💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Who gave up and stopped looking for the next single?

GagaVerse

Featured Posts

PoshLife

It's a different perspective. In the grand scheme of things, waiting for a single, or a video, or anything is a small problem to have. It still sucks, but I'd rather never get a music video/single than see a loved one terribly ill. :shrug:

And I know you understand that. Me saying something like that is preaching to the choir- of course you know that a family member with cancer is more important than waiting for a video/single. It's just the way you said that came off as rather abrasive. 

Let me give my perspective on this really quickly: my father died of cancer when I was 20 years old (this was in January 2011). I fell into a really dark place (I don't want to call it depression because that's a real medical thing), and as a result I was not nice to a lot of people and would excuse it by being like "well you don't know what I went through" or "my dad just died, give me a break." But I got over that and realized that invoking our own personal losses to prove a point, defend our actions, or make people feel badly or that they can't disagree is terrible; it trivializes the loss and frankly trivializes the terrible illness that is cancer. As a result, it bothers the heck out of me when people go to the "cancer place," invoking the illness or those they've lost to it to prove their point or make other people feel like they can't have a differing opinion. It's like invoking Godwin's Law (comparing things to Hitler just to make a point) in that it completely shuts down debate while simultaneously trivializing something that is a really, really big deal. The whole attitude of "oh you think you have problems? You don't have problems" is dreadful to me, and I know it well because I had that attitude for a long time a few years ago.

My point is, I know what it's like to lose someone to cancer and to bring that up when it's just completely inappropriate, and that's why I called it out when I saw it. And that's my perspective.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

How did we survive basically two years with no music and knowing nothing about ARTPOP? I'm losing my mind after being in the dark for just a few months. :laughga:

high heeled fem

i'll tell you what it's getting ridiculous we deserve a tweet

BJOdyCC.gif

KrisFromMars

Tbh I'm waiting for the real slayage of Act II :saira:

I still have faith in that fame hooker *sobs*

shaneybaby

i'll tell you what it's getting ridiculous we deserve a tweet

BJOdyCC.gif

she tweeted!! 

..." gaga" lol 

I know this sounds wrong, but I really don't care anymore? lol Like, I'm kind of over it all...

same, who cares :smh: whatever happens happens.

LaLuna

Maybe she's going to pull a Beyoncé and drop the single/video without warning... :awkney:

I don't know anymore :giveup:

TheOriginalOne

Wow. Okay, so I'm kind of upset that there has t been anything new for months, but are some of you people seriously this bothered? Do you not have school, or a job, or a hobby to pass the time?

OBEY

What puzzles me is how Gagas "hard work" doesnt result in anything at all. Some of you are acting like Gaga is working day and night. But how come Katy, Miley, heck even Bieber has released 1-3 videos since august and nothing has happened for her. It's so fishy and yeah I have given up on her #ARTPOPmessages and #monsterstuff until we have something concrete.

OBEY

and im dissapointed that we waited so long for ARTPOP and were are waiting again and again :awkney: please gaga i need something :giveup:

SwagLikeLG

I'm tired too. the only good thing about this era is that it made me slightly more detached from her and I can go about having a normal life without always checking into what she's doing, since shes never doing anything  :toofunny:

Kayla

Let me give my perspective on this really quickly: my father died of cancer when I was 20 years old (this was in January 2011). I fell into a really dark place (I don't want to call it depression because that's a real medical thing), and as a result I was not nice to a lot of people and would excuse it by being like "well you don't know what I went through" or "my dad just died, give me a break." But I got over that and realized that invoking our own personal losses to prove a point, defend our actions, or make people feel badly or that they can't disagree is terrible; it trivializes the loss and frankly trivializes the terrible illness that is cancer. As a result, it bothers the heck out of me when people go to the "cancer place," invoking the illness or those they've lost to it to prove their point or make other people feel like they can't have a differing opinion. It's like invoking Godwin's Law (comparing things to Hitler just to make a point) in that it completely shuts down debate while simultaneously trivializing something that is a really, really big deal. The whole attitude of "oh you think you have problems? You don't have problems" is dreadful to me, and I know it well because I had that attitude for a long time a few years ago.

My point is, I know what it's like to lose someone to cancer and to bring that up when it's just completely inappropriate, and that's why I called it out when I saw it. And that's my perspective.

That's very understandable, and I have a lot of respect for your viewpoint on it. It makes a lot of sense, and I agree with the way you put it. 

Archived