💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Marvel Comics: Cancelling 33 issues after Secret Wars/MEET THE NEW AVENGERS

Xgongiviguess

Featured Posts

Xgongiviguess

MarvelSecretWars.jpg?itok=M-PObFE-

"Secret Wars" is a 2015 comic book storyline published by Marvel Comics. It is not to be confused with the original but similarly-named 1984-1985 miniseries. Beginning on May 6, 2015, the storyline will include a core Secret Wars mini-series, written byJonathan Hickman and drawn by Esad Ribić, that will pick up from where the "Time Runs Out" storyline running in Avengers and New Avengers ends.

The storyline involves the Marvel Universe combining with various other alternate universes (including the Ultimate Marvel, Age of Apocalypse and Marvel 2099 universes) into Battleworld, a world that exhibits aspects of the various universes. This results in a new, single universe that will become the status quo for Marvel Comics, similar to how DC Comics restructured its universe in storylines such as Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The core limited series will be eight issues long, and will likely run for five months. The mini series are in three categories which are Battleworld, Warzones, and Last Days. One of the core miniseries is Ultimate End which will end the Ultimate Marvel imprint after 15 years. Ultimate End is written by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Mark Bagley, the team that began the Ultimate Marvel universe with Ultimate Spider-Man

Cancelled Comics

All-New Captain America
All-New Ghost Rider
All-New X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing X-Men
Angela: Asgard’s Assassin
Avengers
Avengers World
Captain Marvel
Cyclops
Deadpool
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Guardians 3000
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hulk
Inhuman
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon
Legendary Star-Lord
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man
New Avengers
Nightcrawler
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Secret Avengers
Spider-Man & The X-Men
Spider-Man 2099
Storm
Superior Iron Man
Thor
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverines
X-Men

As for the remaining titles, someone from Marvel has stated:

"Secret Wars will affect every title in some way shape or form, so you can definitely expect Spider-Gwen, Howard the Duck, All-New Hawkeye and others to deal with it in their own ways," he said, also adding, "Some may take a hiatus for a month or two (something the industry is accustomed to); some will reach their “616 finale;” some become Battleworld transformed; and still others…well we’ll get to those!"

Secret Wars #1 was released May 6th! Who's reading the event?

250px-Secret_Wars.jpg

Xgongiviguess

a source leaked this cover of the new rebooted Avengers, titled ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS

the team consists of Iron Man (but not Tony Stark, presumably Pepper) Thor, The Vision, Nova, Ultimate Spiderman (Miles Morales) Ms. Marvel and Captain America (Previously known as Falcon) 

4474361-all-new_all-different_avengers_f

bionic

Marvel doing the most to make their comics more like the MCU? Well I never. :neyde: 

buy bionic

Dangerous Man

I didn't know there are still many people who read comics. :neyde:

I still read mangas tho. :green:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Xgongiviguess

Marvel doing the most to make their comics more like the MCU? Well I never. :neyde: 

​well at least we'll be done with all the universes tbh. they're ending several characters and team affiliations and making one big jumble of all their favorite characters from all the universes into one... inb4 they wanna make more money soon and do some major event again to split the universes :neyde: Comics nowadays are SOOO frustrating, tbh Imma stick to my 70s and prior X-Men and major arcs and my MCU movies. thanks. 

bionic

​well at least we'll be done with all the universes tbh. they're ending several characters and team affiliations and making one big jumble of all their favorite characters from all the universes into one... inb4 they wanna make more money soon and do some major event again to split the universes :neyde: Comics nowadays are SOOO frustrating, tbh Imma stick to my 70s and prior X-Men and major arcs and my MCU movies. thanks. 

​Tony Stark will be the lead character in every run :neyde:

The Inhumans will have an unnecessarily large impact :neyde:

Coulson will appear in everything :neyde: 

buy bionic

Xgongiviguess

I didn't know there are still many people who read comics. :neyde:

I still read mangas tho. :green:

​there are, but it costs you around 200$ a month if you wanna stay up to date with EVERYTHING that's going on. so people like me stick to major stories and iconic events and ditch the rest. unless there's a character I'm really interested in like Kitty Pryde AKA Shadowcat then I trace back her history and read her comics

ryhanna

a source leaked this cover of the new rebooted Avengers, titled ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS

the team consists of Iron Man (but not Tony Stark, presumably Pepper) Thor, The Vision, Nova, Ultimate Spiderman (Miles Morales) Ms. Marvel and Captain America (Previously known as Falcon) 

4474361-all-new_all-different_avengers_f

​What a title.

Xgongiviguess

​Tony Stark will be the lead character in every run :neyde:

The Inhumans will have an unnecessarily large impact :neyde:

Coulson will appear in everything :neyde: 

​they're saying it's not Tony in the Iron Man suit anymore so could we be saying goodbye to Tony Stark for good???? I wouldn't keep my hopes up. if Pepper is really in the Iron Man suit she'll probably dig up his body and revive him a few months later. Nobody ever stays dead in Marvel comics, still dreading the unavoidable return of Wolverine :neyde: and smh at the fact that no one had heard of the Inhumans as they had had their solo run with a few minor tie ins with AOS til Marvel made them this major affiliation so people will read about them before the movie :lolly: 

Xgongiviguess

​What a title.

​well Uncanny, Astonishing, Amazing, All-New, and every other adjective in the Oxford dictionary was taken over the years :lmao: 

Snowyrain

Did you even read the first issue guys ? Like calm down a bit :neyde:

It was perfect btw :neyde:

Xgongiviguess

Did you even read the first issue guys ? Like calm down a bit :neyde:

It was perfect btw :neyde:

​recap me on what's going on? who died so far and how it's shaping up to be? :lolly: 

Xgongiviguess

People still do read comics like these?

Shocked 

2015 Comic Book Sales Figures
Comics Sold to North American Comics Shops as Reported by Diamond Comic Distributors

OVERALL North American Dollar Sales for Diamond's Comics, Trade Paperbacks, and Magazines for 2015 through MARCH 
around $128 million
(up 9.63% year-over-year)

it's a gigantic business. it's never gonna die. 

Creyk

​2015 Comic Book Sales Figures
Comics Sold to North American Comics Shops as Reported by Diamond Comic Distributors

OVERALL North American Dollar Sales for Diamond's Comics, Trade Paperbacks, and Magazines for 2015 through MARCH 
around $128 million
(up 9.63% year-over-year)

it's a gigantic business. it's never gonna die. 

​that is so cool, I would have never thought!

Maybe it's an american thing...?

Archived