đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

n0ne

House at the End of the Street - 7.5/10

another generic teen thriller but of course Jennifer Larence's performance was great

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

The Great Gatsby - 9/10

I went into this movie hoping for something spectacular, and I got just that. I wish I could say they did a great job transitioning the book into a movie, but I didn't even make it halfway through the book before I had to put it down. The movie is one of the greatest movies I've seen in a while. It is exactly how I think the movie should be. The only thing that holds me back from giving it a full 10/10 is that some of the music used in the movie didn't work out. Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful" and Florence + The Machine's "Over the Love" work beautifully, but some of the more hip-hop-esque songs seem awkward for the time period of this movie.

If you've got the time, I definitely recommend that everyone go see this movie while it's in theaters. We caught the one in 3D since the regular one wasn't playing until a later time, and I must say I'm glad we did. They didn't overuse it by having things come out at you. The 3D added great visuals and really allowed you to see into Gatsby's world. Wether you hated the book or absolutely loved it, this is a must see!

Thanks for that review! I'm going tomorrow night and you made me excited to see it in 3D. I am skeptical about the hip-hop music and the time period too, but the musical anachronism worked great for Baz Luhrmann in Moulin Rouge, and also in Romeo+Juliet so we'll see.

I almost finished the book and I'm excited to see how they translated that into a movie. (A shame I won't be able to see it in its original english version though, damn french theaters)

Pity Party

Excision - 9.5/10

It's hard to put in one specific genre but it is all done so well. It's easily one of my favorite films.

Swim Deep

The Great Gatsby - 9/10. 

The acting was great, except for Toby Macquire who was questionable at his worst moments so he still wasn't that bad. I loved Leo's portrayal and even though the whole Zelda Fitzgerald-esque portrayal of Daisy has been done to death, Carey still did it amazingly. The sets and cinematography was perfection. The point loss was mostly at the music. I get what Baz was trying to do with all the modern music but it just didn't fit. The Will.I.Am song was just so misplaced, to hear all these electropop synths and autotune over a scene of a 1920s party and Y&B was overused so much. It's used pretty much every other scene in the middle of the movie and its a bit tedious over and over no matter how many versions they slung together. As much as I love Y&B, they needed to give Green Light & Back To Back a little more exposure. They also did this really annoying thing of having extras badly lip sync to the song playing over the scene and for the Green Light snippet and the rag-tag Y&B, it just looked AWFUL. I wish the soundtrack was a little more rag-tag and fitting.

Shawshank Redemption 9/10 :cryga:

Thanks to the comments in this thread for hyping me up to see The Great Gatsby!! :excited2:

The Paperboy - 8.5/10

Very good movie, but very heavy to handle. Atleast I had a hard time not to cry at some scenes. Also the best acting of Zac Efron I've seen so far.

Btw gonna see Great Gatsby 2morrow, very excited!!!

n0ne

Fast Five - 9/10

The Campaign - 7/10

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Pablo

The Great Gatsby - 9/10. 

The acting was great, except for Toby Macquire who was questionable at his worst moments so he still wasn't that bad. I loved Leo's portrayal and even though the whole Zelda Fitzgerald-esque portrayal of Daisy has been done to death, Carey still did it amazingly. The sets and cinematography was perfection. The point loss was mostly at the music. I get what Baz was trying to do with all the modern music but it just didn't fit. The Will.I.Am song was just so misplaced, to hear all these electropop synths and autotune over a scene of a 1920s party and Y&B was overused so much. It's used pretty much every other scene in the middle of the movie and its a bit tedious over and over no matter how many versions they slung together. As much as I love Y&B, they needed to give Green Light & Back To Back a little more exposure. They also did this really annoying thing of having extras badly lip sync to the song playing over the scene and for the Green Light snippet and the rag-tag Y&B, it just looked AWFUL. I wish the soundtrack was a little more rag-tag and fitting.

i felt the same way, i couldn't put it any better than you did.

and why did they use Y&B in the whole movie? Seriously  :confused:

Don't visit my profile

Warm Bodies 6/10

A bit quirky but I think if they added more fluff scenes it would've been better for me... would've work better as a comedy/fluff haha... and I thought the guy looked better as a zombie than human :awkney:

I also didn't like the lead female either... her personality seemed far too manufactured if you asked me... not really realistic :nails:

Lion Heart

220px-Olympus_Has_Fallen_poster.jpg

Olympus Has Fallen

Rating: 5/10

More over the top explosive nonsense with the typical cliche'- ridden terrorist attack where none of America's allies bother to step in and help. I swear these action movies are no longer trying- just come up with some ridiculous stunts that our hero manages to pull off and somehow not get killed. Though I did enjoy some of this ridiculousness, It's just ugh. And why is every director obsessed with exploding the White House. Do they hate America or something. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Sister

MV5BMTM5NjgxMDQwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk1

This was just on tv, a lazy Sunday movie. It was very good and I was surprised. I do love Gena Rowlands especially though. She's a fab actress.

6/10

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Miel

StarTrekIntoDarkness_FinalUSPoster.jpg

9/10

aka The Wrath of Khan, alternate universe style

3 points in and ready for more