Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Dope" Listed as One of the Saddest Songs (According to PopCrush)

Prometheus

Featured Posts

Prometheus

Lady Gaga, 'Dope'

Lady Gaga's powerful piano ballad references giving up one addiction (d--gs and/or alcohol) for another (love). We all want so desperately to connect, and it's painful to extricate ourselves from an addiction situation, so much so that it might kill us. Yes, we can love someone so much they infect our blood. Letting go is like suffering through withdrawal. But the true sadness in this song comes not in how we literally or figuratively interpret her words, but from the struggle in Ma Monster's voice as her piano gently weeps.

Saddest Lyrics: "My heart would break without you / Might not awake without you / Been hurting low from living high for so long."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSd_wTuA3U

Read More: 20 Saddest Songs | http://popcrush.com/sad-songs/?trackback=tsmclip

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

This...imho...why was such a downer depressing song on a "club album that could be played from start to finish"??? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Prometheus

This...imho...why was such a downer depressing song on a "club album that could be played from start to finish"??? :awkney:

I need Gaga ballads tbh. They give me life. She just needs an album of ballads.

TimisaMonster

Ballads don't have to be sad tho...Gypsy I feel was the balance of a ballad, but uptempo as well...Dope is just :wtf:

Staryu

Same! :giveup:

Prometheus

Ballads don't have to be sad tho...Gypsy I feel was the balance of a ballad, but uptempo as well...Dope is just :wtf:

I need the sad stuff.

BLACKOUTbritney

MTE :giveup:

Dope is one of my ARTPOP favs :legend:

TimisaMonster

I need the sad stuff.

Who wants to be sad when they're listening to a club album? :megaflop:

FATCAT

To be completely honest, ARTPOP doesn't feel like the Gaga I fell in love with. Dope is the Gaga I feel in love with. I think the most easy answer, is that ARTPOP wasn't pure, it was pushed by her label to be a success, and she didn't want her artistry to die in their decisions, so she took control of the situation. ARTPOP was made for radio, the single could be hits, the promo is small, but the potential is huge. People think it's because people are "done" with her, or that somehow she's "lost her carear", but it just seems like she's lost her interest in pleaseing her label, or the GP. Music not the Bling isn't ARTPOP the album, its the song. I think at this point I'm just rambleing @ this point, but when it comes down to the wire, ARTPOP isn't a success because she doesn't want it to be. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy..

Purr more, hiss less.

Staryu

Well... they don't have to be happy either, but I'll agree with you that the song feels kinda odd on ARTPOP.

Addy Ezzie

It's such a sad song... Her voice at the beginning always breaks my heart :emo:

Prometheus

I actually feel more emotion from Gypsy than I do from Dope lol

Really?

Archived