Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP VOL.1 + VOL. 2 - COMPLETE ARTWORK :giveup:

Guille

Featured Posts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

There is nothing deep about a motorcycle with a decapitated head on it. Stop thinking all of Gaga's stuff is deep, it's not.

What a rudimentary way of thinking... Not understanding something doesn't mean there is no meaning to it. :roll:

What a rudimentary way of thinking... Not understanding something doesn't mean there is no meaning to it. :roll:

No, it's not that. It's just that it's not every clever for you to make an album for your fans and make a very ambiguous cover that no one gets.

elijahfan

No, it's not that. It's just that it's not every clever for you to make an album for your fans and make a very ambiguous cover that no one gets.

I'm not here for some random and boring cover. Art is not often easily understandable, and triggering reflexion is its essence.

Plus: ambiguity has been at the base of Gaga's career since her beginnings... even the general public knows that, that's what made her so famous.

I'm not here for some random and boring cover. Art is not often easily understandable, and triggering reflexion is its essence.

Plus: ambiguity has been at the base of Gaga's career since her beginnings... even the general public knows that, that's what made her so famous.

Well, the BTW cover was very random and boring to most people on GGD (as you can see by the comments on this thread)

Also, your "art is not often easily understandable" state is bull****. ALL famous artwork has been understood by many people and often interpret historic moments. Abstract art, on the other hand, is very ambiguous, but again, most famous abstract famous paintings show evident correlation to the artist's life. Also, when was ambiguity the base of Gaga's career? It wasn't. It's all been about shock.

elijahfan

Well, the BTW cover was very random and boring to most people on GGD (as you can see by the comments on this thread)

Also, your "art is not often easily understandable" state is bull****. ALL famous artwork has been understood by many people and often interpret historic moments. Abstract art, on the other hand, is very ambiguous, but again, most famous abstract famous paintings show evident correlation to the artist's life. Also, when was ambiguity the base of Gaga's career? It wasn't. It's all been about shock.

The BTW cover would have been boring if nobody had anything to say about it, which is, as you know, totally untrue ;)

I'm also an art student: I'm not trying to discredit you, but I want you to realize I know a lil bit about it... A piece of art that you understand in less than a minute isn't art. It's a child's drawing. Indeed, all famous artworks have been 'understood', but they've been scrutinized for hours by many different a--lysts, who drew different interpretations out of them, and if the author never made his intentions clear, we will never know what he wanted to express for sure. Nothing in art has ever been fully understood. And if you think it only goes with abstract and surreal works, then you got a pretty narrow knowledge of art history. Just to take the most famous example: the Mona Lisa. Can you actually assert this piece has been fully understood as of today? There you go.

And finally: are you actually informed about how Gaga is perceived? Her crazy outfits, her s-xuality, even her gender: she made her best through these past 5 years to make people talk, and yet, who can say today that they know her for sure? Pretty much everything she does is ambiguous, mysterious: can you say you fully understood the FAME ad? Can you say you fully understood the BTWBall storyline? Can you say you fully understood what the MTN video was all about? And these are just the latest examples. Gaga is mysterious, and mystery was essential to her raise to fame. Mystery draws interest. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

I have no hard feelings against you, but understand it's not up to you to judge whether something is relevant or not. Art and reflexion can be found in the most surprising places and in the simplest forms. What's essential is the idea. If you're still not convinced, go study Marcel Duchamp and maybe you'll understand ;)

Ray of Light

The BTW cover would have been boring if nobody had anything to say about it, which is, as you know, totally untrue ;)

I'm also an art student: I'm not trying to discredit you, but I want you to realize I know a lil bit about it... A piece of art that you understand in less than a minute isn't art. It's a child's drawing. Indeed, all famous artworks have been 'understood', but they've been scrutinized for hours by many different a--lysts, who drew different interpretations out of them, and if the author never made his intentions clear, we will never know what he wanted to express for sure. Nothing in art has ever been fully understood. And if you think it only goes with abstract and surreal works, then you got a pretty narrow knowledge of art history. Just to take the most famous example: the Mona Lisa. Can you actually assert this piece has been fully understood as of today? There you go.

And finally: are you actually informed about how Gaga is perceived? Her crazy outfits, her s-xuality, even her gender: she made her best through these past 5 years to make people talk, and yet, who can say today that they know her for sure? Pretty much everything she does is ambiguous, mysterious: can you say you fully understood the FAME ad? Can you say you fully understood the BTWBall storyline? Can you say you fully understood what the MTN video was all about? And these are just the latest examples. Gaga is mysterious, and mystery was essential to her raise to fame. Mystery draws interest. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

I have no hard feelings against you, but understand it's not up to you to judge whether something is relevant or not. Art and reflexion can be found in the most surprising places and in the simplest forms. What's essential is the idea. If you're still not convinced, go study Marcel Duchamp and maybe you'll understand ;)

:clap:

Here we go again:

The only reason why people talked about the BTW cover was because it was ****. Period.

I'm also an art student, although I've drifted away from graphical art and more into performing arts, but I still have some background knowledge. Now, the Mona Lisa is a very bland example to bring up. Why? The Mona Lisa was not chiefly famous for being mysterious. She was famous for being the symbol of Renaissance. Everything about her screamed Renaissance. The shading, the background, the anatomy. No one cared about any deep meaning, they only cared about the fact that she looked so real. After years of being famous, scholars and artists became intrigued at how Da Vinci even managed to do these things, and that's how they started getting into the deeper meaning of it. The only real mystery to this painting is who the person is and why Da Vinci painted her.

And yes, I am aware of how Gaga is perceived. No one looks at Gaga and says "wow, that's some deep stuff" but her fans. Everyone thinks she's only famous for her shock factor, which is really true. Her outfits are a major example of this. They may mean something "deep" to her but to everyone else it's just some whack stuff. Her performances mainly the VMA one) also shock the public, because she shows things that people usually wouldn't dare to. People don't like taboos, that's why they don't like her. Sex is a major part of this. there is really two ways you could go with Sex. The "normal" s-x in which a person's body and gestures are used to advertise a product, or the "unnatural" way of s-x, being anything that is usually not spoken of. Gaga takes on the latter, causing shock. The Fame Ad? Sure, I'll give you that, that had some imagery to it, however, the Fame Ad was not foundation to her career, which is what I was arguing. I've never fully watched BTWB so no comment on that. MTN had imagery to her too, but the only part of the music video that is intriguing is the very end of it, with Gaga in the red dress. The music video itself was basically random shots of her in a parking lot and in the dance studio, and only the the Prelude had heavy imagery.

Shock draws interest, and yes, shock and mystery are two very similar things.

If you look at only The Fame, you will see that Gaga's foundation was what we know as "generic". Which is the completely wrong word to use too, but apparently GGD users have never opened a dictionary. Anyway, many of her songs in The Fame shared similar musical structure, relying heavily on the hook, and followed a pattern similar to past chart toppers. This can even be observed in TFM. There were never more than 4 chords in her songs, which is the standard system. They were also very common chords, which a mixture of minors, which is exactly what Adele did for 21. Although Adele also relied heavily on clashes and resolutions. Anyway, Gaga's first release was very commercial, and even by watching interview you can get the sense that she was "fake", or at least you got that vibe. However, she developed her music further with the making of TFM, but even after the TFM and into BTW, all her music still sounds the same. So Gaga also relies heavily on familiarity and basic song structure. Mind you that studies have shown that music is no longer appreciated by musical complexity, but by loudness.

Also, I never said it was up to me, did I? It was also solely my opinion. I tend to state my opinions firmly a lot of the time, which leads people to believe that I think it is a fact. Which is just something I have grown into doing, it's actually very beneficial. Anyhow, I think you just misinterpreted that part of my statement.

elijahfan

I tend to state my opinions firmly a lot of the time.

So do I, buddy.

We both know are shiz, and we won't be able to totally agree with each other, so I spare you another long explanation... I have nothing to add to my previous comment anyway.

xoxo

Someone please post the pictures again! I didn't get to see them!!

Giorno Giovanna

I want them pics, pleeeasse, I offer 1 bj :flop:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's not there :yes:

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Archived