news

Arthur Fogel: Gaga not confirmed to perform at Selma

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HighwayGuy

inb4 all we get is low quality Instagram videos like what happened with some other shows in the past :flop:

Juanjo

The article doesn't really say if they'll be performing together. I really hope DWUW is not the song, or one of the songs, Gaga chooses for this event. I love it, so much, but I don't think it would be appropriate. I trust Gaga and her team will make the right decision. 

Schwerk

I can't at people thinking they'll perform DWUW together. No matter what interpretation, this song doesn't fit the remembrance of people fighting for equality. 

Born this way would make more sense but she might perform something written by someone else. Or a jazz standard. Strange fruit would be amazing:

I think R.Kelly might perform The world's greatest or I believe I can fly.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Gagaloo911

DWUW performance is so not happening like what even :smh:

just a coincidence her and R Kelly will both be there prolly. Interested to see what she will perform though!

Hola Soraya

OMG I can smell the meltdowns! :popcorn: Perched!

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

NewYorkCity

WOW, we can't have a break!! I love it!!! :party: 

It is just so amazing how she is keeping her image fresh and good in between eras... they are doing an amazing job :applause: 

SEANGT

oh god is she the only white person this is going to be awkward. She probably shouldn't do it, they should promote black voices but I'm still excited if she's gonna do something good lol. 

spanishmonster

I want her to perfom TIHTY and BTW studio version.

buy stupid love on itunes

SKANK

I can't at people thinking they'll perform DWUW together. No matter what interpretation, this song doesn't fit the remembrance of people fighting for equality. 

Born this way would make more sense but she might perform something written by someone else. Or a jazz standard. Strange fruit would be amazing:

I think R.Kelly might perform The world's greatest or I believe I can fly.

​I doubt Gaga and R. Kelly would perform Do What U Want, but it's not as irrational an idea as you are making it out to be. "You can't have my heart, and you won't use my mind, but do what you want with my body" actually sounds like a line straight out of the journal of a Freedom Rider or Andrew Goodman's epitaph. Do What U Want (minus R. Kelly's verse) wouldn't be that strange considering the event, Gaga's acoustic version would be pretty spot on. 

I highly doubt Gaga could ever do justice to Strange Fruit, she doesn't have the soul required.  

Considering what she has done in the past a cover of Lennon's Imagine would be appropriate, or an acapella rendition of The Star Spangled Banner. If she wants to cover a song directly relating to civil rights movement a cover of one of Nina Simone's folkier anthems would be great. (Go Limp, Mississippi Goddamn, The King of Love Is Dead, I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free.)

Archived