💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When did Gaga stop being "cool"

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

I literally knew nothing about Gaga until I became a fan in 2011 so I don't know how she was viewed back then. Was she ever cool and if so what made her lose her cool factor? I don't even know how to define cool. I guess I always though of cool music as the stuff the popular kids in school listen to and what you would hear at parties/pre-gaming and clubs. Its a term that doesn't really hold any meaning once you are past your teens/early twenties so its not like I care about any of this. I'm just wondering.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Pinkman

It started with the Alejandro video and took off during the BTW era.

It's science, bitch

Katie14

Why though? Was it too weird? Was it the be yourself, love yourself message? Hasn't she always been weird and have those messages?

Bloody

Meat dress, the whole gay thing, born this way/express yourself comparison, judas video,btw ball cancellation, her recovering from hip injury,ARTPOP mess, swine vomit performance made the gp go away.

I still believe she's cool. :monsterpaw:

djBuffoon

The GP was on the fence with her since day one, the easily listenable dance-pop being an element that most could get into. But the meat dress (although an iconic moment in pop culture) seemed to be the last straw for many basics general listeners. It still bothers people to this day, hence what makes it a  significant outfit.

Pure Adrenaline

February 11th 2011 ...... :proud:

and she become no one on April 15th 2011 :proud: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Jester

I think when she started preaching self-acceptance and started talking about the gays a lot during BTW :spin:

RAMROD

60709163.jpg

When her gay power is undeniable,

that even the gym gays (who mostly straight acting lulz) afraid of her.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mariann

I think it's very subjective but when you are new and exciting you are definitely considered "cooler" than later when you've been around for years and become a household name.

I don't know. I feel like I am also too old to understand or care about it. :rip: 

barcodemonster

Alejandro video/ looks, the meat dress media coverage probably annoyed people and made her look like an attention seeker. When she came back with BTW time had passed and everyone was waiting for the single, then the era started..need I say more? I think the peak of her un cool-ness would have been around the end of the BTW era or start of ARTPOP, ever since 2015 started it genuinely feels ok to even mention her again..

scan my barcode

Archived