💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Oscars are Homophobic/Transphobic.

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

jaXXXon

Oh I get it! This year there'll be a #OscarsSoStraight backlash, next year will be #OscarsNonAsians and the year after that will be #OscarsNoOverweightPeople. I'm just curious... when are we going to have an #OscarsNoFacialHairWinner? 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, jaXXXon said:

Oh I get it! This year there'll be a #OscarsSoStraight backlash, next year will be #OscarsNonAsians and the year after that will be #OscarsNoOverweightPeople. I'm just curious... when are we going to have an #OscarsNoFacialHairWinner? 

Chill 🙄

John Wayne
14 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

Well you kind of just proved yourself wrong with your last sentence.

They are paying dust to movies with lgbt backgrounds. I'm not just talking about gay movies here; They don't nominate lgbt actors for playing straight roles in straight movies either.

Also also for example, Call Me By Your Name DOES NOT have a gay background. It is based off a book written by a straight man, the screen adaptation that turned it into a movie was written by a straight man, and it stars two straight men. Please tell me how this movie has a gay background. That is not an acknowledgement of the lgbt community. That is straight people taking lgbt stories, adapting them and then not allowing lgbt actors to portray that story. Not only that, but then these people are rewarded by getting an oscar nomination. 

Well personally, I haven’t seen Call Me By Your Name but I know that is a gay love story, even if the actors that are palying the characters are straight, it still is a GAY love story so in a way it acknowledges and supports the lgbtq community. Of course it would be better if an actor of the lgbtq com. played the leading role of this movie, I do agree with you on that. 

Again I do see your point, but in this case I have to disagree with you (again my personal opinion)

Florian

Acting is called acting for a reason.

You don't have to be gay to play a gay role, you don't have to be straight to play a straight role.

Do you think they audition in jails to find a good murderer? No. They just find someone talented enough to understand the depth of a character and act like it.

sethrb101
3 minutes ago, Florian said:

Acting is called acting for a reason.

You don't have to be gay to play a gay role, you don't have to be straight to play a straight role.

Do you think they audition in jails to find a good murderer? No. They just find someone talented enough to understand the depth of a character and act like it.

Exactly. I think any actor can play any role if they’re good enough. Just pick who’s best for the role.

And that’s not even me saying we don’t need more LGBT people in the industry, because we definitely do.

#Gaga2020

pink sushi
1 hour ago, bitchimtrying said:

Because gay people aren't cast in leading roles because they are taken by straight actors. 

They are.... It's just that there are not very many gay actors compared to straight ones.....

LateToCult
1 hour ago, bitchimtrying said:

But the Oscars aren't a side effect. 

The oscar nominees are determined by ALL of Hollywood, they are voted on by members of The Academy, which is every actor, director, producer, etc. They aren't just chosen at random. The nominees are people that everyone in the entertainment industry thinks is the best. And they keep rewarding straight people who are portraying lgbt roles instead of rewarding lgbt people in lgbt roles.  

The oscars aren't a side effect, they are the representation of what Hollywood deems as acceptable. And they don't deem lgbt people as acceptable. 

Uuuuuuuuuuh, you’re being a little extra. :ladyhaha:

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I still believe that changing the Oscars won’t change the film industry, but changing the film industry will change the Oscars. 

Evan Peters

there's more important things to worry about than a straight actor getting a the role of a gay character. it's called acting for a reason. there's also the fact that a) there aren't as many lgbt+ actors than straight actors, b) you aren't cast based on sexuality, you're based on talent (for the most part), and c) ya'll can't assume every actor who hasn't specifically mentioned their sexuality is straight. 

emma roberts is an abuser

How about we nominate people based on who had the best performances...not based on who people are sleeping with, the color of their skin or whats between their legs? :trollga:

Hoeanne
2 hours ago, bitchimtrying said:

Well you kind of just proved yourself wrong with your last sentence.

They are paying dust to movies with lgbt backgrounds. I'm not just talking about gay movies here; They don't nominate lgbt actors for playing straight roles in straight movies either.

Also also for example, Call Me By Your Name DOES NOT have a gay background. It is based off a book written by a straight man, the screen adaptation that turned it into a movie was written by a straight man, and it stars two straight men. Please tell me how this movie has a gay background. That is not an acknowledgement of the lgbt community. That is straight people taking lgbt stories, adapting them and then not allowing lgbt actors to portray that story. Not only that, but then these people are rewarded by getting an oscar nomination. 

I agree with you're larger point but I feel like I should say that James Ivory, who adapted the CMBYN screenplay, is gay. He was in a relationship with another man for most of his professional career. But yes, Hollywood does overall seem to only like to pay attention to films about queer people when they're made by straight people (Brokeback Mountain, Moonlight, Etc.)

Hoeanne

Honestly this is one of the things that's really bothered me as an actor. All my life, in every class, at every school, in every show, it's been mostly queer people who were working as Actors. There is a surplus of queer talent on the lower rungs of Acting society. Yet when we look at who actually thrives in this field it's a bunch of straight guys. I know it's not because of a lack of talented queer actors cause I've spent most of my life surrounded by them. We work hard, we audition, but eventually, it seems, there's a ceiling to our success that just doesn't exist for straight people doing the EXACT SAME JOB. It's infuriating.

Cssomeone

Do people's sexual orientation really matter (In this context)? If we were talking about p0rn movies, then yes, but we're talking about acting. Do you think voters care (or even know) all the nominees' sexual back story? I am afraid social justice will ruin award shows. Of course everyone deserves a chance, however Awards should be given to people because of their excellence and not because of the gender/race/ethnicity/sexuality etc.

Kindness Ponk
5 hours ago, Trepadation said:

Are the 'call me by your man' actors not lgbt+?

Timothée uesd to date Madonna's daughter so yes.:ladyhaha:

RAMROD

sksksks how is that objective? High end Awards like Oscars need to be given because of acting quality, not because of who they are. 

Better question and criticise why Hollywood have lack of LGBTQ and POC person acting or directing quality film than blame it on the Oscars.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Archived