💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'FAME' a blockbuster Christmas-season success!

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

The smell of success: Perfume market booms with Christmas sales expected to reach £790m and every UK adult spending £17.59 on fragrance

- Top ten lists for him and her created by fragrance website escentual.com

- Scents by Lady Gaga and James Bond among nation's most popular

- Christmas sales of perfume account for over half all annual sales

article-2229329-15E63C8C000005DC-780_634x447.jpg

This Christmas is expected to be a boom year for fragrance sales, with perfumes by Lady Gaga and Marc Jacobs featuring in the top five most popular for him and her.

Scent sales are up six per cent on last year, and a total of £790m to be spent in the UK over the festive season, according to industry experts.

Every adult in Britain is expected to spend £17.59 on perfume gifts this Christmas.

Rakesh Aggarwal, CEO of leading UK beauty and fragrance website Escentual.com, who provided the figures, said: 'This Christmas market for perfume is already shaping up to be the best for since 2008.

'Early indications have been very positive and we are predicting a six per cent increase on last year, and have similar indications from other key players in the market.'

Perfume and luxury goods sales in general are a major indicator for consumer confidence, especially over the Christmas period when the fragrances sold account for over half the total annual sales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56a6C4YGi5M

And fragrance sales are bucking the trend of much lower retail sales in other areas. Traditionally a massive 54 per cent of the total annual expenditure on perfume is on Christmas presents for loved ones - the figures collected from October to December.

This year it is estimated that £789.9m will be spent on festive gifts, which will bring the total annual spend on perfume in 2012 to £1.46 billion.

Mr Aggarwal said: 'Part of the reason of the boost to the market has been that there have been some exciting new releases in the perfume market.

'The James Bond after-shave has been a huge seller and has already made it into the top 10 men’s fragrances and is already outselling big brands like Paco Rabanne, Prada, and Armani.

'Also the Lady Gaga perfume has sold well and has already broken into the top 10 women’s fragrances this Christmas.'

Escentual.com Beauty Editor Emma Leslie compiled the top ten best selling fragrances for men and women in the UK, which are expected to be the most popular Christmas fragrances this year

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2FXWT8R6L

Also, make sure to tweet "#CelebOfTheYear @ladygaga" to vote in E's end-of-year poll today!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

This is so old :laughga:

Yeah DailyMail reported it in November, but the actual website they were reporting on finally refreshed today (it hadn't then and DailyMail themselves arent reliable) so it wasn't posted.

I walked past a Superd--g earlier and there was a huge ass Fame poster staring at me in the window. I smiled to myself :legend:

Americano

I walked past a Superd--g earlier and there was a huge ass Fame poster staring at me in the window. I smiled to myself :legend:

Her TV ad is played so much on television here. :legend:

Is it played in the Uk?

Born Brave

It is probably one of the best fragrances ever made. I am a guy and I wear it. It's not as feminine as most people think ... My boyfriend got me the soap and the lotion and another bottle of it for Christmas :P

Yeah DailyMail reported it in November, but the actual website they were reporting on finally refreshed today (it hadn't then and DailyMail themselves arent reliable) so it wasn't posted.

OK :hor:

I'm sorry then :shy:

Her TV ad is played so much on television here. :legend:

Is it played in the Uk?

Yup, it is actually. I've seen it a fair few times, especially over the past couple of weeks

Archived