Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio Station/s won't play G.U.Y., cause it doesn't appear to be a hit

Sunny

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark

I don't think so. I liked GUY the first time I heard it and I still like it now. The problem here is that the radio just doesn't want to play because they think it won't be a hit. But I am sure it would go at least Top 20 if the radio would play it as much as the play other songs.

Frankly, GUY is boring as hell :sweat: It rly needs time to get to like it.

JonahKing

In my opinion they are sitting on a smash hit and aren't playing it. I believe that GUY can smash. You say "the public isn't interested in GUY" but they don't know about it because radios aren't playing it......

Your opinion is small lol. Of course Gaga fans think this, the GP doesn't. Gaga's never relied on radio. She's an established, HUGE artist. You guys are acting like she's indie. She's done performances of G.U.Y. She dropped a video and had it premier on a huge network on TV, she did interviews. If there was interest it would be climbing on iTunes and the video would be smashing like it has her past era's. 

No offense but I feel like some of you are in delusion because you're just not used to Gaga doing bad. There's no conspiracy against Gaga these radio's have. She's just not 'hot' right now so they're not playing her, same with every other artist (look at Beyonce during her 4 era, it happens) 

freebit

They're not boycotting anything they just know a song that has little spins on their radio getting a ton of online requests (on the verge of spam) are stanbases and not taken seriously. Ciara fans do this all the time if it worked she'd be all over radio.

Body Party did not deserve to be shunned either tbh!

Anyway, in all seriousness she disappeared in the middle of an era, and there's a backlash surrounding her and the ARTPOP era as a whole, so we should have seen this coming I guess. Optimistically speaking, it could eventually grow, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a Ellie Goulding/Lights-style resurrection from the dead. A good song and a good video getting the shaft from the mainstream happens, not much we can do about it other than stream the hell out of it. *sigh*

MonsterMum

Gaga did a bunch of radio interviews for GUY which is basically how artists do "payola" these days. You can't accuse Katy of "payola" when Gaga has done the same thing. GUY isn't clicking with the public, it's that simple. It's not even in the top 400 after all that promo so I'm sure he's correct in saying it doesn't sound like a hit. While Birthday is only at #210 on iTunes, Katy has a ton of momentum coming off Dark Horse and she is already a proven hit maker. The song will likely smash once she starts promoting it.

Yes too bad the payola that Gaga did by going to the radio stations has paid of so well....they played her, literally :toofunny:

TimisaMonster

Exactly, WTF are requests for then?  So i they think a song ain't a hit, they aren't gonna play even if its requested?  What kind of corrupted mess  :awkney:

Isn't that a law with radio that personal opinions shouldn't reflect what songs you will and not play? :omg:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

No Angel

Requested G.U.Y. today on the radio and the DJ said "We don't have that in." And I asked to play Gaga, they replied "We don't know who that is" and hung up. :rip:

So are they gonna apologize and fire him or Gaga doesn't get that treatment, cause it's cool to hate her now? :usrs:

There's a big difference between accusing somebody of illegal activity and saying a song isn't a hit.

crownlessking

Your opinion is small lol. Of course Gaga fans think this, the GP doesn't. Gaga's never relied on radio. She's an established, HUGE artist. You guys are acting like she's indie. She's done performances of G.U.Y. She dropped a video and had it premier on a huge network on TV, she did interviews. If there was interest it would be climbing on iTunes and the video would be smashing like it has her past era's. 

No offense but I feel like some of you are in delusion because you're just not used to Gaga doing bad. There's no conspiracy against Gaga these radio's have. She's just not 'hot' right now so they're not playing her, same with every other artist (look at Beyonce during her 4 era, it happens) 

It's not just my opinion, most of Gaga's fans think that GUY can smash (basically EVERYONE wanted it to be a single) so of course we're angry on Gaga's behalf that they're not playing it, we think it's a song that can do well so we're upset that it's not getting reconition on radio in order for people to hear it and buy it.

What do you want my reaction to be? "Oh good, they're not playing it. What a good marketing decision for them as a station, soz Gags but I agree they shouldn't play it babe it's an awful song." That's just ridiculous.

mcphee

It cant become a ****ing hit if yall dont play it. duh.gif

This is so ridiculous tbh

knew that something negative was coming for gaga after yesterdays katy news  :coffee:

JaggedMonster

Requested G.U.Y. today on the radio and the DJ said "We don't have that in." And I asked to play Gaga, they replied "We don't know who that is" and hung up. :rip:

what kinda shade..which radio? :smh:

Yes too bad the payola that Gaga did by going to the radio stations has paid of so well....they played her, literally :toofunny:

This....

JonahKing

It's not just my opinion, most of Gaga's fans think that GUY can smash (basically EVERYONE wanted it to be a single) so of course we're angry on Gaga's behalf that they're not playing it, we think it's a song that can do well so we're upset that it's not getting reconition on radio in order for people to hear it and buy it.

What do you want my reaction to be? "Oh good, they're not playing it. What a good marketing decision for them as a station, soz Gags but I agree they shouldn't play it babe it's an awful song." That's just ridiculous.

I know Gaga fans think it can smash. I thought it could too, look at my first couple of posts if you think I'm lying. Time has passed and I've seen it unfold, and it's clear what's happening. I don't necessarily 'want' your reaction to be anything, I'm just saying that the radio isn't conspiring against Gaga, that's a ridiculous notion. If the song is gonna attract listeners, they would be playing it. Outside of Gaga's fans requesting it online, there's NO evidence of the public wanting this song. Gaga isn't coming off a smash hit, you have to understand she's just not 'hot' right now, which is the opposite of what radio likes.

SpadesToStart

If stations play it once or twice a day for a couple weeks and there's still no interest, THEN you can say it doesn't appear to be a hit. But if you never play it, how do you expect your listeners to decide if they like it or not?

Archived