💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP is #16 on US iTunes... haters... thoughts on this?

Tropico

Featured Posts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Honestly this whole "Flop" business confuses me. It seems very English-music oriented and starts @ stans b4 it spreads to major "news" places.

In Japan a solo artist that sells over 100k the first week is considered a major success nowadays and there are artists living off of singles(which are different in Japan) that sell like under 10k and they dont get dropped from their record labels immediately. Longevity is a hard to accomplish feat in the Japanese music world but no ones going broke and losing fans because of it X_X. 

Gaga selling 258k the first week already blows about every female solo artists (they are in decline in Japan ATM in terms of popularity) out of the water. And Japan has true stans that buy 20 copies of things X_X Look @ AKB48 and their million selling SINGLES that all sound the exact same.

Japanese female artists are not considered "flops" for having albums that are only gold certified and not the first week. Some albums go #1 with 50k sales at times, others with 200. 

Idk what my point with this was... oh, i guess it puts things in perspective. English music market is so much more toxic 

I've NEVER said an album "flopped". Its a bogus term and it needs to be deleted from our vocabularies.  :manicure:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Tropico

Honestly this whole "Flop" business confuses me. It seems very English-music oriented and starts @ stans b4 it spreads to major "news" places.

In Japan a solo artist that sells over 100k the first week is considered a major success nowadays and there are artists living off of singles(which are different in Japan) that sell like under 10k and they dont get dropped from their record labels immediately. Longevity is a hard to accomplish feat in the Japanese music world but no ones going broke and losing fans because of it X_X.

Gaga selling 258k the first week already blows about every female solo artists (they are in decline in Japan ATM in terms of popularity) out of the water. And Japan has true stans that buy 20 copies of things X_X Look @ AKB48 and their million selling SINGLES that all sound the exact same.

Japanese female artists are not considered "flops" for having albums that are only gold certified and not the first week. Some albums go #1 with 50k sales at times, others with 200.

Idk what my point with this was... oh, i guess it puts things in perspective. English music market is so much more toxic

I've NEVER said an album "flopped". Its a bogus term and it needs to be deleted from our vocabularies. :manicure:

Gaga should move to Japan. She'd be so much more appretiated lol! I also don't get how people consider ARTPOP a flop. I honestly think it did really well so the fact that people are starting to think Gaga is over because of one album which actually did pretty well is beyond me. It's the most stupid thing ever!

And I also hate when ARTPOP is labeled a flop. Ugh it's just so stupid :manicure:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

ItsTommyBitch

Gaga should move to Japan. She'd be so much more appretiated lol! I also don't get how people consider ARTPOP a flop. I honestly think it did really well so the fact that people are starting to think Gaga is over because of one album which actually did pretty well is beyond me. It's the most stupid thing ever!

And I also hate when ARTPOP is labeled a flop. Ugh it's just so stupid :manicure:

I think Gaga genuinely knows how the Japanese music industry works and its probably another reason she loves Japan so much. So much less critical. 

I'm still here for J-popGa  :legend:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived