💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Black Jesus † Amen Fashion is underrated

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think that Black Jesus † Amen Fashion is very underrated as hardly anyone mentions it. This song uses religious metaphors and the symbolism of Jesus as an "influencer" and philosopher to convey how Gaga had a new way of thinking about the pop/fashion world thanks to this new "Black Jesus" that she met in New York. The catchy chorus is also smartly written as it continuous the incorporation of religious practices into her fashion/pop world by saying "Amen Fashion". Which means "so it be fashion": (Basically she is celebrating/praising fashion. Like saying that fashion is something sacred and spiritual). This song is also one of the most unique songs Gaga has made as it sounds like an 80s styled song with a very futuristic sound. It extrapolates a very moody and atmospheric sound with a big and explosive feel. To continue, Gaga's vocals show a lot of versatility in this song. Her voice switches between jazzy vocals, to pop sweetness, to commanding speaking, to even intense growls. In general, BJAF is a grower, but once you get into it, you get into IT. 

I 100% agrih, we need an appreciation thread tbh.

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

One of the worst from Born This Way - although the remix is good:bon:

Care to explain why?

The Child

I never saw it that lmao, I always thought Jesus was to religion what the color Black is to the fashion industry.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The reason I'm not a huge fan of the song is because it's sadly extremely hard for me to remember how it sounds like like literally I have to search it up every time I want to know how it sounds like :toofunny: 

2 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

It doesnt sound good at all:ladyhaha:  

I don't agree. But I guess this comes down to taste. 

Borisapillar

My favorite track from Born This Way. I love how the verses sound like a rockin’ musical as she narrates her life.

AlexanderMagno

It is, and it isn't.

Sonically, it's very good and underrated.

But if there is a Madonna song in this album, it's this one. It's too much Madonna.

Archived