💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga should quit Pop.

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I hope Gaga takes a break from pop music when she is able to.  Get's married, has kids.  

She could do nothing but piano based songwriter stuff and jazz for like 5 years at least.  She'd probably actually outsell everything except BTW if she changed to a more Elton type of style at this point, TBH.  Interscope would probably be cool with it.

All the fans that are tied up in the superficialities of the pop music industry would drop away.  Gaga could get a new start, re-invent herself as she see's fit without expectations from chart hungry monsters.

She'd gain fans who care about music, and appreciate her as a musician and not just as a flashy entertainer who makes noise in pop culture.  People who care about more important things than whether she is currently slaying other stan's favs.

She could still be Gaga and still be artistic, just do it in a different genre than electro/dance pop, do it old school like Elton, Bowie, Freddy Mercury.  

There is too much baggage tied up around Gaga in electro pop, among both media and fans.  Time to drop all that and start over.  Re-born this Way.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zexion_armando

Nope.

I'm here for pop music, cause that is what she does best.I'm okay with like 2-3 piano ballads, but I get sick of them the fastest

Jazz is okay, but she could just juggle both.

PigInsideAHuman

jk....i agree partially but just dropping pop would only lead the media to say she is trying to stay relevant in another way. Let's be honest: pop music is a gaga strength not a weakness. Her best ability might not be bridges but her hooks that are completely pop are what anchor people in

VforVendetta

She can always change the music she makes but I don't think she can leave pop music in one night, even if she wants to. She can only change her music step by step with each album. It will always be pop music though if its successful. Pop music is the music that is popular at the moment. The Soul music Adele made was no less Pop music than Gaga's. Gaga had actually changed her music many times. Her music on ARTPOP is very different from her music on TF as a sound.

hughdancy

Nope.

I'm here for pop music, cause that is what she does best.I'm okay with like 2-3 piano ballads, but I get sick of them the fastest

Jazz is okay, but she could just juggle both.

Weasel

What's the point of alienating all your fans that made you happen in the first place?  :roll:

Staryu

As long as she does what she wants (and that it is good), I don't care much.

imo she should try to do a little bit of Rock :rockstar:

Versace Girl

What's the point of alienating all your fans that made you happen in the first place?  :roll:

this.

She doesn't need to drop Pop music entirely but she is sticking to fairly mainstream guidelines. When The Fame came out it shook things up and brought a level of sophistication to electro pop that the mainstream hadn't seen a lot of. She needs to shake things up again. Take things in a new direction. She needs her masterpiece, her Ray of Light.

Personally I would be terribly excited if she did some sort of minimalist, trip-hop album. Something with a more stripped back production of songs like DWUW and ARTPOP.

giskardsb

because half those fans don't appreciate her and are stuck in the past.

Archived