šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

New Nintendo president, already making big changes

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

This morning Nintendo announced thatĀ Tatsumi Kimishima is taking over as President of the company, and although he says heĀ won't change Iwata's basic strategies, he definitely has his own ideas about how the company should be run. Under Kimishima's leadership, Nintendo has announced a massive restructure for the company, including the merging of key branches, the creation of a new branch, and new roles for prominent executives like Shigeru Miyamoto.

Ā 

Firstly, Nintendo is combining the Nintendo Integrated Research & Development Division (responsible for everything related to producing Nintendo's console hardware and associated peripherals) and the Nintendo System Development Division (which handles Nintendo Network service programming and System Development Kits) into one new branch called the Platform Technology Development Division. This new group will be in charge of the development of Nintendo hardware, operating systems, development tools, and network. The newly-formed division will be overseen by Ko Shiota, formerly the Deputy General Manager of Nintendo Integrated Research and Development Division.

Ā 

Next up, the Entertainment ****ysis & Development Division and the Software Planning Division, Nintendo's two main game development branches, are being merged into one large development group called the Entertainment Planning & Development Division. Shinya Takahashi, the former General Manager of the Software Planning Division, will be in charge of this team branch.

Ā 

Additionally, Nintendo has established a new branch called the Business Development Division. This new division will be responsible for "refining the business model for the dedicated video game system business," while also overseeing Nintendo's smart phone plans and IP licensing.

Ā 

Under this restructure, Shigeru Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda will have new roles as well. Miyamoto and Takeda were previously the General Managers of Nintendo EAD and IRD respectively, but those two branches no longer exist. They will continue to serve as Representative Directors and Senior Managing Directors, but not as General Managers. Instead, Miyamoto is now listed as "Creative Fellow" and Takeda as "Technology Fellow," with "Fellow" defined as "An individual selected from among the Representative Directors who has advanced knowledge and extensive experience, and holds the role of providing advice and guidance regarding organizational operations in a specialized area." In other words, while they are still Representative Directors, their role will be closer to a consultant than a hands-on manager.

Ā 

All of these changes will officially go into effect on September 16th, 2015.

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendos-new-president-has-announced-a-massive-restructure-for-the-company

Ā 

I'm liking what I see, I hope he does well

Ā 

gdeIaGU.png?1

Ā 

Ā 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Nintendo coming for blood.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

That is really good,

hope it will help the company to rise once again! :applause:

Ā 

By the way, what are those censored words though? :laughga:

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Riot Poof

Ā 

By the way, what are those censored words though? :laughga:

Ā 

Ana lysis (remove the space)

I didn't realize that GGD censored an*l.Ā :giveup:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived