💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks BTW sales/tour, defends electronic music

Americano

Featured Posts

Arturo

8 Million records sold seems pretty damn good to me. :nails:

only acoustic song ill listen to is, ''stuck on fukcing you'' - lady gaga.

adele is so boring and depressing, makes me want to stab my eye balls with flaming torches and cry forever in a lonely room.

:rofl:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JoshuaMonroe

I don't see how she's shading anyone. Can't two adults have a sophisticated interview together without anyone thinking it's just about the shade. It's about opinion. Vogue's interviews are most of the time very well executed. I personally don't see how the interviewer was in the wrong here. And about the electronic music thing; all she's saying is that the production process / end result is unrightfully highly underrated and wrongly disregarded as music as opposed to acoustic music which is immediately perceived as "better" music. It's not about the ease of creation (since Gaga herself makes acoustic music too DUH), it's about the gratification in the end, and the creators who are more often frowned upon in the end.

So this article is basically to bash her. How is this good? Why would she agree to this?

I don't see how it's bashing her though. :huh:

I get that GaGa wanted the BTWB to be more classic... but did she ever consider that having NO video screens means the people in the back of the stadiums won't even be able to distinguish her from the rest of the dancers? :smh:

Americano

I don't like how the interviewer made Gaga seem insecure about her BTW sales. I mean, WHAT pop artist these days will complain about 8 million WW copies sold? I'd like to meet anyone that would b---h and moan about it.

To me, in every other interview I've seen with her, she seems very confident about how the album performed and has no issues with pulling out the numbers. I can't imagine she suddenly changed that for this interview, especially now that she has the sell-out tour to rub in the face of critics.

Americano

I think people are misinterpreting her. She was saying the music is equal, not that acoustic music is trash.

Not really. The interviewer is being really ignorant by implying electronic music is fake music and by lying about the mix reviews. Most of the album reviews were positive. Couldn't Gaga just cancel the while Vogue thing eww.

oh! yes, you're right ;)

Sorry but sometimes my mixed feelings about Born This Way make me ignore things like the real attitude of this interviewer. :laughga:

btw didnt receive MIXED REVIEWS! :grr:

It has a metascore of 71!

50-60 are mixed reviews! (Katy Perry, Xtina)

Yeah, that's the only thing that gets me: "enthusiastically mixed reviews." First, lol, what is that even implying? It's not very clear, but regardless, speaking *empirically* it got GOOD reviews. Stellar? No. But for a mainstream pop album by an artist of her stature, it did really, really well. Calling the reception mixed is playing into an already misleading narrative that's been built up, not investigating that narrative like this interviewer should be doing.

But otherwise it seems a very level-headed and fair interview. LOL at people always thinking anything less that a fawning rave is "shade."

I don't know how to make neither acoustic nor electronic music, but this: "if you don’t really understand how to make electronic music, it might be much easier for you to write it off as low-brow." is true. You can't really criticize something which process of creation you don't know. I know the radio may be blown-up with dance/pop/club music that doesn't seem to have any outstanding qualities to it. But when it's made by musicians that know the structures of music and know how to compose, then the results can me remarkable. Gaga is one of those people.

Many electronic music producers like Matt Lange, Above and Beyond, Jamie xx, Scuba, Andrew Bayer, Paul Oakenfold, ect know how to compose therefore their productions are always top notch and breathe the passion they were created with.

That's The Truth Tea, Gaga! "8 million records sold." Love the attitude and overflowing confidence. :nacho:

I get that GaGa wanted the BTWB to be more classic... but did she ever consider that having NO video screens means the people in the back of the stadiums won't even be able to distinguish her from the rest of the dancers? :smh:

The BTWB actually does have video screens showing her and the dancers. What she meant was that she doesn't have video backdrops.

Redstreak

I love Adele but how is she the voice of our generation?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived