1. 1. Favorite song from BLUE? (So far)

• Fountain
    • Hunting for Pearls
    • Vista
    • BLUE

Featured Posts

JudasInTheDark

o, y and goods are her holy trinity. bounty is far the best album ^________^

I still don't see how you think bounty is better than kin omg!! I mean both are good but kin >>>>>>>>>>

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrozenKookie

I still don't see how you think bounty is better than kin omg!! I mean both are good but kin >>>>>>>>>>

There's something really special about bounty, Like it's creating its own world that you wouldn't even think about existing when you start playing. Even me as a non English speaker i immediately got what the music was trying to deliver, more like to create even without comprehending what the lyrics mean enuf and watching the videos! I remember smiling on my first listen then I got it with me for The first time when i was on vacation on my friend's place for a week and i play it every time he starts sleeping and im just there lying and staring in a total darkness while listening. It's just surreal you know, i hope im making sense :flutter:

JudasInTheDark

There's something really special about bounty, Like it's creating its own world that you wouldn't even think about existing when you start playing. Even me as a non English speaker i immediately got what the music was trying to deliver, more like to create even without comprehending what the lyrics mean enuf and watching the videos! I remember smiling on my first listen then I got it with me for The first time when i was on vacation on my friend's place for a week and i play it every time he starts sleeping and im just there lying and staring in a total darkness while listening. It's just surreal you know, i hope im making sense :flutter:

Yeah I see what you mean!! I guess for me I sort of have that, but with the kin series!! I get those same kind of feelings watching the videos/listening to the music on that album. Like I'm sure iam/Jonna had a specific vision for kin's story and what it means, and I love diving in and trying to understand exactly what that vision is, but what I love is that kin can mean ANYTHING I want it to. It represents so many different stories and ideas to me. (my ARTPOP could mean anything teas :toofunny:)

Antichrist

I'm not the only "good worker" stan :giveup:

SISTREN Good Worker is quite possibly the best thing she's ever created :giveup:

From a lower point of view, comes the underlying truth

Keeping yourself unaware, confident we know you care

Looking out your little mind, recognizing time has passed

Ready for some further use, denial is a virtue

When she starts singing these lines, I just lose it :giveup::legend:

FrozenKookie

Yeah I see what you mean!! I guess for me I sort of have that, but with the kin series!! I get those same kind of feelings watching the videos/listening to the music on that album. Like I'm sure iam/Jonna had a specific vision for kin's story and what it means, and I love diving in and trying to understand exactly what that vision is, but what I love is that kin can mean ANYTHING I want it to. It represents so many different stories and ideas to me. (my ARTPOP could mean anything teas :toofunny:)

Kin is special too, but I think I need to comprehend it more. But damn goods chorus really gives me goosebumps every time :giveup:

JudasInTheDark

SISTREN Good Worker is quite possibly the best thing she's ever created :giveup:

When she starts singing these lines, I just lose it :giveup::legend:

I KNOWWWWW ugh it's so good. I love the opening line and when the instrumental just BURSTS in ah YAS :legend:

Suree, take all the time you need :hug:

Maybe help yourself a bit with translator? :emma:

Saga Kin: First I want to clarify that this is a personal interpretation from someone in Youtube. I don’t even know if Jonna has ever talked about the meaning behind her videos, but I suppose they’re up to interpret for everyone.

A mysterious video was released in her channel before the saga Kin started. The video was titled ‘’kin 20120611’’ and people  were already speculating if it would be the start of a new saga or a Bounty sequel. In the video you could see a panel with a white paper in it, and people remembered that Jonna had an interview with Bullet magazine where one of the photos was her posing in front of the panel:

iamamiwhoami.jpg?w=200

You could also see a building and birds flying in the reflection of the panel. This way, the new ‘’era’’ started.

1.- Sever: Jonna is in an apartment with wet hair and in underwear. She toucher her stomach referencing ‘’birth’’ because the lyrics of the song talk about a separation, probably the loss of a child. Besides, ‘’kin’’ is a diminutive of kinder (children in German). A hairy figure appears from nowhere, and it’s supposed to represent her fears and uncertainties. The figure tries to hug her and she fights, but they end up dancing a vals. In the end of the video, we see Jonna dancing alone.

2.- Drops: She is dancing alone again in the apartment and the hairy thing is unconscious and in the floor, probably because Jonna defeated him by facing her fears. She suddenly goes through the hairy thing and passes all the floors. Now she is with an armor of debris to be able to fight the figures, but one of them is waiting for her and it multiplies itself into 5 more of them. Now, the number six appears because it’s the number of all the hairy things we see in this video, but I don’t know the meaning of it yet. She is not able to defeat them.

3.- Good Worker: Jonna wakes up with the same fur as the figures, but she’s being lugged by one of them. They go through forests and in the end, she’s being carried in the same car that appeared in her first live show. The title ‘’good worker’’ could be referencing the hairy figure that has the job of carrying her.

4.- Play: She is walking alone in a field with the same fur she wore in the previous video. In the next shot she is in a barn with tousled hair and fume in it. This suggests that she is electrocuted because of the storm. There’s also something curious about the videos that the person doesn’t mention… In one of the previous videos, there’s a long shot of a plug, and then in this video she is electrocuted… Coincidence? She dances with all the hairy figures in the barn, and we see a total of 6 of them counting that Jonna is still wearing the fur coat. One of them hits Jonna in her head, causing her to wake up of her trance and realizing her situation.

5.- In due order: This doesn’t seem to be the direct sequel of Play and could look like a filler video, but there are some things to consider. She is in a white room with the figures dancing synchronized, unlike in the other videos. There are some shots of a shelf too. This video could be explained with the brain because it is divided in two hemispheres. One side is a--lytical and the other is creative. Therefore, ‘’play’’ is the right and creative side and ‘’in due order’’ is the left side. The white shelf could be seen as a clean mind that only needs books to expand its knowledge. There are also some theories about the way Jonna moves her arms, but none of them is confirmed.

6.- Idle talk: This is now the sequel of play. She is in the same place surrounded by five piles of powder. They would be the hairy figures that died electrocuted or it could imply that she was finally able to face his fears. She wears now the coat and a hat made of the same fur as before. In a shot, we see birds flying near her, probably the birds that appeared in the first video before the saga started. Now, she’s someone strong and able to defeat his fears, but at the same time, the birds are scared of her, representing a scarecrow. She cries when she sees that they are scared of her, and walks through the same places where she was lugged by one of the figures. She arrives to a flat and she opens a wardrobe that drops sand in the floor. Next, she enters the wardrobe

7.- Rascal: The wardrobe led her to a desert. She spends some time crawling in the sand and she’s wearing some band aids. Next she walks and starts to follow a trail and now she also wears an apron for patients. She would be the ‘’rascal’’ (ruined child) because she’s tired and hurt in the first minutes of the video but she finally sits in a rock when she finds the place that symbolizes stability

8.- Kill: The video starts where Rascal ends, and Jonna is removing the band aids from her body. Something important happens… Her water broke. Obviously, she lost a child, and lyrics say things like ‘’ What is expected, to carry you in my arms? (come on, just kill this, come on)’’ referencing the loss. Finally, she opens the wardrobe and we see that she’s in a white place about to jump from it. But at the same time there’s a duality and we see from behind that she would also be jumping from the building as if she was going to commit suicide. But at the end, she reasons and closes the door, implying that she didn’t jump and she also closed the traumatic stage where she was.

9.- Goods: This would be the epilogue of Kin and it was going to be just a bonus track without a video, therefore there’s no connection betweet this video and the rest of them.

She also said in an interview that the projects (both bounty and kin) are inspired by nature since she grew up in a forest

Another theory explains how this saga is about the insanity after losing a child. She was a patient in a psychiatric and in Sever we see her mind divided in imagination/reason. In drops, we see her biggest fall trying to fight against her fears. In good worker she is submissive and subjected to her treatment. In play, they are using electroshock for the treatment that makes her mind be more balanced in ‘’in due order’’. In idle talk the treatment was effective and she wants to come back to her healthy mental state, but not everything will be easy since in ‘’rascal’’, she will combat her weakness and fears.  Finlally, in kill she would confront her memories about the trauma. And if we count goods, it would mean that her insanity is now inside the black box that appears in the end of the video. Besides, if you know what the black box of a plane is (it saves everything and it’s indestructible if something happens to the plane), kin would be her own box of mental state

Antichrist

Saga Kin: First I want to clarify that this is a personal interpretation from someone in Youtube. I don’t even know if Jonna has ever talked about the meaning behind her videos, but I suppose they’re up to interpret for everyone.

A mysterious video was released in her channel before the saga Kin started. The video was titled ‘’kin 20120611’’ and people  were already speculating if it would be the start of a new saga or a Bounty sequel. In the video you could see a panel with a white paper in it, and people remembered that Jonna had an interview with Bullet magazine where one of the photos was her posing in front of the panel:

iamamiwhoami.jpg?w=200

You could also see a building and birds flying in the reflection of the panel. This way, the new ‘’era’’ started.

1.- Sever: Jonna is in an apartment with wet hair and in underwear. She toucher her stomach referencing ‘’birth’’ because the lyrics of the song talk about a separation, probably the loss of a child. Besides, ‘’kin’’ is a diminutive of kinder (children in German). A hairy figure appears from nowhere, and it’s supposed to represent her fears and uncertainties. The figure tries to hug her and she fights, but they end up dancing a vals. In the end of the video, we see Jonna dancing alone.

2.- Drops: She is dancing alone again in the apartment and the hairy thing is unconscious and in the floor, probably because Jonna defeated him by facing her fears. She suddenly goes through the hairy thing and passes all the floors. Now she is with an armor of debris to be able to fight the figures, but one of them is waiting for her and it multiplies itself into 5 more of them. Now, the number six appears because it’s the number of all the hairy things we see in this video, but I don’t know the meaning of it yet. She is not able to defeat them.

3.- Good Worker: Jonna wakes up with the same fur as the figures, but she’s being lugged by one of them. They go through forests and in the end, she’s being carried in the same car that appeared in her first live show. The title ‘’good worker’’ could be referencing the hairy figure that has the job of carrying her.

4.- Play: She is walking alone in a field with the same fur she wore in the previous video. In the next shot she is in a barn with tousled hair and fume in it. This suggests that she is electrocuted because of the storm. There’s also something curious about the videos that the person doesn’t mention… In one of the previous videos, there’s a long shot of a plug, and then in this video she is electrocuted… Coincidence? She dances with all the hairy figures in the barn, and we see a total of 6 of them counting that Jonna is still wearing the fur coat. One of them hits Jonna in her head, causing her to wake up of her trance and realizing her situation.

5.- In due order: This doesn’t seem to be the direct sequel of Play and could look like a filler video, but there are some things to consider. She is in a white room with the figures dancing synchronized, unlike in the other videos. There are some shots of a shelf too. This video could be explained with the brain because it is divided in two hemispheres. One side is a--lytical and the other is creative. Therefore, ‘’play’’ is the right and creative side and ‘’in due order’’ is the left side. The white shelf could be seen as a clean mind that only needs books to expand its knowledge. There are also some theories about the way Jonna moves her arms, but none of them is confirmed.

6.- Idle talk: This is now the sequel of play. She is in the same place surrounded by five piles of powder. They would be the hairy figures that died electrocuted or it could imply that she was finally able to face his fears. She wears now the coat and a hat made of the same fur as before. In a shot, we see birds flying near her, probably the birds that appeared in the first video before the saga started. Now, she’s someone strong and able to defeat his fears, but at the same time, the birds are scared of her, representing a scarecrow. She cries when she sees that they are scared of her, and walks through the same places where she was lugged by one of the figures. She arrives to a flat and she opens a wardrobe that drops sand in the floor. Next, she enters the wardrobe

7.- Rascal: The wardrobe led her to a desert. She spends some time crawling in the sand and she’s wearing some band aids. Next she walks and starts to follow a trail and now she also wears an apron for patients. She would be the ‘’rascal’’ (ruined child) because she’s tired and hurt in the first minutes of the video but she finally sits in a rock when she finds the place that symbolizes stability

8.- Kill: The video starts where Rascal ends, and Jonna is removing the band aids from her body. Something important happens… Her water broke. Obviously, she lost a child, and lyrics say things like ‘’ What is expected, to carry you in my arms? (come on, just kill this, come on)’’ referencing the loss. Finally, she opens the wardrobe and we see that she’s in a white place about to jump from it. But at the same time there’s a duality and we see from behind that she would also be jumping from the building as if she was going to commit suicide. But at the end, she reasons and closes the door, implying that she didn’t jump and she also closed the traumatic stage where she was.

9.- Goods: This would be the epilogue of Kin and it was going to be just a bonus track without a video, therefore there’s no connection betweet this video and the rest of them.

She also said in an interview that the projects (both bounty and kin) are inspired by nature since she grew up in a forest

Another theory explains how this saga is about the insanity after losing a child. She was a patient in a psychiatric and in Sever we see her mind divided in imagination/reason. In drops, we see her biggest fall trying to fight against her fears. In good worker she is submissive and subjected to her treatment. In play, they are using electroshock for the treatment that makes her mind be more balanced in ‘’in due order’’. In idle talk the treatment was effective and she wants to come back to her healthy mental state, but not everything will be easy since in ‘’rascal’’, she will combat her weakness and fears.  Finlally, in kill she would confront her memories about the trauma. And if we count goods, it would mean that her insanity is now inside the black box that appears in the end of the video. Besides, if you know what the black box of a plane is (it saves everything and it’s indestructible if something happens to the plane), kin would be her own box of mental state

Oh wow.. Thank you so much for this again, it explains a lot of things :udidnt::legend:

Though I don't get this one thing with Good Worker's explanation. Where are the figures carrying her? Or what happened that she suddenly walks alone in 'Play', when she was in the car at the end of Good Worker? :giveup:

Oh wow.. Thank you so much for this again, it explains a lot of things :udidnt::legend:

Though I don't get this one thing with Good Worker's explanation. Where are the figures carrying her? Or what happened that she suddenly walks alone in 'Play', when she was in the car at the end of Good Worker? :giveup:

They carried her to left her there I suppose... They didn't leave since they reunited later in the barn. It's easier to understand if you watch the videos or parts of them...

I hope the explanation was not that bad :hug:

Antichrist

They carried her to left her there I suppose... They didn't leave since they reunited later in the barn. It's easier to understand if you watch the videos or parts of them...

I hope the explanation was not that bad :hug:

Ohhh no it's okay. I just wondered if they left her there, since she was suddenly walking alone in the next vid.

It was perfect, thank you :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
TimisaMonster

I wonder if this is an alternate cover....poster_2_MQ_1024x1024.jpg?v=1407925360

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

iamamiwhoami did a Popjustice "interview" where they described each track from BLUE:

1 fountain: depart
2 hunting for pearls: dive
3 vista: possess
4 tap your glass: address
5 blue blue: imagine
6 thin: swallow
7 chasing kites: storm
8 ripple: union
9 the last dancer: return
10 shadowshow: arrive

Heavy Metal Lover

blue blue is out now on iTunes. It isn't available in the US yet but will be tonight most likely. It's absolutely amazing. Hands down my favorite song so far this era.  :legend:  :legend:

Archived