💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Clearly you're a fan and you're upset by this news considering your frantic, barely-coherent and profanity fuelled posts. That screenshot is dumb as hell... For one, Timothy stated in her post that she didn't understand the extent of what had happened to her in that experience. So we don't know how recently she came to accept the fact that she was abused by someone she loved (and still claims to love).

Secondly - what evidence do you require? How do you prove a sexual assault? It's dicey ground to tread on but using such aggressive language towards someone speaking out, e.g. "attention seeking *****" is vile and contributes to rape culture. This is why victims are so scared to speak out and either never do or take years to talk about it. You can't express your feelings in a more eloquent, intelligent and calm way? You're criticising people for being sheep and going along with anything but you're being the most irrational in this thread so far. If you're going to respond to me with a load of swear words and anger don't even bother because you'll just prove me right.

Thirdly, Melanie has literally admitted in her response that this encounter happened! Her attempt at justifying it was - quote - "she never said no". Everyone would all scoff at that response if it came from a man and take it as an admission, so why aren't we doing it with her? Because she's a pop girl that you like? What more evidence is needed when both sides agree on what happened, and neither of them indicate that there was any consent on the part of Timothy?

Please let me know how coming to this conclusion - or at least considering it - after Melanie's response makes us "sheep"?

Thank god for people like you! Completely agree with everything you said.

It's such an awkward topic because Melanie is in the public eye but why do people feel the need to victim blame? Timothy would have nothing to gain from this and you're so right, Melanie did admit to this interaction. 

People are aloud to stand by someone who is being accused of rape, I would never do it but I see why people would but we don't need to victim blame and throw abuse at someone who had the courage to tell their story and to speak up about a sensitive issue.  

Also off topic and maybe controversial but we're on a Gaga forum. Gaga herself has spoken about her experience with rape and sexual assault yet she worked with Terry Richardson and R Kelly? Do we discredit Gaga and her story? No we don't, so why does Timothy dressing as Melanie have anything to do with this accusation? 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She didt defend and she didnt deny it....so i dont know how to feel about this. :/

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Doncho

Some of you wanting "proves" of the assault... the only prove is the victim s story! I see why some of you have doubts about it, but Melanie s "response" was soooo bad. She didnt even say "I didnt rape her" or "She is making this up". She is trying to cover herself the best she can...

I honestly feel sad for every single person that have been through something similar

KingRedd
2 hours ago, MonsterPaws said:

Hmm ok I definitely get your perspective and thank you for sharing it.

But let's say that someone was forced to say yes to sex. They "verbally [said] yes" so would it count?

That's a bit unrealistic, so let's take another scenario in which the victim was drunk or even half-drunk, and verbally said yes, would it count?

I'm just curious about your opinion on these kinds of scenarios. 

I’m glad someone on here can converse without shade and drama lol

I personally think that if someone is drunk and says yes to sex, it’s very difficult to prove if the sex was unwanted. A lot of people use being drunk as a way to do things they wouldn’t normally do. Some people wake up and say,” why did I just have sex.” It’s hard to know if the person legit was raped and felt violated or if the person regret their decision and feels guilty by engaging in it. If the person was drunk and said yes it would have to be a very distinct case to actually be labeled assault. You’re right, that scenario is very touchy and hard to decide about. In no way am I saying it’s the victims fault. It’s just hard to know if the line was crossed. 

May I Read You? 😎

KingRedd
41 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Some of you wanting "proves" of the assault... the only prove is the victim s story! I see why some of you have doubts about it, but Melanie s "response" was soooo bad. She didnt even say "I didnt rape her" or "She is making this up". She is trying to cover herself the best she can...

I honestly feel sad for every single person that have been through something similar

I called for proof because anyone can say “_______ raped me” and they would be attacked and crucified. Rape is a serious accusation and shouldn’t be used to target people who are innocent as a way to gain publicity or sales. The trend now is to come clean about rape allegations so this woman could be doing this for fame. It’s ok to want more proof. 

May I Read You? 😎

RodeckDanny

OMG I'm shocked I came here expecting she would deny. Bye to her career and her babies

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

ryanripley
3 hours ago, Beytwice said:

Gaga f*cked me with a d*ild* against my will

don't you even dare to say that i'm lying

i said that i'm a victim of sexual assault so i definetly am, your point is invalid

this is how stupid the situation and your reaction to it are

this isn't even the same at all :smh: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Harry said:

I feel like most people if they weren't into someone making an advance would say "no" but the word literally isn't the point, it's the message you're conveying. No one asks do you want to have sex unless it's on Grindr or whatever lol. But in a physical situation, a lot of these things are unspoken. If you sit there rubbing someones leg and reach up to grab their crotch and they push your hand away without a single word spoken, then they are not giving consent. If they don't show any kind of reciprocation to any sexual act or motion then there's no consent. Idk why you're focusing so much on the word "yes" or "no" as if they are magic spells or something, it's just a shorthand way of recounting a situation.

"Asking for consent" is not really realistic in terms of saying "do you consent to having sex with me?", but you certainly need to receive consent. Whether it is in the form of someone matching your sexual come-on with another or any other kind of dialogue where both people are clearly up for it.

Agreed, a lot of these things would be unspoken, at least, how I imagine it. Pushing a hand away would be as good as saying "no," as far as I'm concerned. I'm focusing on the word because others have brought up the fact that the word "no" is the most important thing. As if it doesn't matter how calmly or silently they go along with everything, that can't be interpreted as consent, apparently. It's different if it's a stranger doing this to you, but if it's a friend who you're close with, why would you tense up in fear and be unable to say a word? I know if someone who I knew very well started behaving towards me in an unwelcome way, I wouldn't think twice about asking them what on earth they were playing at. Because you're more confident around your friends. I'm just a bit baffled that some seem to think that "no" is the ultimate word of non-consent and no other word/phrase will do. Unless I've completely misinterpreted what they meant.

I'm not debating the need for consent. I'm just debating the apparent necessary usage of the terms "yes" and "no" because there are plenty of other phrases that convey exactly the same meanings and basically everything you said in the last sentence. And some sexual etiquette really helps during the act as well, asking someone if they're ok if they're not saying anything, asking if they're comfortable if they let out a painful-sounding moan or something. Melanie's insistence that "she never said no" is certainly suspect. It suggests that "no," at least where she's concerned is the ultimate line drawn and as long as the other person doesn't say that word, everything's fine. This is why I'm asking if the word "no" in particular is necessary among many of this generation to truly signify that attention is unwanted. Certainly, I've heard this "she never said no" defence too often from men. This is the first time I've heard it from a woman and it's left me blindsided by the shock of it.

Reality
15 hours ago, JDi said:

it's carefully planned. it's not about sharing. it's about achieving. it's obvious revenge. 

stop defending the supposed victim every single time. we know nothing. you're not serving "progress". you're serving the normalization of alternative wrongful tendencies that already require less effort than getting away with sexual assault.

from what we know, Heller looks suspicious and Martinez looks honest because if she wanted us to trust her, she would've worded her response better. 

How does Heller look suspicious, but Melanie doesn't? Also, maybe I'm just reading this weirdly, but how are you going to say that Melanie looks honest, but then say "if she wanted us to trust her, she would've worded her response better"? 

Melanie essentially just confirmed that this interaction happened. Of course she's going to try to deny it, but she only made herself look more guilty by doing so. Even if she didn't say "No," which I doubt isn't true because we already know that she sexually assaulted her, not saying "Yes," still means no.  

🖤👹

PrinceOfTheStorm

Oh wow.. :saladga:

So was my “Cake Theory” right? :oprah: (Joking, joking. Please don’t hate my guts. :S)

But seriously, her career just ended... :madge: 

She’s admitting it, but trying to act like Heller wanted it? :huh: This is a really weird way to respond to this situation... :shrug:

signing out

the responses in this post are absolutely disgusting. some of you should be ashamed

this is why so many victims are scared to come forward. if gaga's rapist came forward with a cryptic response would you doubt gaga's claims? like..... 

i canNOT

giphy.webp

7 hours ago, Harry said:

It's not always necessarily "letting" someone continue, though. Sometimes it can be feeling like you have no choice but to just "get it over with" because you feel powerless. A lot of cases are like this. If the person isn't reciprocating any kind of interest at all and you're just... doing stuff to them - then something is up.

You end your statement "point blank" as though you've just made a really great point that should be obvious to everyone, but it's actually kinda worrying imo. If you tried to perform a sexual act on someone that seemed even remotely hesitant, distant or motionless and wasn't saying anything - you would just carry on? Wouldn't that feel creepy? I really can't fathom that you'd take someone in that state to be giving consent, or that you'd even find it enjoyable for that matter.

Even if you thought that someone was acting uncomfortable but they "want to have it" (which is kind of a gross frat-bro take on it anyway), wouldn't you stop and make sure they were okay lol? Feels weird to even imagine identifying that someone is acting uncomfortable or hesitant and not partaking and you'd just continue.

do understand where you're coming from but I think it's dangerous and I just want you to consider this feeling that many people have described where they feel too powerless or scared in that situation to stop it from happening. I work in a school and a 16 year old was recently in a situation like this and she's been a wreck ever since. It makes me sad to see people say that the victim should've done more to halt the situation when clearly it's not easy for some people to make that stand.

I'm sorry the way a expressed it was a little weird but making a point in such a serious issue in another language is kind of hard. As I said, if I felt the other person was motionless or hesitant, yes I would stop. If the person kept making excuses or pulling away I would stop immediately. Because that's saying no to me. But if the person says nothing and I make a move and they let it continue there's no way in hell I'm gonna know they don't want to do it. Especially if I'm high lol. My post was a response to someone that said that even if Timothy wasn't pulling away or expressing hesitation it was Melanie's job to know if she really wanted ir or not. That she needed to hear "yes" or else it was rape. I'm sorry but that just seems crazy to me. No one asks anyone "do you want to have sex with me?" It just happens.

Melanie has no power over Timothy. They're friends. She doesn't have to answer to Melanie for anything. Again, as I said, if Timothy kept pulling away and making excuses but Melanie kept pushing her to do it than yes, I see it as rape. But if none of that happened then I don't see how Melanie could know Timothy didn't want to do it. Am I crazy for thinking like that?

blackthorns
20 hours ago, MetalliGa said:

She admitted it :udidnt: I was so ready to shade on those gullible -- but bye lol

ConventionalDampHarborseal-max-1mb.gif

Anyway, Queen of Lesbian activity :applause: 

thats not funny, this isn't a topic to crack jokes about.

20 hours ago, Helxig said:

God, after hearing both sides of this situation it just sounds so familiar to my own terrible experiences :smh:   

Way too similar for my own comfort. In so many ways.

same-the entire response from melanies end sounds a lot like what my ex said I'm shocked.

20 hours ago, derpmonster said:

"Didn't say no," --that's exactly what happened in most cases of men in power sexually harassing/assaulting women. People often don't feel like they can. Either because the other person is in a position of authority or too good of a friend to refuse.

Not saying no doesn't mean yes. It's not consent.

thanks!! preach it sis.

19 hours ago, Luxe Ford said:

Things like these should be settled in court, not by vigilantes on social media. Naming people publicly is dangerous, because the casual reader never know the whole story. We read something, react and judge immediatly. 

Imagine for a second that it happened to you.

except statue of limitations is a thing, and it likely wont go to court. even if it did, it likely wouldn't get anywhere. signed, a survivor who has had a police report sitting in the station for the past five months.

17 hours ago, Censored said:

Why do I feel like she labeled as "rape" a situation in which she went in with full consent or while being "unsure", because she regretted it much later on? :smh: Hell this could even be her boyfriend finding out she cheated on him back in the day and she might be trying to cover that up. Don't be so hasty people. :smh:

yikes. 

17 hours ago, Bloody said:

Well she openly admits that something happened between them, I was expecting that. 

What makes me doubtful is if Timothy was really forced or she just regreted it afterwards. I'm really confused about this, we can never know what actually happened. Their relationship was very weird..

yikes.

13 hours ago, Decodekid said:

For those of you who think that when the girl stopped saying no it was ok for melanie to continue, that's not right, how come it is not sexual assault when your not asking for that person's permition. A no means no, and when its neither a yes or a no, then that's still a no, if someones not sure or is simply not responding, then dont ****ing do anything. It really surprises me how some of y'all think :awkney:

preach it sis!!

9 hours ago, LM said:

Why didn't she just walk away and said "sry Melanie, I don't want this, we both would regret, cya tomorrow"

Also, why didn't they talk about this before she posted this on the internet? Not even Melanie and Timothy agree on the same version of the story so how can the public have an objective opinion about this? If you don't want to sue her don't take this sh!t on the internet

why the f*ck would timothy EVER want to talk to melanie again?? I'm sorry, but once I burned the bridge with my abusive ex I broke down with a panic attack every time I heard his name, and if I saw him in public? I usually ended up puking from anxiety and not being able to leave the house for a week. In what world do you think its reasonable to expect a person to contact their rapist for the publics benefit.

also thats not how power dynamics work in an abusive relationship. You can't just go "sorry bye see ya later" if you're terrified and can't move.

8 hours ago, MonsterPaws said:

Hmm ok I definitely get your perspective and thank you for sharing it.

But let's say that someone was forced to say yes to sex. They "verbally [said] yes" so would it count?

That's a bit unrealistic, so let's take another scenario in which the victim was drunk or even half-drunk, and verbally said yes, would it count?

I'm just curious about your opinion on these kinds of scenarios. 

rape in both cases. a yes via coercion or threat is still rape, and legally an intoxicated person cannot consent. 

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

Archived