Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Adele break Britney's record?

Creyk

Will Adele break Britney's record?   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adele break Britney's record?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Creyk

As you all know, Britney Spears' Oops! … I Did It Again opened with 1.319 million, and remained the biggest opening week by a female ever since. Last year there was lots of buzz about Taylor's 1989 maybe breaking the record, but it missed the mark. However, Adele is on another level. If anyone, she can do it. However, we are in 2015, and sales keep declining. Do you think it can happen?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagamel

If people actually realize she is releasing her album, then yes. Right now the only people that know are music stans.

Fiona Apple

I think that we expect too much from her. Her album will obviously smash but not that much...I think that it will be really big after its release but it will die quickly. Hope it's good.I stan for Adele since 2009-10

RAMROD

It would great if that happened, I think.

I mean, a real musician that actually sells music. :gaycat:

Adele's crowds are very much general, she can make it,

cos her music are accepted well by everyone, any gender, any race, any age.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bitter

Yes it will but it's not gonna have longevity.

It's chart run will be similar to btw, it will be very successful overall but mostly because of the initial hype.

Streaming is so huge right now so unless she bans it from streaming during its debut a la 1989 there's no way she can beat the record.

Bitter

Streaming is so huge right now so unless she bans it from streaming during its debut a la 1989 there's no way she can beat the record.

she will.

ShockPop

Depends on the lead single. That should be coming in a few weeks, let's see if she promotes it or let's it out on its own. 

Potentially she could have a 4m first week.

Dangerous Man

I'll get disappointed if she won't. Those 11 million US sales of 21 are just enormous. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SlaeUrAnus

Yes.

Adele caters almost every type of fan from Pop, RnB, Soul, Adult Contemporary to even hardcore - that is how much people admire and respect her. 

She'll shock people in my opinion. If she heavily promotes the lead single before the release and plays her cards right, she will easily beat Britney's record. 

Don't underestimate Adele. 

In my messy era.

Versace

21 is over , she has just as luck as anyone as talented as her and there are many people with great voices especially now a days , 21 came at a time where raw vocal talent was overlooked it's not that way anymore. Regardless if we have more basic hits more than ever before , unique and powerful voices now a days are a huge sell as it's getting harder to be distinctive , we're no longer in an age where you won't get dragged for auto tune or lip syncing.

Yes Adele is still a big name , the impact of 21 cannot be forgotten but i'm just saying don't expect her to break records constantly and in no time, the bar is higher than ever before. How much do i predict for her, well i have no clue on how the sound is but i can guess from now that she won't be going platinum in one week.  

Creyk

If people actually realize she is releasing her album, then yes. Right now the only people that know are music stans.

Depends on the lead single. That should be coming in a few weeks, let's see if she promotes it or let's it out on its own. 

Potentially she could have a 4m first week.

The lead single is  rumored to come at the start of november, so that will give her the publicity she needs

Archived