đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Microsoft announces Groove music streaming service

Tokyo Rose

Featured Posts

Tokyo Rose

Microsoft has been offering a music streaming service for years through it's Xbox platform, but now they will be offering music streaming across many platforms.

Although many will complain they are just mirroring what Apple has done with Apple Music, competition is always a good thing for driving innovation and fulfilling the demand for music streaming for diverse audiences. :yes:

Xbox-Music-App-Windows-10-642x481.pngGroove1.jpg

"We’re proud to introduce the evolution of our current Xbox Music experience, now titled Groove, with new features we think you’re going to love," Microsoft said today. This, by the way, finally explains why the icon for the Music app in Windows 10 changed in recent builds to what looked like a CD or record, stylized as the letter 'G'.

But why 'Groove'? Microsoft says: "Groove describes what people feel and do with music, and is more intuitive for our Windows 10 customers on what they’ll find with the app."

It's more than just a name change too - Microsoft posted an overview of new features on the way in Groove:

The Look and Feel: Groove provides an improved experience for listening to and managing your music in Windows 10. Getting into music is faster than ever with easy-to-use menus and navigation controls that work well with both mouse/keyboard, and with familiar touch gestures on touch-screen devices. Pinch to zoom in or out of different views, drag your favorite tracks in to playlists, hover over the Taskbar icon for playback controls, or right click for contextual menus to pin an album to your Start menu. And you can also infuse your personality in to Groove – choose a light or dark theme for the app depending on your mood, or pick an accent color in Windows Settings and the Groove app makes it shine.

Accessing Your Music on your favorite devices: We’re also making it easy to access your content across your favorite devices – with built-in OneDrive integration making your favorite songs only a few clicks away. Upload all your MP3’s to OneDrive, even songs purchased from iTunes, and access them all for free with the Groove app on your Windows devices, Xbox, the web — and even on your Android phones and iPhones (coming soon).

Music and the Windows Store: You can also sign up for a Groove Music Pass subscription – a premium ad-free listening experience with no interruptions. $9.99/month or $99/year gets you complete access to stream and download music from the Windows Store — one of the largest music catalogs on the planet with over 40 million tracks*. Subscribers can also create custom radio stations based on their favorite songs, albums and artists. If you already have an Xbox Music Pass  – don’t worry! This will become Groove Music Pass and you don’t need to do anything.

Source

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red

Soon McDonald's will announce their streaming service 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Spyro

Soon McDonald's will be announce their streaming service 

introducing the McStream ( ͡° ͜ʖ   ͡° )

Spyro the Dragon

Head Empty

I love how modern day society is stimulating innovation and creativity.

Fizzy

Omg stop with so many streaming services. It's gonna flop like Tidal.. Microsoft. 

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

honza

Soon McDonald's will be announce their streaming service 

Microsoft has had a streaming service since like 2008 with Zune :lmao: Then it became Xbox Music and now it's basically just improved and renamed to Groove so...

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Red

Microsoft has had a streaming service since like 2008 with Zune :lmao: Then it became Xbox Music and now it's basically just improved and renamed

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

Good for them, Microsoft the real pioneer! What about the 3217423194712349 other companies that announced similar services this year? :rip: 

Tokyo Rose

It's gonna flop like Tidal.. Microsoft. 

It won't be a total flop, as many are already using the service through Xbox music, and will be transferred over to the new service. So they have a built-in consumer base unlike Tidle

AJH219

Time to get into the Groove

I know its off topic, but I couldn't resist 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

honza

Good for them, Microsoft the real pioneer! What about the 3217423194712349 other companies that announced similar services this year? :rip: 

I was just commenting on the fact that everybody's like "b---h they are copying Spotify and Tidal and Apple Music and 864685434 other companies" when in fact their were one of the first ones to do that :lmao: 

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Red

Time to get into the Groove

Off topic but I've just got the "what's wrong, Madonna, can't get into the groove?" joke they made in Gaga's appearance in SNL in 2009 :rip: 

nikola

lol another one....how many conpany's will anounce their streaming service.....soon even taco bell will have one xDD

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Fusel

All this would be exciting if I liked streaming :( I don't know, I can't get used to it. It's just not the way I consume music

Archived