đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

More interviews like these

PSYCHOSHTICK

Featured Posts

Ziggy
41 minutes ago, Carpet Shark said:

I especially like the Actors on Actors conversation (I don't think you can really call it an interview) with Jamie Lee Curtis:

in which you have two people who are highly accomplished in their respective fields, sharing their experiences in acting.

The question "who is Gaga?" has been asked in the past, and she's often answered "I'm right here!". In this convo Gaga digs a bit deeper and explains it as a kind of feedback loop.

She also says that in becoming the Countess (AHS:H) some qualities of the Countess became incorporated into her personality for a time. This kind of dovetails with the Oprah interview here (IIRC; I haven't watched this one recently) where she mentions that she underwent severe psychological changes in becoming Jo Calderone:

Do people not normally go through this in life? I always thought this was a very common, human thing to start changing when you become super invested in something. I mean, I’ve been told several times that I do this and if I look back at photos or videos from various points in my life there are clear and distinctive personality changes from what I’m wearing to how I’m articulating myself and even holding my posture and gaze all of which are due to what I was interested in at the time because I’d study the s*** out of them. But I really thought that this was normal thing that people went through so I thought it a little odd that Gaga talks about it as though it’s anything but.

Carpet Shark

Yes, people do. But not, I'd guess, with the same magnitude and intensity. I hope I'll be able to add more later, but am hesitating lest I appear to be full of bullshit. :p

Carpet Shark

Just found this audio-only BBC Radio 1 interview from the ARTPOP era:

Smother Em Eh

Honestly, there are so many awesome interviews but I love these especially 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

lad-gaga

I have been collecting her interviews lately for my collection and loved watching some of the older ones

Miel
On 7/9/2018 at 6:01 AM, Ziggy said:

Lol I wouldn’t say so. I mean, keep intent in mind. She was trying to make a statement on superficiality with that cover with the bleachrd hair and ultra spray tan skin. Would it fly today? Probably not, but I think artistic intent is always important to consider. It was a bit tone-deaf, certainly, but hardy malicious or mocking.

In the context of intent, I think she was definitely playing on the "guidette" stereotype of Italian-American socialites. Definitely a statement on superficiality within her own culture!

3 points in and ready for more

Archived