💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Yooka-Laylee - A Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor

uo111

Featured Posts

uo111

yookatweetjpg-ec2c31.jpg

"Yooka-Laylee is an all-new 3D platformer from the creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games. We’ve come together to form Playtonic Games and create a spiritual successor to our most cherished work from the past!

Our new heroes, Yooka (the green bloke with no pants) and Laylee (the wisecracking lady-bat with the big nose) were conceptualised from the ground up for stellar platforming gameplay, created by the same character artist behind the rebooted Donkey Kong family and legendary N64 heroes Banjo and Kazooie.

Using an arsenal of special moves like Yooka’s tongue grapple and Laylee’s tactical sonar blast, players will explore – and expand – gorgeous 3D worlds drawn up by esteemed environment artist Steven Hurst (Banjo-Kazooie series, Viva Pinata) and through skill discover the plethora of delicious collectibles hidden within."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

So I never played Banjo-Kazooie, but I did play Donkey Kong. This games started showing up on youtube channels I follow in part because it features a lot of members from the old Rare team, but also because it is supposedly the fastest funded kickstarter ever.

It has reached it's goal about 10 times over. And the game itself looks like it could be pretty fun. Not to mention that giving about 20 dollars essentially buys you the game on any platform you want.

I haven't backed the project but I've been thinking about it so I thought I'd share it here too.

Doncho

I was following this before the reveal of the characters. This is going to be AWESOME! So happy their kickstarter campaign was a succes!

I love Banjo Kazooie, Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 :excited2:

EDIT: Oh and Yooka is adorable

Katsuki Bakugo

I was following this before the reveal of the characters. This is going to be AWESOME! So happy their kickstarter campaign was a succes!

​I agree with everything said here

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

uo111

​He like, really is though.

I thought Yooka would be the girl and Laylee would be the boy at first because he is so cute and the she really isn't. But that can be a good thing.

Staryu

"Yooka-Laylee will feature a truly mouth-watering (ear-leaking?) soundtrack created in collaboration by three of gaming’s greatest composers, the legendary David Wise (Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing), equally esteemed Banjo-Kazooie composer Grant Kirkhope (Viva Piñata, GoldenEye 007) and Banjo sound effects supremo Steve Burke(Kameo: Elements of Power)."

PaiyC11.gif

Doncho

"Yooka-Laylee will feature a truly mouth-watering (ear-leaking?) soundtrack created in collaboration by three of gaming’s greatest composers, the legendary David Wise (Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing), equally esteemed Banjo-Kazooie composer Grant Kirkhope (Viva Piñata, GoldenEye 007) and Banjo sound effects supremo Steve Burke(Kameo: Elements of Power)."

PaiyC11.gif

I know, right? He is awesome! Just listen to his music track on the page, its magical :worship:

Archived