Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pop music worries me nowadays

Dodo

Featured Posts

Look at the current top 10, 

http://kworb.net/pop/

Compare those songs to this, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOmZ3UhEXc

I don't usually say this, but gaga seriously needs to save pop music again. What are these lukewarm hits? I'm disgusted, gaga's music is so loud (in a good way) & liberating compared to these songs. 

hPh3VaR.gif

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

Excuse you, but Tove Lo's Habit is flawless and such a bop when you're high and it's plain catchy.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

inuborg

Commercial Pop music has been on a RAPID decline since 2011, but this year was a new kind of ****ty.

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Haroon

I'm pretty happy with how it is right now :laughga: Taylor and Rihanna are right around the corner with their albums anyway :party: Plus Fergie and Gwen Stefani :excited: Not to mention Reclassified by Iggy :excited2:

I think late 2014 until late 2015 will be one of the best years of pop ever :omgexcited:

Bloody

only Ariana Grande tbh released some good pop songs, but generally pop music is starting getting all about asses and s-x like

anaconda,shake it off,booty  :giveup:  :smh: 

gaga needs to save pop music like she did in 2009-2010  :worship:

ItsTommyBitch

Habits is good :crossed:

but I find the rest to be generally kind of dull and lifeless, despite quick tempos :emma: hard to explain..

Its like in instrumental music and you get the character marker of "Lively" or "with Life".. theres not that much you can do physically to make a noticable change, but you add life to the music in very subtle ways :yes:

The music in the top 10 doesn't have much "life" :yes:

Also compositionally, the music is quite basic and just another asset to the song to make it "catchy" rather than a good song quality wise.

I think the horn section in Shake it Off is an example of that... and the instrumental of All about that bass.

Gaga's hits were instrumentally fascinating and had good melodies, they weren't "basic" (and typically never are to me :queenga: )

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Gov Hooka

okay

vPZ1a4X.gif

I was worried for Pop music a long time before this messy top 10

Commercial Pop music has been on a RAPID decline since 2011, but this year was a new kind of ****ty.

MonsterMum

Excuse you, but Tove Lo's Habit is flawless and such a bop when you're high and it's plain catchy.

What if you're never high? 

Redstreak

There is still one who can save us from these dark, dark times. She's lying in wait, gathering her strength but soon she'll be ready

tumblr_ndka44UIdp1r67a89o1_500.png

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived