Gaga wearing a burqa backstage in Vancouver

JPM

Featured Posts

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

63640_495730340470784_584459003_n.jpg

BAfREWKCMAIVUzy.jpg

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2J1dHNsdS5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=DIE3BxZQrczsHDGnsEQ4IFxi7X_sQ6rGLt3perAIbDc

I just don't get why she had to have her picture taken with these people? They are not monsters, so who are they? Canadian celebs or something?

If i had to have my pic taken with those people i think i'd wear a burka too *sickyface*

Isn't that a bit... Much? I mean, Burqua's are worn by some Muslim woman who stand strong by their religion. Is it just me or isn't this sort of like, I don't know... Disrepectful? It'd be one thing if she was practicing Islamic faith, but we all know she was raised Catholic. It'd be kind of like if she were to black-face or if she were to wear a Star of David or something. I mean maybe I'm perceiving things the wrong way. Someone clarify for me if I'm wrong.

:(

TheMadridHash

IMFKR? :laughga:

i don't think they mean they don't like the song

they just mean that if its true it smells like "Judas" all over again....

Flippy

Burqa swag like Lady Gaga! :teehee:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Facepalming at the responses saying "it's just an item of clothing". If people knew the real socio-political stigma and controversy surrounding such things, they would be more hesitant to just pass it off as Gaga being fashionable. I think she's better than this, it's just a little attention seeking really, I mean, I was fine with the meat and all, but she's above making pointless controversy by now.

Facepalming at the responses saying "it's just an item of clothing". If people knew the real socio-political stigma and controversy surrounding such things, they would be more hesitant to just pass it off as Gaga being fashionable. I think she's better than this, it's just a little attention seeking really, I mean, I was fine with the meat and all, but she's above making pointless controversy by now.

See this is what I was thinking/worried about I just didn't know if I was ignorant to something that I shouldn't be.

xD

nick4bty

I would hate to get my picture taken with her like that.

Ikr??? Like if I had to set that as my FB profile pic... :wtf:

And yeah, I don't know who these people are. If one of them was the keyholder, I guess it's true that they really are giving it away to just anyone.

See this is what I was thinking/worried about I just didn't know if I was ignorant to something that I shouldn't be.

xD

It's quite a hot topic really, Gaga getting "involved" seems both pointless and somewhat attention seeking.

Evanescence

... err... a burqa is a piece of clothing. If she wants to wear it she should be able to.

It's similar to her wearing a nun headpiece.

It's quite sad that Americans are comfortable with Gaga satirizing religious imagery when it pertains to Christianity since it is part of their culture, but treat the topic of Islam with utmost political correctness. If Lady Gaga wants to wear a ****ing Pocahontas costume, you wouldn't call her out for disrespecting Native Americans.

Please....Gagadaily.

Stop.

... err... a burqa is a piece of clothing. If she wants to wear it she should be able to.

It's similar to her wearing a nun headpiece.

It's quite sad that Americans are comfortable with Gaga satirizing religious imagery when it pertains to Christianity since it is part of their culture, but treat the topic of Islam with utmost political correctness. If Lady Gaga wants to wear a ****ing Pocahontas costume, you wouldn't call her out for disrespecting Native Americans.

Please....Gagadaily.

Stop.

Yes, but none of those things are currently an issue causing heavy conflict in several countries right now. It's a case of context here, I'm all for high fashion and stuff, but it's not appropriate.

CANNOGABANG

This :fail:. She's Lady Gaga, the women who are known greatly (but not only) through controversies and s-xy images. People will start making connection.

Evanescence

Yes, but none of those things are currently an issue causing heavy conflict in several countries right now. It's a case of context here, I'm all for high fashion and stuff, but it's not appropriate.

By your logic, we should ask Lady Gaga to stop lobbying for LGBT rights since that is the cause of heavy conflict in the USA right now.

Moot.

This :fail:. She's Lady Gaga, the women who are known greatly (but not only) through controversies and s-xy images. People will start making connection.

I highly doubt she's going to only wear a burqa. if people get turned off by that one image, then they would not be fans of her already.

Archived