💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The 13th Doctor is female

judxs

Featured Posts

RAMROD
2 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I don't think that's quite it... Just refer back to all of the reception Ghostbusters got before it was released. There was nothing about jokes at the expense of men in initial press releases, just extreme sexism (and some racism - thanks Milo :sis: ) and people wondering "why are they women!?", to the point that reception of the movie is greatly tainted by this :emma: It's the most disliked movie trailer in all of YouTube history, and one of the most disliked videos proportional to its viewer count (its sitting at close to 1.1 million dislikes right now and 43 million views; Baby by Justin Bieber has 8 million dislikes, but almost 2 billion views. People called this feminist movie a **** punch to all men before it even came out :saladga: (I swear that's an actual article title I read back then :rip:)

That being said, minimally important male characters or male characters that are not as competent or relevant to the plot is purposeful subversion, not man hating. The absolute irony in people getting mad about that is exactly why movies like this are important :ladyhaha: To take it as conveying a tone of "man hating", but not to categorize the vast majority of media as incredibly sexist when the treatment of women in them is worse :rip: That's some privileged bs fam :deadbanana:The men being portrayed how they are portrayed is simultaneously a middle finger to misogyny, and an exercise in role reversal. And its not even one to one or anything. The men aren't overly sexualized, expected to be pure, but slutty, completely unintelligent, etc. Their entire existences and even lines in the movie are not solely about women, talking to women, about women :gum: Yes, there's some, but iirc, its not even that bad. 

Do I think its like "two wrongs dont make a right?" Maybe a little, but men being important while women are swept under the rug is the vast majority of media and really modern civilization, so excuse me if I don't find one instance where it is switched up to be deserving of more outrage than the vast majority of human history :rip:  

Making an honest movie that reflects real life might be called "PC" by those who don't get it, but its actually just an accurate depiction :rip: 

Also, the movie is funny because they had a funny cast and decent writer :emma: 

You can say that, but we have the results here.

This is a multi million business after all, you would not want to make anyone feel attacked when they are watching your movie. And Wonder Woman did just that, while still being very much feminist. And the result, it is currently still on top 3 best selling films of this year. Whereas most people pretends GB never happened.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ItsTommyBitch
34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You can say that, but we have the results here.

This is a multi million business after all, you would not want to make anyone feel attacked when they are watching your movie. And Wonder Woman did just that, while still being very much feminist. And the result, it is currently still on top 3 best selling films of this year. Whereas most people pretends GB never happened.

But... its different, that was my original point :gum: You can't claim that the reason WW is still doing so well is just because it has an equal balance of male and female important characters, while Ghostbusters doesn't. For one, thats actually false and two it's irrelevant to success :deadbanana: There's also just a lot too it than that, such as the fact that Wonder Woman has been an iconic comic book figure since 1941 and comic book movies are some of the most popular movies to ever be created in the West; look at the hype around them to remakes of old classics, there's no comparison really. 

The bad reaction to Ghostbusters is still because of a perceived "PC" agenda - which is far from the truth; again, PC is a snarl word. People think that any kind of change of a character is an "injustice!" when its literally not. People pick and choose what to get offended over, and its telling of them more than the artistic direction. The reaction to the main characters being white and diverse women was so harsh that it literally caused the movie to be less successful. That's sexism at work.

Wonder Woman the movie is feminist in many ways, but I have no doubts that it would still be very successful if it wasn't. Despite what ya'll think, outright feminism isn't actually popular in the grand scheme of things. The $600 million in revenue from Wonder Woman is not just feminists and women surging to the theaters, and there is actually still significant backlack to the feminist attitudes in the movie all over the internet. There's also the whole "women only screenings" thing, and there's a lot of sexism and ignorance out there surrounding that too. :ladyhaha: 

Meanwhile, Ghostbusters was actually pretty well received critically, but I've had men on the internet literally will tell me its the worst garbage in the world because it takes their precious all male ghostbusters and makes them female. Or, "I'm not sexist, it just ruined my childhood movie though". Jokes on them, cause it was hella funny :emma:

Spoiler

I actually just watched it today because I was inspired by this conversation, and the idea that the men are specifically made to be dumb, punching bags is totally over exaggerated :rip:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived