💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Lana Del Rey

Branson

Featured Posts

Danny Boy

Shades Of Cool starts off with lonely sounding guitars that builds up an eerie and intense atmosphere. Lana’s voice breaks through the mist with a fragile “My baby lives in… shades of blue.â€

The song is written with a 6/8 time signature so just like Million Dollar Man there’s jazz/waltz influences, however much slower and stripped back with only guitars and her one layer of vocals during the verses.

The song slowly builds up during the pre-chorus. The guitar picking is then replaced with slow shimmering chords as Lana sings “he lives for love, he loves his d--gs.†The pre-chorus flows slowly until she ends the section with “his strange weather….†and then a moment of silence.

The song breaks into a beautiful flowery 70s-inspired indie rock merry-go-round-esque chorus. The drums come in and the iconic Born To Die strings make a triumphant return. It’s hard not to imagine Lana spinning Stevie Nicks-style in a flower garden or on the beach when listening to this chorus. Piano notes twinkle in the background layers as Lana sings over the live instruments: “but you are invincible. I can’t break through your world.â€

The music carries on into the second verse and pre-chorus. The electric guitars are even more present in the second chorus. The old school ‘wub wub wub’ of the guitar strings embellish the already beautiful vintage sounding chorus.

The song intensifies even further during the bridge. The song turns into a thunderous mass of electric guitar and loud drums. The chaotic bridge is wild enough to transport anyone back to the live rock concerts of the 70s. The fantastic guitar solo is s-xy enough to have Lana grinding during her performance.

The music dies down at the end as Lana songs ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ as it fades into silence, presumably the solemn conclusion to the calm, wild, calm narrative of the song. This song is a great choice as a promotional single and is arguably many times better than West Coast.

This track is what you would expect Cruel World to sound like. There are many more surprises waiting on the album, we will just have to wait until June to experience all of them.

:excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:  :excited2:

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

I'm looking through this thread to find again that link to all her leaked unreleased stuff but I can't find ! 

Can someone post it ?

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

JudasInTheDark

Are we positive that "Shades Of Cool" is going on iTunes tomorrow?? Because usually songs are released on Tuesdays...

Blue Jeans

Are we positive that "Shades Of Cool" is going on iTunes tomorrow?? Because usually songs are released on Tuesdays...

its a promo single, remember how all of the ARTPOP promo singles came out on a monday ? so i'm pretty sure we'll get it tomorrow

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Antoni

Madonna's supposedly releasing something tomorrow, too, and Mondays are not uncommon for new music.

My name isn't Timmers

Hexxx

Madonna's supposedly releasing something tomorrow, too, and Mondays are not uncommon for new music.

:excited: :excited: :excited: yes im so excited two of my queens releasing new music

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

RyanBall

West Coast has grown on me so much since the new version was released. I'm hoping Shades of Cool is even better  :ohno:

Hexxx

OMG Shades Of Cool is sooo damn goood :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

There is a third snippet (4 seconds), can't post it

The song has leaked/been released in full.

Helix

Shades of Cool is so eerie, I love it.

Like this is what I was expecting from Ultraviolence. (Not saying West Coast isn't great, because it is and I love it but ya)

I can't wait to see how the rest of the album turns out. I'm really enjoying the more minimal production (Probably incorrect description but w/e) of the album so far

~~
Is it true that the iTunes version of UV will have a 15th track called "Is This Happiness"??

ShadesOfCool

Yes, it's true. You can already pre order Ultraviolence in some countries

Archived