Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Shape Of You Breaks Record For Most Weeks Spent In Top 10

JiU

Featured Posts

What the title said ^^^

I don't have an article or anything, but last week it tied that record and the top 10 revealing livestream that is currently happening on Billboard's Facebook said Shape Of You is #9 this week, for those of you with FB check it for yourselves if you don't believe me 

Article about last week: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7940816/ed-sheeran-shape-of-you-hot-100-top-10-ties-record

:awkney:

TheRoof
Just now, GagaInTheZone said:

The new streaming rules are tragic for charts...

THIS 

billboard what are you doing??:grr:

Guys I might be making another thread soon, we're currently at #4 and we'll see what position Despacito is :awkney:

littlepotter

i hate how people complain about the streaming rules all the time. just because ur fav isn't in the bb100 anymore doesn't mean they shouldn't count streaming, because it is the leading music consumption service nowadays. i hate the charting music but its stupid to blame billboard for peoples awful tastes

chaeri pls

Gohan

There should be a new rule to avoid these big ass streaming forces to get hits all the damn time, it's annoying. 

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Mirages
11 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

One word:

TRAGIC

The real tragic thing is Despacito just tied One Sweet Day :neyde: Disgusted is what I am

I'm the bitch that's fragile

YeehawKylie
9 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

i hate how people complain about the streaming rules all the time. just because ur fav isn't in the bb100 anymore doesn't mean they shouldn't count streaming, because it is the leading music consumption service nowadays. i hate the charting music but its stupid to blame billboard for peoples awful tastes

No one is saying streaming shouldn't count, people are complaining about how it is weighted against hard sales (a unit sale that the owner can listen to over and over). Looking at chart trends over the last ten years streaming has led to more stagnant chart placement and longevity. Would Shape of You beat this record in a pre-streaming era? Would The Chainsmokers have been #1 for song in a pre-steaming era? It's debatable. The weight of streaming for Billboard charts makes success on such charts a less opportune possibility for new or up-and-coming artists. 

Archived