YSL

Featured Posts

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gagz

Desperate attempt to stay relevant

​She obviously is since you're literally constantly talking about her :gayhat:

Oh the the two faced hatefull desperate comments are still going on? Despite all the great posts earlier? Oh well... Some people :) I suppose they prefer staying pressed and have serious problems with reading comprehension :)

lego

​

I never said "using for sales" or "the reason for the collab"... but it certainly doesn't hurt older artists to feature younger ones to gain exposure to new audiences and put out something interesting together.

I am a huge fan of Madonna and a huge fan of Gaga... not gonna apologize for it either! I am not a blind fan either, if something sucks by either artist, I will say it (and reiterate that I thought this particular 'Ghosttown' performance of Madonna's wasn't that good vocally)

See you around, detective, lol

You said "Well at least Madonna isn't doing duets albums to get larger sales, *cough, cough* "; and you said it was about Tony.

"To get larger sales" sounds like that was his motive to do C2C with Gaga. And I disagreed with you.:shrug:

Now go to that George Michael thread, so we can agree on something. :hills:

FreePalestine

StrawberryBlond

Man, that was cringey. Taylor had no purpose being there - she was just someone relevant for Madonna to associate with in an effort to be cool and make her single take off (which it won't). She should have realised by now that this tactic stopped working after 4 Minutes with JT. Working with youths won't make your music successful again, Madge - just do your solo thing with conviction and stop embarrassing yourself by teaming up with every hot young thing only for the song it's supporting to go down the drain.

READ BACK Y'ALL

Me and several other users have given plenty of examples of Madonna working with other "current" stars back in the eighties, nineties and 00's. It's just what she likes to do, she has always done it but now, because she's over 50 it's "latching on for fame" and "desperate". It's not. She has ALWAYS done it, or was she also "desperate" back when SHE was the hottest artist on the planet in the eighties? You girls will never learn, will you? 

​Actually, it is possible to be desperate when you're a successful artist too. You have the fear your career could be over at any time and you'll be replaced, so you have to collab with relevant acts so you're relevant by association. This tactic has always been one of Madonna's favourites - latch on to whoever's successful to extend your own fame. The only duet she ever did with someone older than her was Now I'm Following You with Warren Beatty, which was a non-single on the side project, I'm Breathless, a soundtrack for a film. Every other collab she's done is with someone younger. That means there's a clear plan here. I find it hard to believe that the only artists she likes/admires are the ones that are current. It is an artist's instinct to work with people from their generation (who are on their wavelength) or work with people older than them (as they have more extensive artistic experience), but someone younger? What can they teach? What insight do they have that you haven't already gained? I wouldn't mind her doing these collabs with young artists if they actually WORKED. But they've not proved fruitful post-4 Minutes. So why does she keep doing them?

jojuun

I wouldn't mind her doing these collabs with young artists if they actually WORKED. But they've not proved fruitful post-4 Minutes. So why does she keep doing them?

​Well I think you, Mr. Smartypants, have just answered your own question. If they're not that huge anyway, why would she continue doing them? Maybe ... uh oh ... Because she likes them and wants to do it?

Get a grip. And don't even try your so-called Madonna knowledge (bringing up Warren) on me because I will rip you a new one. I know her career inside and out. She likes doing them, period. No one is saying anything about Paul McCartney working with younger artists. No one is talking about him or Mick Jagger dating younger women, but she's a sl*t because she dates younger guys.

It's an ageist society. Don't even bother to argue.

bionic

redacted

​Which one of Madonna's peers is she going to collab with? She's already done Prince. Michael Jackson and Whitney are dead. Janet Jackson is busy enjoying her royal husband.

buy bionic

AgusPop

Taylor Swift only played the Guitar  :toofunny:  Sorry but that was weird and unnecessary

btw, I like the song. It should be the lead single.

StrawberryBlond

​Well I think you, Mr. Smartypants, have just answered your own question. If they're not that huge anyway, why would she continue doing them? Maybe ... uh oh ... Because she likes them and wants to do it?
Get a grip. And don't even try your so-called Madonna knowledge (bringing up Warren) on me because I will rip you a new one. I know her career inside and out. She likes doing them, period. No one is saying anything about Paul McCartney working with younger artists. No one is talking about him or Mick Jagger dating younger women, but she's a sl*t because she dates younger guys.

It's an ageist society. Don't even bother to argue.

​That's Miss Smartypants to you. I didn't say the artists aren't huge, I said that the songs she makes with them haven't been successful lately. She keeps doing them in a desperate attempt to get another Me Against The Music or 4 Minutes, which is another tactic of hers - keep doing the same thing over and over until it's successful. I'm not trying to impress with my Madonna knowledge, I'm just stating truths. And actually, I do have an issue with Paul McCartney duetting with young artists and Mick Jagger dating young women. Both of them are being ridiculously desperate and need to embrace their age. You can embrace your age and still have fun, make good music and date. You don't have to find the fountain of youth to do these things in a credible way. I'm not ageist or s-xist, so you're fighting a losing battle here.

darkwolf

Actually, it is possible to be desperate when you're a successful artist too. You have the fear your career could be over at any time and you'll be replaced, so you have to collab with relevant acts so you're relevant by association. This tactic has always been one of Madonna's favourites - latch on to whoever's successful to extend your own fame. The only duet she ever did with someone older than her was Now I'm Following You with Warren Beatty, which was a non-single on the side project, I'm Breathless, a soundtrack for a film. Every other collab she's done is with someone younger. That means there's a clear plan here. I find it hard to believe that the only artists she likes/admires are the ones that are current. It is an artist's instinct to work with people from their generation (who are on their wavelength) or work with people older than them (as they have more extensive artistic experience), but someone younger? What can they teach? What insight do they have that you haven't already gained? I wouldn't mind her doing these collabs with young artists if they actually WORKED. But they've not proved fruitful post-4 Minutes. So why does she keep doing them?

​News flash: because she does contemporary pop music, I doubt she will find someone older than her doing the same type of music she does. :ohwell:

AgusPop

I'm glad Gaga never accepted to collaborate with Madonna and to make a fool of herself like Taylor just did in that performance. Didn't she feel used?

Vernier

The essays and the people acting like they're inside Madonna's head, knowing her thoughts are hilarious :air:

"She once joked privately about Alejandro to a friend". Righthhhht :smh: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived