💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio Station/s won't play G.U.Y., cause it doesn't appear to be a hit

Sunny

Featured Posts

Requested G.U.Y. today on the radio and the DJ said "We don't have that in." And I asked to play Gaga, they replied "We don't know who that is" and hung up. :rip:

:toofunny:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know what happened to music industry when a trashy song like BD get Praised, and a lyrically & productionally genius song like G.U.Y get payed dust :wtf:

gunther_btw

Requested G.U.Y. today on the radio and the DJ said "We don't have that in." And I asked to play Gaga, they replied "We don't know who that is" and hung up. :rip:

sure?

crownlessking

I know Gaga fans think it can smash. I thought it could too, look at my first couple of posts if you think I'm lying. Time has passed and I've seen it unfold, and it's clear what's happening. I don't necessarily 'want' your reaction to be anything, I'm just saying that the radio isn't conspiring against Gaga, that's a ridiculous notion. If the song is gonna attract listeners, they would be playing it. Outside of Gaga's fans requesting it online, there's NO evidence of the public wanting this song. Gaga isn't coming off a smash hit, you have to understand she's just not 'hot' right now, which is the opposite of what radio likes.

I never said they were conspiracy against her, I said they were 'essentially boycotting' it, which they are; whether the reasons are like you say that it wont make money or others, it's still a boycott.

You have to understand not to patronize me and not to make assumptions. I know she's not 'hot right now', but she wasn't 'hot' when DWUW was released either and that still did better/got more play than this.

How can it click with the public if radio don't play it? :awkney:

Well it had a huge music video that premiered on TV and a performance on Letterman, yet it barely cracked the top 200 on iTunes and fell out of the top 400 shortly after. I think that's a pretty good indicator that the public isn't interested :toofunny:

djBuffoon

Umm.... no. The song sounds as close to a hit as anything on the radio right now. They're just bull-****ting.

Well it had a huge music video that premiered on TV and a performance on Letterman, yet it barely cracked the top 200 on iTunes and fell out of the top 400 shortly after. I think that's a pretty good indicator that the public isn't interested :toofunny:

Letterman is not the audience that buys pop music and neither is dateline :deadbanana: and it cracked the top 200 well enough not just barely. Then it fell due to no radio support. Katy with lyrics video also rose high but radio supported it and kept it high. Gaga didn't get the same treatment.

There's a big difference between accusing somebody of illegal activity and saying a song isn't a hit.

Sure. But I also don't think that radios should openly manifest their bias towards one artist over another, no?

JonahKing

I never said they were conspiracy against her, I said they were 'essentially boycotting' it, which they are; whether the reasons are like you say that it wont make money or others, it's still a boycott.

You have to understand not to patronize me and not to make assumptions. I know she's not 'hot right now', but she wasn't 'hot' when DWUW was released either and that still did better/got more play than this.

That's exactly my point though lol. She wasn't hot during DWUW, but she had momentum coming off of Applause and her album dropping, so they gave it spins, but it didn't blow up. Now imagine before she released DWUW she was fine, after DWUW fiasco, the media backlash, Gaga is giving G.U.Y to these radio stations without an arm and a leg now, they're going to have a hard time playing it. 

All Of The Lights by Kanye West sounds like an EASY top 10 hit for him, it peaked at 18 because he still had a lot of backlash at that time so he wasn't 'hot'

Countdown and End Of Time sounded like easy huge hits for Beyonce but I don't think either went even platinum, because Beyonce wasn't 'hot' during the 4 era

This is exactly what's happening to Gaga with G.U.Y right now.

JaggedMonster

I really don't know what happened to music industry when a trashy song like BD get Praised, and a lyrically & productionally genius song like G.U.Y get payed dust :wtf:

The music industry is not going to last to long I give you that much

It's not

SpadesToStart

She's done performances of G.U.Y. She dropped a video and had it premier on a huge network on TV, she did interviews.

Most people still don't know G.U.Y. exists. Her stuff on TV (dateline and letterman) didn't actually hit any of the demographics likely to buy or even listen to her song. And the radio interviews aren't really to raise awareness, but rather to butter up radio stations (which obviously didn't work). And the only people who know the video dropped are people who follow pop culture.

The only way to get the rest of society interested in a song is radio support, a major promo performance, or advertising. Gaga has none of those things. That's why G.U.Y. is doing poorly, not because of the song itself.

Awakened M

This thread is a hit though.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

SpadesToStart

Exactly, WTF are requests for then? So i they think a song ain't a hit, they aren't gonna play even if its requested? What kind of corrupted mess :awkney:

Take solace in the fact that radio is becoming less and less relevant every year. 10 years from now, streaming will play a MUCH larger role in charting because it's music people are actually choosing to listen to. Aka, a much better marker of popularity.

TheFame Monster

Back in 2009-10 she was everywhere. Performing on TV every week and now, well she isn't on TV at all.

I think she needs to get on AMERICAN IDOL and something else. Yesterday my radio station played G.U.Y.twice in half hour

Archived