Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga wearing a burqa backstage in Vancouver

JPM

Featured Posts

Free My Mind

BURQA SWAG LIKE LADY GAGA TBH

love it haha... she's hyping the **** out of Burqa, better be good.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking in general - not you, but from what you just wrote I cannot see how you are practising islam, but yeah, whatever. We are way off topic. You just claimed something is not islamic, and supported that with ''im muslim and for me....'', so I corrected you. It doesn't matter if you personally have this view, but the teachings are saying different. And there are hundreds of millions of muslims who will prove you otherwise.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

It's ok and yes this has become a bit off topic. :/

I don't think the new single is Burqa, last year she was wearing some princess stuff and tiaras and now she's wearing burqas. I think they're parts of what she will do throughout the era but I believe she's gonna make the whole thing a big suprise. Maybe she's even wearing a burqa to hide something???

RitaOral

People being offended by this need to get a grip, there's nothing offensive about wearing a niqab like she is (it's not a burqa like stated in the OP). My best friend is muslim and i just showed him this and he burst out laughing and said ''she's so crazy''. Plus the niqab is not anything to do with Islam at all, it states in the Quran or the Hadeeth (the prophets teachings) that woman should cover their bodies and their hair, which most muslim woman adhere to by wearing long loose dresses and a headscarf (atleast here where i live which is in a large muslim community) there is no mention of this niqab/burqa which is very much a cultural thing. And even if some women do choose to wear the face covering it is not obligatory by Islam and in a lot of cultures in the middle east some women are definitely oppressed by men and are forced to wear it so it is not something i personally agree with and a lot of my muslim friends also share this view surprisingly.

Amen Fashion

I was talking in general - not you, but from what you just wrote I cannot see how you are practising islam, but yeah, whatever. We are way off topic. You just claimed something is not islamic, and supported that with ''im muslim and for me....'', so I corrected you. It doesn't matter if you personally have this view, but the teachings are saying different. And there are hundreds of millions of muslims who will prove you otherwise.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

What is islamic for you? There are a few different views on that. Not every muslim has the same view.

People being offended by this need to get a grip, there's nothing offensive about wearing a niqab like she is (it's not a burqa like stated in the OP). My best friend is muslim and i just showed him this and he burst out laughing and said ''she's so crazy''. Plus the niqab is not anything to do with Islam at all, it states in the Quran or the Hadeeth (the prophets teachings) that woman should cover their bodies and their hair, which most muslim woman adhere to by wearing long loose dresses and a headscarf (atleast here where i live which is in a large muslim community) there is no mention of this niqab/burqa which is very much a cultural thing. And even if some women do choose to wear the face covering it is not obligatory by Islam and in a lot of cultures in the middle east some women are definitely oppressed by men and are forced to wear it so it is not something i personally agree with and a lot of my muslim friends also share this view surprisingly.

it's not really THAT surprising, i hope. :P muslims in europe/na generally share this view.

Noo, Gaga's not that stupid to name her lead single Burqa, imagine the legacy in 20 years, 'the recording-breaking Burqa established Gaga as one of the best pop stars of all time selling nearly 12 million copies worldwide and topping the charts in 25 countries, the song comes back on Gaga's 19th world tour performed as a mixture of the follow up single - TEA'... nahh.

...whats wrong with this?

Tommymonster44

Women are beaten or being killed all over the globe regardless of the religion and culture, over jealousy, obsession etc. and that wouldn't say anything about women's right there, cause she haven't done her research, she heaven't spent her time with muslim women who CHOOSE to cover up without any pressure from husband or family. She would just label all muslim men as women beaters and all muslim women wearing muslim clothing only to cover up bruises and THAT is insulting. And that is not ''spreading kindness''.

Gaga has yet to make a single comment on why she wears these clothes. I don't recall Gaga ever saying she wears Muslim clothing to empower repressed woman. If that's what your saying, then that's not accurate.

VforVendetta

And what's the problem if she doesn't wear the burqa just because she likes it and she makes a statement with it? We have democracy and she can express her thought free! She doesnt offend anyone! And burqa is a symbol of inequality between men and women. And the reason that some women wear the burqa.with their own will is because they live in a society that this is what women must do, they don't know another way of life!

...whats wrong with this?

I have exactly the same question!

And what's the problem if she doesn't wear the burqa just because she likes it and she makes a statement with it? We have democracy and she can express her thought free! She doesnt offend anyone! And burqa is a symbol of inequality between men and women. And the reason that some women wear the burqa.with their own will is because they live in a society that this is what women must do, the don't know another way of life!

I have exactly the same question!

i have said this before but many women DO feel liberated when wearing a burqa - they feel free from judgement because no one's looking at their faces, no one's judging them based of their looks. i read a book recently where the main character wears a burqa and feels happy that no one is able to look at her, and judge her from knowing who she is, who her family is, her background, etc.

and again, gaga could simply be doing this because she likes burqas.

You guys don't get it, she will offend people only by wearing TRANSPARENT muslim clothing, I can see her underwear on that pic. What about when song and video come out? She doesn't have that good security, she will get herself in trouble.

What you don't get is that she wouldn't be Gaga if she did not do things like this. She is just always going to be controversial with her art.

she must be wearing it so as to avoid getting the flu.

seriously with this crazy epidemic, that's the last thing she would need when just starting her final leg of the tour.

hope no one who is sick is stupid enough to go and ask her for a hug

I think she looks nice in it, but yeah if I was metting her for the first time I'd be kinda disappointed to only be able to see her eyes too. Don;t wanna buy into the whole single thing - that could be touch and go if it is.

Archived