💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Drowning, Not Waving: The Bitter End of Lady Gaga's Career

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

Creyk

This reminds me of the time when everyone was hating on Lana/Britney....it will pass....:coffee:

Some tea in the article though, like why does she have to work with Terry?

The complaints about the music are up to individual taste, I personally think she made good songs....:shrug:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emvee

I read it more as an (aggressive) a--lysis of "Why isn't Gaga having the same success?" Rather than "why does Gaga suck and why is she ruining everything for herself?"

Yes, she may have been pretentious for a long time, but now that her success has scaled down, the pretentiousness is possibly seeming more out of line with reality. I'm not sure. The pretentiousness has never bothered me, except in the announcements about the artRave.

But I think it's more a buildup of these things (pretentiousness, loss of mystery, recycled themes) that people have started to take issue with.

She is certainly allowed and encouraged to evolve as an artist. I think this was just a stumble for her. She couldn't transition her career alongside her personal transition, and that's okay! Everyone makes mistakes. It's growing pains. But I hope to see her grow from this.

Gaga isn't having the same success, because the cards haven't been played well in a while. And this pertains mostly to music. Maybe if she had a team of writers and producers who told her what's in, she'd have more success? But this person dug deep for petty reasons. Music and visuals (if that) is all that needs to be discussed when it comes to a popstar's success. Is it being played on radio. Is their video going viral? Everything else is extraneous. She's falling cause she's normal? Give me a break. She's not confronting anything anymore? As if pop success ever had anything to do with being deep. Madonna had hits because the music paralleled mainstream music very closely (and when it didn't, it "flopped"). Poor man's Miley? What kind of sensationalist remark. lol

I know this is besides the point, but where were all of the articles complaining about Beyonce's "4" era and how utterly recycled the Girls (Run The world) concept was of Single Ladies? Or how horridly conventional it is to sing 2,000 songs about how "you just want to love ya man." (Interestingly, 4 and ARTPOP are respective 4th albums, yet Beyonce is a goddess now and Gaga is dead?)

And who's to say Gaga will "learn" from this. What is there to learn? What to do in order to "slay" again? Whether or not that's even her motive anymore is up to debate. No writer with absolutely no look into the inside world of Gaga's career can even begin to know where exactly Gaga's career will go and how she's managing it.

The only thing Kat George contributed to the world with this is that she doesn't like it (for very shallow reasons). That's her issue.

This fanbase is full of such bull****, when she's doing well everyone's like "YAAAAAS MOMMA PARTY." But as soon as she takes a slight drop it suddenly turns into a b---hfest and everyone's starts critisising her and telling her why she did **** at that one thing. People need to realise that no, she isn't always going to be on top but that's okay and learn to enjoy her when she's at a lower point. Everyone goes through rough patches. I'm also sick of this "she needs to do this and that and also this." attitude like **** off, she'll do as she pleases and I'm pretty sure if she wanted a load of high schoolers to run her career then she would've already reached out to you.

tumblr_n3srrf0Qwo1qd87w4o4_500.gif

Willy Wonka

Gaga isn't having the same success, because the cards haven't been played well in a while. And this pertains mostly to music. Maybe if she had a team of writers and producers who told her what's in, she'd have more success? But this person dug deep for petty reasons. Music and visuals (if that) is all that needs to be discussed when it comes to a popstar's success. Is it being played on radio. Is their video going viral? Everything else is extraneous. She's falling cause she's normal? Give me a break. She's not confronting anything anymore? As if pop success ever had anything to do with being deep. Madonna had hits because the music paralleled mainstream music very closely (and when it didn't, it "flopped"). Poor man's Miley? Oh my god what kind of sensationalist remark. lol

I know this is besides the point, but where were all of the articles complaining about Beyonce's "4" era and how utterly recycled Girls (Run The world) was of Single Ladies? Or how horridly conventional it is to sing 2,000 songs about how "you just want to love ya man." (Interestingly, 4 and ARTPOP are respective 4th albums, yet Beyonce is a goddess now and Gaga is dead?)

But I mean, why ISN'T radio playing the music? Why ISNT the video going viral? That's what interests me. What happened? I find it fascinating. And I agree with their points about that- she wasn't simply a music artist. She was the complete package of visuals, personality, artistry, and music. All components had to remain working.

And don't forget Beyonce had a full career with Destiny's Child as well.

Rat Boy

This is why I was so angry when Gaga performed with Predator X. She ruined EVERYTHING. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Leninsdog

I disagree and find this article stupid. ARTPOP is a really good album and Gaga's writing skills are on top with G.U.Y.

People say Gaga is boring but she's the same since 2008. It's only boring because she pushed the boundaries for many years and now it is OK to see many of those stuff on TV where it caused shocks in 2007. Now singers like Cyrus are trying to take advantage of the shock factor for their benefits but it won't work because they don't have a motto or aim unlike Gaga.

Lady Gaga made everything she said she would do. Now she's enjoying her time with ARTPOP. If you want to celebrate, pop in but don't judge or criticise what she has done or doing like a critic from 2007 because times have changed.

Wow, I didn't even bother reading the article, but I probably should have done the same with this thread. :sick:

Just a few points I want to make after reading through it:

Gaga should not have to give up art, which is something she obviously cares about, and become a conventional pop star just to be easily digestible. The art has been there since TF (and there's also plenty of art in the ARTPOP era - it's kind of upsetting that some people still don't see that).

Yes, she takes her work and ideas very seriously, but there is nothing wrong with that. If anything, it's a good thing & shouldn't be considered as "pretentious."

I'm not gonna even talk about the article, it does have some very truthful and valip points but i'm just gonna wait till gaga gets her **** together and comes up with enjoyable and reletable music like TFM or TF cause god knows that this is what she needs right now and what we need also and what the GP needs andy'all are delusional as **** if you disagree that her music back then was more relateable and lyric wise much smarter than it is now

Emvee

But I mean, why ISN'T radio playing the music? Why ISNT the video going viral? That's what interests me. What happened? I find it fascinating. And I agree with their points about that- she wasn't simply a music artist. She was the complete package of visuals, personality, artistry, and music. All components had to remain working.

And don't forget Beyonce had a full career with Destiny's Child as well.

Radio played Applause and they definitely gave DWUW a chance. G.U.Y. is still gaining, but I suspect that it will be largely ignored because of the s-xual content (probably the reason why DWUW stalled at 60m AI). 

G.U.Y. opening week numbers were conventional. Just because Bad Romance went viral, doesn't mean all of her videos will. It's absurd to look at Bad Romance and Telephone as if her career has always been in that larger-than-life-spectacle state and then hold her to that standard forever. Context. She lost most of that audience with the Alejandro video and then more so with Born This Way --  both videos that had stunning visuals, in my opinion; but, her objective was something else. 

She IS the complete package. Visuals are 100% Haus of Gaga or affiliates. Music is 100% her. Personality is 100% her. We'd have a real discussion on our hands if any of that were actually fraudulent, but It is all genuinely her.

BUT I GET IT! It needs to actually be good in order to succeed and I have no qualms with that fact. Let me clarify, though: good to the mainstream of music and visuals that is currently circulating. 'Cause in order to be accepted by the GP (radio/clubs), your music needs to be part of a greater movement that is already established or in the midst of a rise. Gaga's dance music did so well in the beginning because she hopped on the horse early enough to be that "fresh new girl." The music was dance with hints of urban music or bubblegum pop. Perfect mix for U.S. and international success. ARTPOP is neither the current state of mainstream or conventional dance music. The lyrics are obscure. The production is coarse. Her vocals howl. But that doesn't mean it's bad. Call it bad and you undermine the opinions of millions who actually enjoy and appreciate it.

Essence

whoever calls a bad era, the end of a career, doesnt know one thing about this industry, how many times did Madonna and MJ seemed to be over?
omfgggggg THANK YOU

People are still saying Madonna is over and they said the same about MJ until the day AFTER they closed the coffin :spin:

Willy Wonka

Radio played Applause and they definitely gave DWUW a chance. G.U.Y. is still gaining, but I suspect that it will be largely ignored because of the s-xual content (probably the reason why DWUW stalled at 60m AI). 

G.U.Y. opening week numbers were conventional. Just because Bad Romance went viral, doesn't mean all of her videos will. It's absurd to look at Bad Romance and Telephone as if her career has always been in that larger than life spectacle state and then hold her to have standard forever. Context. She lost most of that audience with the Alejandro video and then more so with Born This Way --  both videos that had stunning visuals, in my opinion; but, her objective was something else. 

She IS the complete package. Visuals are 100% Haus of Gaga or affiliates. Music is 100% her. Personality is 100% her. We'd have a real discussion on our hands if any of that were actually fraudulent, but It is all genuinely her.

BUT I GET IT! It needs to actually be good in order to succeed and I have no qualms with that. Let me clarify, though: good to the mainstream of music and visuals that have currently circulating. 'Cause in order to be accepted by the GP (radio/clubs), your music needs to be part of a greater movement that is already established or in the midst of a rise. Gaga's dance music did so well in the beginning because she hopped on the horse early enough to be that "fresh new girl." ARTPOP is neither the current state of mainstream or conventional dance music. The lyrics are obscure. The production is coarse. Her vocals howl. But that doesn't mean it's bad. Call it bad and you undermine the opinions of millions who actually enjoy and appreciate it.

:applause: this post is absolutely flawless.

Tempest

Honestly, if your losing support in gaga then you're not a true fan. I love and follow her for who she is, and her message, along with the fact that she is as talented as any one person can be.

I could give two ****s less about her performance on charts and within the industry, because even if the public turns their back on her, she's not going to retire from music. This is her life, the only thing she truly loves doing, she made music when no one knew her, and she will continue to make music even if no one follows her because she is an artist, a musician.

G.U.Y is no where near a flop in my mind, and neither is ARTPOP. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it isn't her that may be putting off the public, but the message of ARTPOP? Every artist has the one album or concept that they pour their very essence into and it just isn't adopted by the public. ARTPOP may possibly be that album, it doesn't necessarily mean that the work is ****, it's that the public doesn't understand it.

Honestly, it may be a bit ironic that in a society fueled by sameness and shallow knowledge of true art, ARTPOP is overlooked. Gaga wanted to change the publics view on what is art by giving them concentrated, easy to digest snippets, but just as 99% of the best work in history is not appreciated until years, decades, or even centuries later, the same may happen to ARTPOP.

I, an individual that always looks for and appreciates things that challenges the "normal" way of thinking, would rather live the rest of my life without senses than to be trapped in the generic mess that is the current music/art industry.

PS. Saying that gaga is becoming irrelevant and then using Ciara as an example of what she should strive to be is pretty ridiculous. The last time I remember the whisper singer Ciara being relevant was in 2006.

aaronyoji

a lot of it was true. and it's scary. hopefully gaga gets her head out of her ass and starts to sit down and think about the next album and take time to make good music and not just make confusing metaphors and then call them songs and expect everyone to just understand and like it. cause even her fans are split with ARTPOP.

She needs to drop the whole art thing and just make pure pop like the fame. and TFM. (even tho the art stuff started coming wight hat album) it was good. and it was catchy and it was just perfect. ARTPOP is a mess. 

Gaga needs to stop being so pretentious cause it makes her fans that way too. and that she is the "queen of pop" and bs like that. she isn't the queen as far as i'm concerned. she lost that throne after BTW. Katy Perry is the new queen cause everyone loves her. her music is easy to understand and simple and extremely catchy. Yeah her songs aren't deep and meaningful like Gaga's but gaga's songs don't make sense a lot of the time and no one knows what they're about. They're confusing. Plus it's hard to understand what she's saying sometimes which also turns people off.

Idk just my thoughts.

this is literally cancer to my eyes and i hope gaga never listens to "fans" like you

Archived