one was boring and the ones between the last songs were boring too. The new interludes maintain the energy while the BTWB ones gave you time to sit and check twitter.

Not every single piece of music that is blasted at a Gaga concerts needs to evoke dancing. I appreciated the interludes because they expressed different styles of music. 

The intros and outros, very spacey.

The interlude before BTW, orchestral and even dramatic when she was giving birth.

The intro to Black Jesus was very 80s and extended outro was similar in tone.

The interlude before Bloody Mary was rather terrifying.

Let's not even start about the epicness and creepiness of every single interlude that included Mother GOAT. 

I mean, everyone has their own taste. So I can't argue with you and say that your opinion is wrong :sweat:  But yeah. Oh well  :hug:

Andrew

Ok, so before I write what I think, i'm going to say that YES! im a huge GAGA fan, been one since the very beginning, so forgive me for being honest.

Overall I feel that the show was a major let down, obviously opening night is going to be vastly different from the shows that will be presented in the months to come. The fact that Born This Way gets one song showcased is ridiculous, its as if she is trying to forget about the whole era. I just feel like there is no class or polish to this show, the stage (only the catwalks) are pretty amazing, the main stage is rather dissapointing! Whatever happened to amazing screens that move? I feel like the Monster Ball was far more technologically advanced. I think I read a few pages back something about an "EXPENSIVE SHOW"

well... This is what I call an expensive show...

5623251089_df7949e420.jpg

KYLIE's APHRODITE: LES FOLIES WORLD TOUR....

The difference between these two shows is that money has been utilized appropriately, you can see the amazing craftmenship that has gone into the show. I feel like they just did whatever they could to make everything look amazing in ARTRAVE, but honestly from photos it just comes off as rushed and cheap.....

i'll reserve better judgement for August.... needless to say, i'm no longer excited, and its upsetting that I feel this way.

Having said that...

tear me to shreds... go on!

Agree about Aphrodite .... The production level of that show was amazing. 

IMO ... Very hard to top the BTWBall. That show was absolutely epic!

Edited by Andrew

I know its the first show and a lot of things will be switched around. All I'm saying is Judas, an actual rave-like song, better be added to that mess of a setlist