💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry talks about suicidal thoughts after split with Russel Brand

AIex

Featured Posts

1415651448214_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap

'Thoughts but never actions': Katy Perry revealed on The Project on Monday night in pre-recorded interview that she was in a very dark place when she began writing her album Prism and contemplated suicide

Singing superstar Katy Perry didn't shy away from talking about her private pain, in an Australian television interview on Monday night.

Chatting to The Project host Rove McManus backstage at the Perth Arena ahead her Prismatic concert last week, the pop star opened up about the depths of her depression following her split from husband, British comedian Russell Brand.

'It was sad and there were thoughts, but there were never actions, thankfully,' the 30-year-old recounted as she appeared to fighting back tears.

The conversation about Katy's emotional song By The Grace Of God, in which she details her suicidal thoughts after her intense break-up, was brought up by the singer herself when talking about the range of songs on her 2013 multi-platinum album, Prism.

'Then there's By the Grace of God, which is the first song that I wrote coming to make this record, when I was in a different place, I was in a darker place.' she admitted.

After reciting a few lines of lyrics from the track, Rove asked if there was 'a time where it felt like you didn't want to go on, that you were in that low a place?'

'Sometimes you can be blinded by your extreme emotion,' Katy confessed candidly.

'I definitely was looking for answers and during that time, yeah,' she added.

Turning her pain into something positive was the singer's aim of the song, writing it so others going through the same thing wouldn't feel so alone.

'You always feel like you're the only one going through that.'

'Well then comes along a song that speaks to you, that makes you feel like "gosh, I can get through this. If she can get through this, I can get through this",' the singer said proudly.

The single gained a lot of attention when Prism was released last year, with the colourful performer telling US Billboard magazine at the time of the album's release, that her work is always autobiographical.

'That song is evident of how tough it really was at a certain point. I asked myself, "Do I want to endure? Should I continue living?"'

'I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs' Katy told the publication.

Those needing help or someone to speak to, can call Lifeline (Australia) on 131 114, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US) on 1-800-273-8255 or Samaritans (UK) on 08457 90 90 90.

Source

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Wow :ohno: I'm glad she pushed through that dark time because she's come out so much stronger and happier :yes:

monsterdreams

I don't like her music but this is sad. I'm happy she's ok now though

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Ray of Light

Sad that people still make the stale "derk" comments but don't know the tragic background history :(

UrethraFranklin

I'm trying VERY hard to be open minded about this not being for headlines to promote her superbowl performance...

Preemptive edit before I cause a sh-tstorm: I'm saying this without knowing the context on how it was brought up... I'm just saying it could easily be headline bait... I mean in true Katy Perry form, Gaga shared her rape story, Katy releases Suicide story???

Ray of Light

I'm trying VERY hard to be open minded about this not being for headlines to promote her superbowl performance...

Promote a Super Bowl performance? :air:

Haven't heard that one yet. Thanks :rip:

:rip: 

High King

Literally everyone goes through break-ups and experiences heartbreak. I doubt she ever seriously considered suicide. 

yASSsss

still PRISM is not a Derk Album,as she previously claimed it to be :coffee:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

UrethraFranklin

:rip:

Promote a Super Bowl performance? :air:

Haven't heard that one yet. Thanks :rip:

Edited my post :rip:

Archived