💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Windows 10 Discussion Thread

Henry

Featured Posts

Um What happened to Windows 9? :duck:

They said it would make more sense to name it "Windows 10" after you see and use it yourself.....What ever that means :emma:

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Pinkman

They said it would make more sense to name it "Windows 10" after you see and use it yourself.....What ever that means :emma:

mess how confusing :rip:

It's science, bitch

mess how confusing :rip:

They are probably gonna do the thing that apple does with their naming system  :duck: But who knows tbh  :emma:

Let's see how this goes  :reductive:

Azor Ahai

I just installed windows 10 on a new partition and im having problems with the start menu.

I cant see any windows 8 apps.

Anyone expierence the same problem?

PS Im loving the fact I can play Minion Rush on Desktop! YAY :party:

I just installed windows 10 on a new partition and im having problems with the start menu.

I cant see any windows 8 apps.

Anyone expierence the same problem?

PS Im loving the fact I can play Minion Rush on Desktop! YAY :party:

Never had that problem before  :huh: I wonder what could be causing it?

Untitled.png

Did you try restarting it?  :laughga:

PS: YASSS  Minion Rush buddies!  :whitney:

Azor Ahai

Never had that problem before  :huh: I wonder what could be causing it?

Untitled.png

Did you try restarting it?  :laughga:

PS: YASSS  Minion Rush buddies!  :whitney:

For 5 minutes after installing nothing worked well. 

Then the screen resolution changed like 10 times in 1 minute and when it finally stabilised the menu and everything was working :laughga:

My pc's possesed.

For 5 minutes after installing nothing worked well. 

Then the screen resolution changed like 10 times in 1 minute and when it finally stabilised the menu and everything was working :laughga:

My pc's possesed.

LOL, Happy to hear that it worked :party:

• 2 weeks later...

1 Million People Are Already Testing The Windows 10 Technical Preview

windows-10-desktop.jpg

Late last month Microsoft finally unveiled the next version of Windows, which it unexpectedly decided to call Windows 10. The official release is slated for late 2015, but the company is offering a technical preview and it may already be a hit. According to Microsoft, 1 million people have registered to test out Windows 10.

The news comes from a Microsoft blog post published earlier today, which focuses on the Windows 10 Technical Preview and claims the company has already received 200,000 pieces of feedback. Microsoft also notes that, even if you donññ‚¬ñ„±t have any original feedback to share, you can still help out. Just click the ññ‚¬Å“me tooññ‚¬ button built into the preview; confirming an issue someone else already reported will show Microsoft that itññ‚¬ñ„±s affecting multiple people.

Microsoft says most people are using Windows 10 as their go-to operating system, rather than containing the preview in a virtual machine. 64 percent of testers are running Windows 10 an a real PC, while 68 percent of people use it to launch at least seven apps per day.

Source

wait nobody's asking about Windows 9 are they just skipping a number?

I still have Windows Vista so I'm lost  :spin:

wait nobody's asking about Windows 9 are they just skipping a number?

I still have Windows Vista so I'm lost  :spin:

They said that they really don't wan't people association the next version with Windows 8/8.1 so they decided to skip a number because this version is gonna be really feature packed and it creates one platform with all their products. 

You can read more here : http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10/18/microsoft-windows-boss-elaborates-on-decision-to-skip-windows-9/

• 1 month later...

Microsoft to Showcase New Windows 10 Features in January

Windows-10.jpg

Microsoft will hold an event in January to showcase new Windows 10 features and talk about its plans for smartphones and tablets, according to sources with knowledge of the matter. The software giant is also expected to use the event to launch its first Windows 10 consumer preview.

Microsoft gave us our first glimpse at Windows 10 at a small event in San Francisco back in September. The brief event lasted just one hour, and there are many things Microsoft did not get a chance to demonstrate. But the company reportedly has much more to show us next year.

ññ‚¬Å“Weññ‚¬ñ„±re told the companyññ‚¬ñ„±s consumer feature unveiling will be more significant,ññ‚¬ The Verge reports. ññ‚¬Å“Microsoft has a large number of features to discuss, including a new touch interface dubbed Continuum.ññ‚¬

According to the report, the event wonññ‚¬ñ„±t take place at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas ññ‚¬ñ€ although Microsoft will be attending that ññ‚¬ñ€ but rather a separate event in late January. In addition to showing off new features, the company is expected to announce its plans for Windows 10 on other devices, including smartphones, tablets, and possibly Xbox One.

Itññ‚¬ñ„±s thought Microsoft could also roll out Windows 10ññ‚¬ÂČs first consumer preview at the same time. A technical preview is already available to those looking to build applications for Windows 10, but consumer builds tend to be slightly more stable, and should contain some of the additional features.

Microsoft will announced the event before the end of this year, The Verge says.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 10 Consumer Preview Coming January 21st

windows-10-consumer-preview-launched-21-

Microsoft will hold a press event at its Redmond headquarters on 21 January where it will reveal more details about Windows 10, and launch a consumer-focused preview.

Windows 10 is set to be the biggest overhaul to Microsoft's market-dominating software ever, with the operating system working across a vast range of devices, from smartphones and tablets to laptops, desktops, and severs.

The company announced Windows 10 at the end of September, launching a Technical Preview alongside it which is aimed at "PC experts comfortable downloading unfinished software" such as IT managers, enthusiasts and early adopters.

Now the company has announced that it will hold a media event - entitled Windows 10: The Next Chapter - at its Redmond headquarters on 21 January where it is expected to give much more detail on the consumer version of Windows 10, potentially show Windows 10 working on touchscreen devices, and launch a consumer-focused preview.

"You'll hear directly from senior leaders from the Operating Systems Group including Terry Myerson, Joe Belfiore and Phil Spencer who will talk about the Windows 10 consumer experience," Brandon LeBlanc said on the Blogging Windows website.

Microsoft has not given a specific launch date for the final version of Windows 10, simply saying that it will be launched at some point in 2015, likely towards the end of the year.

Following the event on 21 January, the company will reveal more details aimed at developers at its annual Build conference which will be held at the end of April 2015.

The event will be live-streamed online allowing everyone to follow the announcements.

Source

Yaay! Can't wait for some new features, also I hope it won't be like Win 8 Developer Preview -> Consumer Preview -> Release Preview -> RTM, where i had to install the clean new OS for each step

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Yaay! Can't wait for some new features, also I hope it won't be like Win 8 Developer Preview -> Consumer Preview -> Release Preview -> RTM, where i had to install the clean new OS for each step

Same, I hope we can just upgrade from the technical preview :giveup:

Same, I hope we can just upgrade from the technical preview :giveup:

But since the tech preview has the new feature to update the OS build, it should be fine :party:

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived