💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

GoT actor joked about rape, video resurfaces among Hollywood scandal

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

The rape joke was ****ing disgusting and points to a large problem.

But generalizations are disgusting and possibly dangerous too (black men are violent; Arabs, muslims, south asians, Sikhs are terrorists; mexicans are rapists; women are whiney; whites are privileged and the list goes on and on and on).

We can deal with more than one problem at a time.

And y'all are perpetuating one as much as this actor is. Different issues are still issues nevertheless :wacko:

And don't come at me for pointing out your mistake by bringing up the "but rape jokes are more shocking!!" like you did w/ @tellemhone because once again:

We can deal with multiple problems, and hopefully over time we mitigate them.

“Men are trash” can’t be compared to “black people are violent” by any means. One is a dangerous rhetoric used to antagonise black people which leads to larger issues e.g. police brutality, “men are trash” does not. We don’t live in a matriachial world, females don’t commit majority of crimes. Men aren’t oppressed in any country in the world.

“Not all men” is tired and acts on the same basis as “ALL lives matter”, it only exists to belittle the experiences of marginalized groups.

Yes, let’s deal with multiple problems; pointing out “not all men” does nothing.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
4 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

You are actually insane. I'm done. I'm so ****ing done.

Good day.

Thanks. :selena:

Have a good day too. I'm actually headed to sleep and I was just bored so arguing in this thread was fun. :poot:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Well, every joke offends some people in some ways, but sometimes you have to think before making it to the public.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

The Child
2 minutes ago, gag said:

“Men are trash” can’t be compared to “black people are violent” by any means. One is a dangerous rhetoric used to antagonise black people which leads to larger issues e.g. police brutality, “men are trash” does not. We don’t live in a matriachial world, females don’t commit majority of crimes. Men aren’t oppressed in any country in the world.

“Not all men” is tired and acts on the same basis as “ALL lives matter”, it only exists to belittle the experiences of marginalized groups.

Yes, let’s deal with multiple problems; pointing out “not all men” does nothing.

Thank you.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

13 minutes ago, 2007 said:

What do you want me to type that hasn’t been said yet? I won’t post something that has been said million times for the sake of increasing my post-count. We all can agree that his dark humor was quite disturbing, yeah surprise the moon isn’t made out of cheese. But her obnoxious attitude towards the conversation is what aggravated me. Trying to be victimized by everything 24/7. 

Well, then don't post anything instead of talking about "Feminism is cancer" in a thread about RAPE COMMENTS. R A P E. 

The f*ck is that, dude. Yikes. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

She was just saying that if you're a cis men you have more chances of being utter garbage and by keeping on with your behavior you're only showing that she's right.

I don't see any of these people talking about Harvey Weinstein and being offended by his disgusting actions. In any thread. 

But feminism is cancer. 

This is disgusting. The only part of the tweet that I dislike is that she says men are trash, and she’s just generalising.

The night sky tells all

MonsterPaws
11 minutes ago, gag said:

I agree.

But creating new unneeded generalizations won't do anything either, but could create MORE tensions instead. See what I;m getting at?

Btw, I said black men are perceived to be violent not black people overall. This is a problematic stereotype that gets black men shot for no reason. It's from a case study in my Poli-Sci class.

Just because the male (or any other group) isn't oppressed doesn't mean we should begin oppressing them.

Personally, I think that's just ****ed up.

We wanna take down who's on top just to be replaced by another group and the cycle of conflict moves on?? If we can just treat everyone with respect (and help those in need) we can maybe--just maybe--move towards a higher level of peace.

The Child
3 minutes ago, Lokiy said:

I don't see any of these people talking about Harvey Weinstein and being offended by his disgusting actions. In any thread. 

But feminism is cancer. 

They are only the perfect example that boys will be boys and that the society will always have an excuse for their behavior, the excuse here is that it's dark humor. :awkney:

In this society, men are raised (gay or not) to excuse each other's actions.

The Child
1 minute ago, MonsterPaws said:

I agree.

But creating new unneeded generalizations won't do anything either, but could create MORE tensions instead. See what I;m getting at?

Btw, I said black men are perceived to be violent not black people overall. This is a problematic stereotype that gets black men shot for no reason. It's from a case study in my Poli-Sci class.

Just because men (or any other group) isn't oppressed doesn't mean we should begin oppressing them.

Personally, I think that's just ****ed up.

We wanna take down who's on top just to be replaced by another group and the cycle of conflict moves on?? If we can just treat everyone with respect (and help those in need) we can maybe--just maybe--move towards a higher level of peace.

You're basically asking Black people to treat racists who wants them dead with respect? :saladga:

Cuchulainn
19 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

You can't compare gay men with cis men cause unlike gay men cis men don't face prejudice and discrimination for their sexual orientation. The next time you want to debate, don't forget your brain and don't compare the incomparable.

It was a comparison about generalizations. I can't believe how many people here think it's okay to generalize certain groups of people just because they aren't 'oppressed.'  

"Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth."

So that means the tweet also talks about black men, Asian men, etc.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

The Child
2 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

It was a comparison about generalizations. I can't believe how many people here think it's okay to generalize certain groups of people just because they aren't 'oppressed.'  

I also can't believe how more people are shocked about a "generalization" than a rape joke.

Have you guys even watched Game of Thrones? Do you know how the Dothraki are in the books? I mean, he raped Daenerys several time on the show, and the Dothrakis do what they want to, take woman they want to have if they are stronger and have sex/rape them in front of everyone. 

Maybe it wasn't a good joke, but making everyone a monster is a thing now?

Archived