Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want to see some breathy, subdued, alternative songs on LG5.

Chic

Featured Posts

With electronic, trap and R&B incorporation.

I want to see something vocally impressive/unique and crystal clear. I want pristine production. I want something alone the lines of Beyonce's Ghost/Haunted, FKA twigs' Pendulum/Figure 8/Glass and Patron/Two Weeks, Lana Del Rey's High By The Beach, Tinashe's 2 On, etc.

This would put her into new territory, expanding on her electronic sound without being too similar to her previous work as it's minimal, but harks back in a clever way. The majority of the album could be totally pop, but I want two or three songs to have an impressive sound like this. Switching up her sound like this for a few songs could get her credibility for the expansion of her horizons, and songs with these sounds are generally praised and well received by critics and fans alike.

She could even incorporate drums and rock-sounding nuances such as FKA twigs did in the final chorus of "I'm Your Doll". You can say this isn't her sound, but why can't it be? Who says she wouldn't be able to do something like this? After all, I would never think Gaga would work on a song like Posh Life, but lo and behold, she's a natural at it.

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDP9MKVhZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjw_8RpoNI

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KyliesChild

With electronic, trap and R&B incorporation.

I want to see something vocally impressive/unique and crystal clear. I want pristine production. I want something alone the lines of Beyonce's Ghost/Haunted, FKA twigs' Pendulum/Figure 8/Glass and Patron/Two Weeks, Lana Del Rey's High By The Beach, Tinashe's 2 On, etc.

This would put her into new territory, expanding on her electronic sound without being too similar to her previous work as it's minimal, but harks back in a clever way. The majority of the album could be totally pop, but I want two or three songs to have an impressive sound like this. Switching up her sound like this for a few songs could get her credibility for the expansion of her horizons, and songs with these sounds are generally praised and well received by critics and fans alike.

She could even incorporate drums and rock-sounding nuances such as FKA twigs did in the final chorus of "I'm Your Doll". You can say this isn't her sound, but why can't it be? Who says she wouldn't be able to do something like this? After all, I would never think Gaga would work on a song like Posh Life, but lo and behold, she's a natural at it.

What do you think?

FKA Twigs influence? Hell yes. Lana influence? No. I would totally be here for it. I would love to hear what Gaga would do with that.

FKA Twigs influence? Hell yes. Lana inspiration? No. I would totally be here for it. I would love to hear what Gaga would do with that.

Did you just see "Lana" or did you note the song I mentioned specifically? 

Whispering

No thank you. Not really Gaga's style and doesn't play to her strengths as a vocalist. 

KyliesChild

Did you just see "Lana" or did you note the song I mentioned specifically? 

Yes I did. And I would not be here for a “High By The Beach" sound. For a Beyonce's “Ghost" or FKA Twigs influence like “I'm Your Doll" I would.

No thank you. Not really Gaga's style and doesn't play to her strengths as a vocalist. 

No, it isn't her style, but she experiments with a different genre on each album. DWUW was out of the blue for Gaga. Also, a subdued sound would allow her to express many aspects of her vocals.

Yes I did. And I would not be here for a “High By The Beach" sound. For a Beyonce's “Ghost" or FKA Twigs influence like “I'm Your Doll" I would.

I guess we disagree on the Lana part, then. I would much rather see Gaga take influence from FKA twigs anyway.

Harry

Not necessarily trap but I would love for her to explore a much more mellow electronic sound, even if just for a few songs. Some atmospheric production would be a nice change and would allow her vocals to breathe and shine through unlike the loud electronic production on most of her songs so far. I've wanted something in this manner from her for a while now. It would be interesting, and certainly now with the AHS dark influence.

I wouldn't really call I'm Your Doll/Glass & Patron etc 'subdued', though.

Not necessarily trap but I would love for her to explore a much more mellow electronic sound, even if just for a few songs. Some atmospheric production would be a nice change and would allow her vocals to breathe and shine through unlike the loud electronic production on most of her songs so far. I've wanted something in this manner from her for a while now. It would be interesting, and certainly now with the AHS dark influence.

I wouldn't really call I'm Your Doll/Glass & Patron etc 'subdued', though.

I agree, and true about "I'm Your Doll", but I did mention specifically that the drums in the final chorus from that would work into her sound, not the subdued aspect necessarily (or lack thereof).

some Trip-Hop (FKA Twigs) would be nice. Here for a more Alternative sound.

House would be nice too :)

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

some Trip-Hop (FKA Twigs) would be nice. Here for a more Alternative sound.

House would be nice too :)

Ooh, house! That's coming back in vogue too.

Funnily enough, Vogue is a house song :stalkga:

Archived