đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Your thoughts on TEOG video 3 years later

LaLuna

Featured Posts

LaLuna

When it came out almost 3 years ago, many fans were baffled and disappointed by the Haus-directed music video for The Edge of Glory. Most of them were expecting a much more elaborate concept, which ended up being scrapped due to on-set drama with director Joseph Kahn.

Personally I think it was a nice change of pace from Gaga's elaborate videos and I think there is something to be said for its simple concept. Considering that the song is about her grandfather's death, I think it would've been a bit tacky to have a video with a zillion outfit changes, special effects and whatnot. It needed to be more intimate and personal, and I think while it could have been better directed, I don't think it deserved the hate it got. And the fact that Clarence Clemons passed away only days after its release makes it even more special in my eyes.

What about you? Do you still hate it as much as you did then? Or did you love it then and still do now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWBS0JBNzQ&feature=kp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Angel

I always liked it. The colors are beautiful and it was very simple for Gaga. I really miss this, though. I wish she would make more songs similar to The Edge of Glory. It shows how well she is at singing and how great she is when it comes to her writing.

Not to mention having Clarence in the video was icing on the cake. He added something very special to it. I never thought much of Born This Way until the whole era was over, but it is a very special piece form Gaga. 

GypsyHaus

I've always loved it. Sure it was a bit different from her usual videos, but she looked beautiful in it- her wig was just :legend:

Ray of Light

I remember sitting down to watch it, and expecting more as every second rolled by :noparty:

It was still good though, and it began her AMAZING relationship with Donatella and Versace. So that was good :party:

It's beautiful. Has such a simplistic vulnerability to it... And it actually should have been respected more since Gaga had a chance to collaborate with Clarence on it before he passed

HonestEyes

I remember sitting down to watch it, and expecting more as every second rolled by :noparty:

It was still good though, and it began her AMAZING relationship with Donatella and Versace. So that was good :party:

THIS  :toofunny:

I'm in 100% agreement with the OP. I was a little 'wut' at first viewing, but it means so much more that it's just Gaga, Clarence, and a New York City fire escape. The lighting is also incredible and adds a lot. I love this video.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

Essence

I was disappointed when I watched it.

Now I am able to appreciate how beautiful and simplistic it is. One of her most emotional videos and captures the essence of the song very well without being too busy. It has to be one of my favorite videos from her.

GreenEyes

I love it's simplicity and glad Gaga went that route for this video. Love the looks and imagery in the video :legend:

Gaga is Life

I loved it then and still do now. It has always been my second fave video :awesome:

Archived