Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Drowning, Not Waving: The Bitter End of Lady Gaga's Career

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

The point is Gaga hasn't really changed, she's the same person, it's just now that people are nothing her faults. She's always been pretentious, she's never been the best dancer, she hasn't as the writer said always been about empowering her fans (TF and TFM were about her fame not the fans), she's always talked about art (there are videos on youtube showing her talking about art and pop back in the Fame days. So again, I ask, why hate her now? She's still the same person people like to glorify back in the glory days. People want to bring her down, period. The only truly subjective reason and sane opinion would be not liking her music this era. But even that doesn't mean her career is "drowning". The "article" mentioned Beyonce...they failed to mention she had a flop era with less memorable hits than ARTPOP last time round.

Did you miss the part where they talked about the loss of her mystique? Her transition to pretty conventional s-xuality? Recycled themes and visuals?

Emvee

3 weeks ago this fan base was RAVING about the G.U.Y. video and now it's boring?

She advanced herself to a demi-goddess. That's not even the point of the whole Venus thing.

"little monsters foundation?" :flop:

Though some points could be brought up to discussion, which none of you are doing, this article is oozing with huge biases against Gaga... which don't necessarily make the author correct. It is their opinion. 

Essence

Posting a random and negative article in news? are you ****ing serious? brings nothing new to the table.

No Angel

Yes, this article is written very aggressively, almost giving me Angela Cheng vibes. But it does raise a few questions and the writer has a few points. One of the things I agreed with a lot was the music videos and the "mystery of Gaga." 

Maybe if the article wasn't so in your face their points would seem much more valid and concerning rather than the "**** Lady Gaga, she sucks now" vibes it's rubbing off. But this is a VICE article, so it's not surprising that it's not written in a very calm manner. While I will remain a fan of hers, success or not, I can't help but agree with the quality of her work part. ARTPOP is my least favorite album, but I still listen to it from time to time. To me, It just doesn't have that extra "zing!" Gaga has with her music. It feels all over the place, unlike her past records that were great. Even Born This Way had it, and it took a while for me to truly get into it and appreciate it. To each their own, but I do find some things that I agree with on this article.

And that doesn't mean "we don't even know her," it just means we find a few things we don't like about her choices, even though we have to accept them no matter what. :smh:

LadyCaligula

That's why he's disguised as a fan. Besides I could go over every single one of them. Here's one more, he lambasts the SXSW performance and as we saw that got a lot of attention and was mostly praised. The fans were quick to bash it as was Demi while the rest of the media found it engaging.

Isn't it more damning that so many fans hated it... she makes stuff for her fans not the media and public right? This makes zero sense to me. Shes not fading away but she has changed a great deal, she doesn't seem to be back on track still...the level of promotion of ARTPOP is staggeringly low, anyone remember BTW, it was everywhere and popular from the start, you heard songs on the radio all the time. I've heard GUY ONE time on the radio. Applause gets decent play but its still sad. Its not that she did anything wrong...we just havent been as receptive to it as the people on this site want to believe. 

Willy Wonka

Yes, this article is written very aggressively, almost giving me Angela Cheng vibes. But it does raise a few questions and the writer has a few points. One of the things I agreed with a lot was the music videos and the "mystery of Gaga." 

Maybe if the article wasn't so in your face their points would seem much more valid and concerning rather than the "**** Lady Gaga, she sucks now" vibes it's rubbing off. But this is a VICE article, so it's not surprising that it's not written in a very calm manner. While I will remain a fan of hers, success or not, I can't help but agree with the quality of her work part. ARTPOP is my least favorite album, but I still listen to it from time to time. To me, It just doesn't have that extra "zing!" Gaga has with her music. It feels all over the place, unlike her past records that were great. Even Born This Way had it, and it took a while for me to truly get into it and appreciate it. To each their own, but I do find some things that I agree with on this article.

And doesn't mean "we don't even know her," it just means we find a few things we don't like about her choices, even though we have to accept them no matter what. :smh:

YAS slay baby slay

3 weeks ago this fan base was RAVING about the G.U.Y. video and now it's boring?

She advanced herself to a demi-goddess. That's not even the point of the whole Venus thing.

"little monsters foundation?" :flop:

Though some points could be brought up to discussion, which none of you are doing, this article is oozing with huge biases against Gaga... which don't necessarily make the author correct. It is their opinion.

The GUY video remains flawless.

Emvee

Did you miss the part where they talked about the loss of her mystique? Her transition to pretty conventional s-xuality? Recycled themes and visuals?

The "loss of her mystique" is such an irrelevant topic in the greater scheme of Gaga's career. Are you holding her to that image for the rest of eternity or are you going to allow her to evolve as an artist? The mystery is not a necessary component of an artist's career. 

Same goes for her s-xuality. So what if she wants it to be conventional? She's in a totally different place, s-xually, in her life.

Recycled themes are common in art.

Willy Wonka

The "loss of her mystique" is such an irrelevant topic in the greater scheme of Gaga's career. Are you holding her to that image for the rest of eternity or are you going to allow her to evolve as an artist? The mystery is not a necessary component of an artist's career. 

Came goes for her s-xuality. So what if she wants it to be conventional? She's in a totally different place, s-xually, in her life.

But when you've built your career on these things and then you abandon them, that can be problematic, and that's what the author is saying.

Essence

Bull****. As if she was EVER gonna maintain that mystery? I mean do you his even realize how quickly that would fade if that's the only thing she relied on?

Some of you are not fans. As much as the person who wrote that article. :wtf:

Rollercoaster

Written by some pressed twink.

Nobody but nobody in the real world notices anything about her dancing. Ever.

Oh, and tell me more about how Greece is in Egypt....

LadyCaligula

Came goes for her s-xuality. So what if she wants it to be conventional? She's in a totally different place, s-xually, in her life.

I don't see a loss of mystique and Im quite critical of her at times. I think shes more mysterious than ever... we've seen quite little of her in a year... She used to be rather predictable, not so much now-for better or worse. She is enjoying her life, thats all I know. She is happy with Taylor and prob wants to live a little instead of hearing us scream GAGA and come to brazil non stop. Will taht hurt her career, it could but shes happy (seemingly) and you cant fault her for that.

White Shadows

But when you've built your career on these things and then you abandon them, that can be problematic, and that's what the author is saying.
The "mystique" behind her career was never going to last though :spin:

And sis why am I seeing you in this thread page after page jumping at every opportunity to agree with the Gaga hate? :spin:

Willy Wonka

Bull****. As if she was EVER gonna maintain that mystery? I mean do you his even realize how quickly that would fade if that's the only thing she relied on?

Some of you are not fans. As much as the person who wrote that article. :wtf:

Oh goodie I was waiting for someone to bring out the fake fans thing

Jester

Gaga’s Little Monster’s Foundation :lmao:

Archived